Monday, August 15, 2022

Ellie....

 


~ Greetings and Warm Welcome Friends - to my blog ~

Today....
I'm sharing a special little something I stitched and finished in less than 2 weeks for a very special person in my life ~ my baby, my daughter Ellie:

~ Letters from Nora - Letter E ~
Designer Nora Corbett
stitched on 32 count Water Lily by Wichelt
stitched using called for over-dyed cottons by Classic Colorworks
stitched with called for metallics by Kreinik
beaded with called for beads by Mill Hill

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

stitched, matted, framed by myself. I got the custom frame from Michaels
I always frame my pieces using museum glass and spacers to hold the glass off the piece.

Untitled

It's beautiful. 

I stitched this piece for Ellie on the occasion of her 17th Birthday, which was August 5. 
Let's take a trip down memory lane...


Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Ellie First Communion 3

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

She just started her Junior Year in High School on August 3. 
She is an incredible artist.
This year she is taking AP Drawing in school. By the end of the year she will be required to have 5 pieces all speaking to a specific theme of her own choosing. These 5 pieces will then be presented to a panel of 5 college Art Professors who will judge them. These will then be a part of her portfolio if she chooses to pursue Art School in college.

She chose her theme ~ which she hasn't chosen the title yet but it is her "theme" - something like the "redemption of man" is the working title right now. 
Here is her first work. She based this one off the bible verse ~ 
1 Peter 5:8 "Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour."

Untitled

Of course it is not done, this is what she sent me at the end of last week sharing with me her progress - she plans on doing each of the 5 pieces in a different medium to showcase her prowess across a variety of mediums. This one, of course, is graphite/charcoal.

I am so proud of all 4 of our children, Each one and unique and talented in their own ways. I am particularly proud of Ellie in the fact that she is completely self taught. Completely. She has drawn and studied art since she was a little, little girl. She read books, watched videos, has gone through countless pencils, paints, pastels, erasers, nubs, sketch books over her 17 years. And to see her bring it all together in such a way, brings tears to my eyes. 

I have one thing to say about her talent, it is God given and  to God the Glory!

She and I this summer had a personal goal: we enjoyed what we termed a "Come to Jesus" Summer. We attended Daily mass every day of the week. 
In a world that often comes at you like a lion seeking to devour you, encountering people that love to tear down, rather than build up. In a world where people fight you at every corner rather than just follow the darn rules....
We decided we needed to seek the solace that only our God and our Church can provide.
Boy was that the best thing we could have done for our souls, our psyche and our spirit. I continue to go every day, but I've lost my partner to school. 

Happy 17th Birthday Ellie! 
Mama & Daddy, Katie & Austin, Ian & Edie, Jacob, Chatty, Red and Sophie and our whole family loves you!

Until Next Time...
Be Kind.
Vonna xxxx

8 comments:

  1. Breathtaking and the finishing is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitching and finishing is great but your daughters talent is just amazing, I am in awe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Vonna, what a beautiful piece you have created for Miss Ellie! She has grown up before our eyes and is a beauty inside and out (just like her Momma). Wishing her a fabulous junior year! Go get, Ellie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The E for Ellie is absolutely gorgeous!! Your daughter is an amazing and gifted artist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stitched gift for Ellie is gorgeous. What a perfect gift of art to give your artist! She is so talented. I always enjoy seeing her work. Be sure to let us know how she fares at the end of AP Drawing. All my kids took some AP classes, but I'm not aware of AP Drawing. How cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, Vonna, that beaded E is spectacular and your
    other E is a cause for pride and the redemption of Motherly effort...
    Ellie is, indeed, super-talented, but more importantly, deeply
    contemplative and attuned to the Lord's Spirit....if that charcoal is
    any indication of her soulful range. Good work, Mother.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was wonderful that you and Ellie were able to attend Mass together daily this summer. Our children are truly blessed when we share of love of God with them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ellie's art work is unique and gorgeous. She definitely uses her God given talent. Happy birthday and wishing her the very best year ever.

    ReplyDelete