Saturday, December 11, 2021

Merry Day #11....

 ~ Welcome to my ~


Merry Day #11

Three Days before this date 24 years ago....
I sat in noon mass of the Immaculate Conception Mass. I was pregnant with Katie and I was praying for a safe delivery and to make the next 6 weeks fly because I so badly wanted to hold my baby. 

God had plans....
because just 3 short days later I went into labor and wham! she was here. 
6 weeks early. She had no complications and we went home just like a normal baby would but still she was a preemie and she was tiny. 5 lbs 4 oz.

Today 24 years later we celebrate her birthday!
and gone are the baby days she is working full time, jet setting all over the country, engaged and we have a wedding to plan and (to be honest) I'm not looking very forward to doing the wedding. It's going to be a lot of work and I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to wanting everything perfect. She deserves perfect because she has worked so hard. 

But wedding plans aside, today is her day!
Here she was as a baby (she made up for being a preemie):

Katie_6 months_May 1998

My favorite photo (ever) of her and Keith, every time I see this I just sit and cry. 
She loves her Daddy and it shows here. We are so lucky and I think too...back on those days when I had 3 basically babies all at the same time, was I aware of how blessed I was, did I take time for granted trying to get all the things done and did I savor every moment. Sometimes I think I didn't pay attention to what a wonderful life I was leading.... 

Keith and Katie_Katie's 3 birthday_Dec 2000

Here she is as a big girl last spring graduating with her Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering


Untitled

and here is her engagement picture 

Katie and Austin

and them at a wedding this summer. 


Katie and Austin 1

Don't they make a handsome couple? 


Last weekend on Saturday, December 4th....
We celebrated the birth of my boys 22nd birthday!!
Those little stinkers came early too...in fact they wanted to come early for 6 weeks before they were born so I lay on my back for 6 weeks in the hospital on magnesium sulfate and other drugs to try to keep them in..... at 33 weeks and 5 days they made their emergency appearance! (yes, preemie too....I just did not have very good pregnancies)

Twins Birth 1999

To understand how little Katie was here is a photo of the day we came home. We had literally just walked in from the hospital on Dec. 15, 1999 (they had to stay 11 days after their birth in the hospital and I had to stay too so I had lived 8 weeks in the hospital.)


Katie_2 years_December 1999

But they made a rebound! Look at these little chubsters! They loved breast feeding! HA! (I was like a cow in a stall and told Keith to call me Bessy. I was feeding them day and night - LITERALLY)

Ian and Jacob 6 months


Here is a proud moment from their lives ~
The boys became Eagle Scouts in 2015!

Boys Cupcake Tower

And here the little jovial guys are last weekend at their own birthday party!

Untitled

Here is my whole family ~ The young lady with Ian is his fiance Edie. They will be married next September. (the young man by Ellie is her boyfriend, Logan)

Untitled

Being silly before they open their gifts. LOL! 

Untitled


Well folks....
That's it for today! I am exhausted because of the cleaning yesterday. I cleaned my cave (huge, huge undertaking) and Keith, God bless his soul, cleaned the entire upstairs. I was sure lucky when he walked in my life.

I have got to get to making Katie's birthday meal. Last week the boys ordered Chinese Chicken (that's what they call it) It is really called Faux Tso's and if I do say so myself it is delicious. That could be because of all the sugar in it. But it is a treat meal. 

Today Katie has ordered: 
Garlic Knots, Chicken Gnocchi Soup and Salad.
Her birthday cake: Tiramisu
She just got in last night from a week long business trip to San Diego and she said she ate Hamburgers every day and she's ready for a good meal. So I got to get my dough rising and its nearly 8 a.m. 

Thank YOU for visiting with me and my family today!

Merry Day #11
Merry Christmas!

All my love, 
Vonna xxxx

12 comments:

  1. Celebrate your beautiful family ! I love hearing about everyone and seeing the pictures. Happy Birthday Katie. It's a busy but exciting time with 2 weddings ahead in the new year. Enjoy this "merry" season !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet post. Blessed family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a lovely day celebrating Katie's birthday x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing Katie a wonderful birthday! What an exciting time for you and your family with 2 weddings in 2022! Thinking of you and wishing you a wonderful weekend, Vonna.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Katie and Boys.

    Merry Christmas
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your life and family with us! You are truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many blessings have you received, God is good. You have a wonderful beautiful family, thank you for allowing us to see and enjoy your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful family in every way. The great Parents are to be
    commended. Happy Birthday Katie & twins. Now on to the weddings !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happiest of birthdays to your no-so-much-babies-anymore babies! You and Keith "dun gud" raising them up!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to Katie and her birthday dinner sounds delicious. Have a great family day celebrating her special day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday, Katie! Congratulations on cleaning and organizing the cave, Vonna. It always feels good to get a task like that completed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Belated Birthday to Katie and the twins. Thanks for sharing their sweet baby photos!

    ReplyDelete