Monday, January 24, 2022

Little House Fall on the Farm....

 ~ Welcome Friends to my blog ~

Well....
trying to stay true to myself, I took Saturday and Sunday off after working all week at the quilt shop. 

Yep! I do have finishing orders coming out of my ears and people contacting me every day to get on my list for finishing - and boy do I appreciate my client's loyalty and new people interested in being a client. Some day soon I'm going to have to say I'm closed, but right now I'm keeping my head above waves. 

Saturday really wasn't an "off" day....we did a bunch of wedding shopping. Then I didn't sleep all night thinking what else I needed to buy/get/rent....so no sleep. Last night I went to bed at 7:30 and I am proud to say: I slept  ALL  NIGHT LONG! I didn't get up until 7:30 a.m. that is huge for me to get 12 full hours of sleep. HUGE! (and I'm still tired! HA!) 
 
Before my big sleep fest, I managed to stitch my afternoon away after mass and lunch....
I'd been waiting to get a free moment to start stitching Little House Needleworks - "Fall on the Farm" 

During my Christmas Break, I spent one whole afternoon and evening creating a pleasing (to my eye) border for my Fall Farm Community. I like all of my Little House communities that I have stitched over the years (and there have been a lot of them) to have a border to encompass them in harmony. I try to focus on elements that I pull from the original photo that Diane posts about the design series and incorporate them in the frame. I worked hard on it and I think it turned out rather nicely.

Last night I shared my start on my Instagram account:

Untitled

I am stitching mine 1 over 1 on 25 ct. Vintage Country Mocha 
I have so many large cross stitch pieces that I thought maybe this would be darling as a small, small piece ....look how tiny it is compared to my bottle cap needleminder 💝
I think it is going to be darling!

I like stitching over one as long as it is an evenweave. Don't much like stitching over one on any count of linen, it hurts my eyes. However, over one on evenweave for some reason - for me - is OK. Almost like stitching on hardanger or aida. 

Anyhoo.....
I posted this photo and went to bed pretty much after I posted it. This morning I awoke to....
tests, direct messages, emails and comments left on my photo of my stitching all with the general question: "Would you consider sharing your frame?" 

I love to share....
and sadly I feel that many people have come to expect me to give everything I create from my head away. But I sat out 16 years ago to do what I loved best, celebrate what the Lord gave me in blessings and gifted abilities and share, as He asks us to do with our gifts, to help others. When I started out stitching 40 years ago....when I got done with something all I knew to do was frame it. As I got older and in college I started experimenting making ornaments and such. There were no books or the internet to draw inspiration from. I just messed around and most of them turned out just like that - a mess! But I had a few triumphs!  

Way back in the early 2000's when people started asking me how I did something from sharing here on my blog or on bulletin boards, I made it my life goal to share what I had learned through the talents that had been gifted me. There ARE no exception, not then and not now.

Here is the border I have created:

Untitled


I do not give colors - rather I printed each stitch in the color palette that I envision it, and it is up to the stitcher that uses this pattern to interpret their own color choices. I personally have pulled from the palette that Diane uses for her series. I give stitch counts and fabric sizes to cut if using the frame - please double check! and I use 3 inch borders always.
The orange boxes are for pattern placement ONLY do not stitch! 

To get the pattern to print, I purchased a cross stitch software so that I could print the pattern, then scan it and upload it to put it on the web so that others could print it. So this free pattern to you, that I created for myself was not free to me, in cost or time. So please if you use it, all I ask, is to give my name credit. Thank you!

P.S. I also reproduced my Early Americans frame and reprinted and reuploaded it to the internet so that it could be printed - since I got a lot of flack about it not being printable from a discerning few disgruntled people. So it too is now printable if you are interested - link is in my tabs above - click on Early Americans border and there you find the link to my files.

P.S.S.: stay tuned - I have a Country Cottage Needleworks Series that I have created a border for....I have a great idea and I'm not sharing it yet, but I think it's going to be fantastic, and of course - I'll share it too - as soon as I do some test stitching - to ensure that it is going to work. 

~ and please ~
if you use any of my free designs, use any of my free tutorials - please give my name credit. That is so very simple and all I ever have asked. It helps others to find help and that alone is my goal - to help others find joy in their stitches. That's it! No fame, no glory - just help. 

Blessings to you this day and always,
Vonna xxxx

21 comments:

  1. Oh Vonna, I think your new fall start looks fabulous on the vintage country mocha lugana over one. Your border is lovely. Do you stitch with shorter lengths when using one strand? Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robin :) No, I stitch with the same length thread I always stitch with: 18 inches. But I probably do not stitch way down to the end of the length like I do when I am using it up faster stitching 2 over 2. I usually quit with 2-4 inches left and then get a fresh strand. HUGS and thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. Hi Vonna, This border is perfect! Thank you for your generosity. So much appreciated.
    Blessings,
    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for making this available to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vonna, you are such an inspiration and have been blessed with so much talent. Thank you for sharing your gift and for expressing the joy that God has granted you. Your stitching is gorgeous and your hints and tips have helped me many times to accomplish some very nice pieces that I gift to friends and love ones. Thank you. Sending many warm hugs and love from Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Vonna! I learn so much from you. I have a bunch of stuff to finish, and will certainly give you credit for your finishing ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing! I LOVE stitching over one. Many times I stitch one over one on 32 or 28 count. My favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing! I just love it. I had done the border from Farmhouse Christmas in different colors on mine but this is so amazing. I may have to follow your lead. Thank you so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you. Your an amazing woman, talented kind and giving. Blessings to you 🌸

    ReplyDelete
  9. Muchas gracias ☺️ es muy bonito

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely. I am going to restart mine on a larger piece of fabric so that I can add your boarder. Thank you very much, I think it will be fabulous. We all enjoy your talent, you should be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for sharing this pattern, and for sharing all your methods! You've been such an invaluable resource since the moment I found you :)
    I'm so excited to start this series in a few months with the beautiful border you've created!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing the pattern of the border. You're so talented and generous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing Vonna! I really appreciate it and will definitely give you credit! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are not asking too much for be to recognize you as their source of information. God did indeed give you many talents! Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your border will pull all the parts of this project together nicely. And thank you for sharing it, and re-doing the Early Americans frame as well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Vonna for sharing your border stitching idea. I love the way you have brought all those little details into it. I should start stitching the border while I wait for the next installment. I am learning a lot about cross stitch with your talent that you so graciously share with the world.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am saving to buy this series. I love your border and appreciate the time you took to make it available to all of us. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for sharing your talent and the pattern. It's beautiful and it's truly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you Vonna for the awesome border. I certainly appreciate all your wonderful tutorial finishes! Glad I found you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you SOOOO very much for the border pattern!!!! I truly appreaciate it!

    ReplyDelete