Friday, October 21, 2022

Autumn flying by....

 ~ Warm Welcome to my Blog ~

I hope each of you are well and enjoying your little slice of the world, no matter where you are. I have been...well busy. And today I'm extremely tired, but I have miles to go before I sleep :)

Here is a sweet photo of our Miss Sophie, laying on my new antique Singer Red Eye 1906 machine. It is in good working order and fabulous, it was Keith's grandmothers and I sleep under quilts made by her on this machine. It means a lot to me to have her in my care now. My Mother in Law (her daughter - gave it to me) - Thank you Bernie!

Untitled

I made the little unfinished quilt top - it is a log cabin and a pattern from Jo Morten who makes little quilts. I have so many big quilts that have been made by me and others that I decided I'll just make little quilts when I get a hankering to piece a quilt. 

We traveled to St. Meinrad, Indiana a couple of weekend's ago for the Pfeiffer Family reunion. I always love to stop at this St. Joseph roadside shrine each year. This year I snapped a photo. 

Untitled

I'm so busy finishing, I have had ZERO desire to stitch so I pulled out my paints and painted this cutie, designed by: Lynne Andrews

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled



When we were on the way to St. Meinrad, I always ask Keith to stop in Ferdinand, Indiana at a quaint little antique/junk store. I found - to the pitter patter of my little heart - a Bartholomew Company Teddy Bear Express Buckboard wagon....don't my teddies look right at home? 
Untitled
 I paid more for it than I wanted to....BUT I don't care, I have wanted one ever since the 1990's when they were quite popular. Score!

Here is a better photo of my Red Eye machine :) LOVE HER!

Untitled

During Katie's wedding I had a friend from church help me. She MORE than helped me, she basically washed every piece of china, ran the kitchen and cleaned it before the night was over so that I wouldn't have to stay afterwards and do it. Her son got married last week and I made (as a surprise for her son and soon to be DIL) and a huge thank you for helping me, 150 wedding reception cookies as "thank you" tokens for the guests for coming. 

Here they were as they were drying after icing:

Untitled

What the whole presentation looked like after putting them together:
Untitled

Assembly line packaging at 3 a.m. in the morning (for real): 

Untitled

packing them up so my friend could come get them to drive to the venue:

Untitled

My husband "testing" the wares (ha ha!):

Untitled

I took this picture of our sweet old geezer Chatty (16  years old) but in there you get to see another sweet thing my Mother In Law gave me: her childhood play ironing board that her Uncle made her. Isn't that darling? I think it looks sweet in the corner next to our kitchen cupboard desk. 

Untitled

Mr. Cat Whisperer rubbing it in that Sophie chooses to sit on HIS lap....

Untitled

Sophie watching me write my blog....she's a beautiful cat and for only being her about 6 months, she sure rules the roost and has us all wrapped around her finger! HA HA!

Untitled


Tonight is "Free Food Friday and Game night" - 
this is the invention of my husband and I - I cook downhome good food that my kids were raised on, they come visit, for a family & game night - The adult kids are tired and don't want to cook, so they come to Mom's house and we eat and laugh, make smore's on our fire pit then play games. BEST invention ever! 

Tonight we are having my Chicken Gnocchi Soup and Garlic Knots. I make everything homemade that we eat because I don't want any preservatives or things I can't pronounce in my food. 
I think the recipe has been shared here before on my blog too...if you care for them, they are on the tab above under: RECIPES

Untitled

Untitled

Well my Garlic Knot dough has doubled and its time to tie the  knots. So I got to get going. 

All my best to all of you...thank you for sharing this space with me, caring about me, my family and what I do....I am closing in on less than 15 packages for Christmas/end of year finishing. 2023 will be the year Vonna REALLY slows down on finishing for others. I'm not closing, just slowing the number down. I'm 52, I have worked hard and long hours my entire life. Keith got a new manager's job, he's making more money, our kids are mostly grown and on their own except Ellie and I think that is God's way of saying: slow down Vonna and let the manager take care of you! LOL! So I'm going to do as He suggests. 

Until next time.....
All my love to you all, 
Vonna xxxxx

6 comments:

  1. Happy Friday to you, dear Vonna! I love your idea, Free Food Friday and Game Night. That little log cabin quilt top is darling. What a beautiful machine, ironing board, and wagon! The cookies you made for your friend's son and bride are gorgeous and I bet were greatly appreciated. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the cutest little teddy wagon! I love the Free Food Friday idea. Thanks for the fun blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. Hope you get your wish for 2023.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post.
    You have been a very busy lady, we all slow down at some time in our lives to do the things we love to do. Enjoy life and your weekend hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post. You amaze me with all you do each and every day. I get tired just reading your posts. LOL Of course I'm almost 76 so I guess I'm not expected to do as much as you. Love looking at pictures of your house and all the family pieces you have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet of you to make cookies for your friend's son's wedding. Congratulations on finally finding the teddy bear wagon. Sometime you have to look beyond the price.

    ReplyDelete