Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Wednesday Rambles....

 ~ Hello and Warm Welcome to my Blog ~

I'm stalling people....
I don't want to go up and work. These are the days and weeks of the year where my cup runneth a little dry. I've chased myself all year finishing and after a plethora of finishing, with little time to myself to do what I want to do for me creatively...well I'm just dry, parched, a dessert. 'Tis the season for lots of begging, wailing and gnashing of teeth for those that want finishing to be done before they ever contact me...I don't have elves that come out and help me at night and there is only so much I can do. I'm not magical, not a magician, and although we have two beautiful rabbits - Cinder and Mocha - they don't like to be pulled out of my hat. 😆 For someone who genuinely tries - with all their might to please every single person (even though some might think I do not try hard enough) believe me, I do and it can be mentally exhausting. BUT good news is: I am nearing the end of my finishing for the year and I will survive...I always do :)

One month ago...
I woke up and couldn't walk. Legit, could not walk. It was my right leg/knee. After hobbling around in pain unable to bend or put any weight on my right leg. I finally got in to an orthopedist. Come to find out: I have bad osteoarthritis. Really not shocking, I guess. I am 52, both of my grandmothers suffered from it in their knees and hips so hello arthritis! Turns out I've apparently had it for years, I just had a bad flare, that will not go away. Xray and MRI shows: severe bone spurs behind my knee caps as well. Awesome! I actually know my orthopedist, he is a member of our church and he is genuinely kind and extremely good at what he does. He put me on Mobic and I am much better after 3 weeks. Today I saw him for a follow-up. I am to stay on Mobic for one more month, then go off of it to see what happens. If I can manage without it, then fine. If I need to go back on it, I fill my prescription and go until I have pain again and then we will go from there with shots/knee replacement. He told me I'm young and active (I mean I walk/ do elliptical every day) that I MUST keep doing that to keep my arthritis at bay as best I can. He told me I will be looking at knee replacements in the future, but hold off as long as I can tolerate. Hello old age. Boo! I feel honestly like I'm much younger than 52 and this knee thing has me walking like I'm 90 - honestly I'm scared I'm going to hurt it. 

How would you like to see what's been going on creatively,  here's what I've been up to the last few days....

Katie had made this antique window for her wedding venue as a welcome sign....
she purchased a large print of her and Austin and we framed it behind the window for her memory wall at home: 
Untitled
Didn't that turn out fantastic?!

You all know I've taken up painting....
well I really do enjoy it, but I didn't have a good system for paint storage so that I could see the colors I had. So I had a brilliant (to my mind) idea in the middle of the night for paint storage. I bought floating shelves (typically used for picture frames) and Keith hung them to store my entire set of Americana Acrylics. SNAZZY!
Untitled
Decorative Painters would call me a "Bottle Baby" yes I know I could mix colors, but if it calls for a color I just want to pull the bottle and use it. I don't like mixing and then I can't replicate it if I walk away. Having the colors are easier for me. (and I'm not the only bottle baby around....that's why they have all the colors available!)

I have - for 20+ years.....
wanted a Willow Tree Nativity set. My Sister in Law has one - got it for a wedding gift 20 years ago - and I fell in love with hers. I have yearned for one ever since. I collect Nativities myself and this month I took on some extra work. I did said work after "hours" on my "off" time. I took what I earned and did something for me for once. I put it toward this Nativity and bought it when I had: a $45 coupon (I am a Gold Crown Member and it isn't hard to gather points by purchasing cards/ornaments during extra points days) - well anyway I earned enough points that I could cash in enough for $45 off and then I had a 20% off coupon total purchase - well let me tell you that helped tremendously on this set because I don't care who you are Willow Tree sets are expensive. 

Untitled

I'm going to leave my set out all year long on my Great Grandmother's bureau that I was given. This sits right outside our bedroom and I walk past it several times a day going to the bathroom as my studio is right behind this wall it sits on. 
Untitled
I do so love it....
(that's an antique copper boiler/wash tub from my Great, great Aunt Kate - she cared for me my first year of life and she called me: "Aunt Kate's Dolly")

Do you see the little ninja?
climbing my chairs....
Untitled

ripping my paper towels....
Untitled

acting innocent.....
Untitled

always hungry....
Untitled
She's the reason I can't have anything nice around here (ha ha ha!) 
Sophie the little princess! I have never had a female cat in my entire life - I have owned a lot of cats, all Toms. I know now I will never be without a female again - she is a doodle and I love her! (even though I'm not her Mommy - Ellie is her Mommy - I am her Granny)

Let me leave you with some finishing I've done in the last couple of weeks....
still no stitching here....I tell you people, I'm dry...parched...when it comes to stitching!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled


Untitled

Untitled

Untitled 
  Untitled

Untitled

Untitled


A shot of another grand-kitty, this is Katie and Austin's Charlie....isn't he gorgeous?! 
Those Eyes!
Untitled

And here is one of my old geezer's Red - who just turned 13
he loves his Mommy, sleeps with her just like this every night.
Untitled


And there you go peeps! 
I hope you have a fantastic day....
here I am channeling my inner Linda from Bob's Burgers

Untitled

Until Next Time....
SMILE BIG!
Love in stitches, 
Vonna xxxx

PS: YES! I do plan on doing the days of Christmas again - people have been asking :) Yes I plan on doing!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful finishes for your clients, Vonna! Glad you were able to get the floating shelves for your paints. If I painted, I would be a bottle baby as well. I am sorry about your knee. Praying the meds continue to help so you are able to continue to walk and/or do the elliptical. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a newbie to xstitch your finishing is breath taking. I have a lot to learn. It's been fun and in a years time have more charts than I can do in my lifetime. Something new always catches my eye. I like that stitching is portable so I always have a project with me. Please keep blogging about your life and stitching as us in their senior years don't do FB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your finishing work is getting close to finish for the year. All of your finishes are beautiful and made with love. I'm blessed you have done some lovely ones for me and I treasure them always.
    Sorry you are having knee pain. Hopefully you get some relief with the medicine. Good old arthritis !
    I love your Willow Tree Nativity Set and how sweet you can enjoy it year round on your great-grandmothers bureau.
    Happy Autumn ! I'm happy you will be sharing your Christmas days again; it's always such fun.
    Take care dear friend !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always a pleasure to visit with you and she what is going on with you and the family. Sending good thoughts that you feel less pain.

    ReplyDelete