Thursday, September 29, 2022

Fall is in the air....

 ~ Greetings and Warm Welcome to my blog ~

Fall is here...
and that means so is my finishing business deadlines and the rush to get everyone's Christmas pieces back to them. I also put a mental deadline on myself - I typically want everything out of here and back to my clients by at the latest Thanksgiving, but mentally I really want everything back by November 1st. Happily, I have been REALLY WORKING HARD trying to get people's work done and back to them in a timely manner. 99% of my clients are a piece of cake to work with....but there is that 1%. I just finished my 65th customer order for this year and my 350th piece of the year...that's a whole lotta finishing. 

Let me share with you some of my finishing of late: 

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled


Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

That's a selection of what I've done over the last month - not even all of it! I feel like a machine! 
HA HA!

When I finish this amount of work...
I really don't feel much like stitching myself. BUT I have gotten a couple of pieces stitched up:

Lila's Studio "Noel en Bleu" on 14 ct. perforated paper - next to my phone for size 

and also:



Little House Needleworks "Autumn ABC's"

I plan a couple of learning finishing tutorials for the finishing on both of these pieces - when I get a chance. I'll let you know of course when they are available for interested people out there.

My Feature Column in Punch Needle and Primitive Stitcher Magazine for Autumn is this sweetie:

I called it a "lollipop" finish and it features a Halloween piece by Prairie Schooler. If you'd like to learn how I made mine then either subscribe to Punch Needle and Primitive Stitcher or pick up a magazine at a local bookstore. You can subscribe and learn about subscription benefits HERE

Finishing a lot means I have to clean my Lair a lot....
here is after her weekly clean last week:



Can I just say finishing upstairs with those windows is like HEAVEN compared to my 16 years in an unfinished basement!

My family has also enjoyed some "Free Food Fridays" together - 
that means my adult kids that have moved out all come home on Fridays for supper and then some stay over for game time. This was on our patio after we ate smores until we got sick 😂


If you have made it this far....I do so hope you found some stitching inspiration!

~ Until the next time ~
All my love, 
Vonna xxxx






12 comments:

  1. These are beautiful finishes and I definitely found some stitching inspiration! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your finishing is exquisite, so much talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing amount of work you can accomplish. I'm always amazed. All are beautiful too. I especially love that button used as the center of the bow, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful finishes Vonna! I'm going to investigate a couple of those patterns -- your finishes are inspiring! It's wonderful when the kids come home and you get to spend time with them. Enjoy every minute of this beautiful Fall season!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your pieces are beautiful. I can't imagine how long it took you to complete all of them. I would love a tutorial for finishing the Fall ABCs. Thanks again for sharing your wonderful talent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vonna, each one of the featured finishes is incredible. Well done! So much inspiration! Free Food Friday sounds great. Hope you have a wonderful last Friday in September and may your October be filled with joy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your finishing projects! You are truly talented! Thank you for sharing your work with us. It is inspiring and makes me want to get busy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow....I can't imagine finishing that many pieces in a lifetime, let alone a month. Yikes. Looking forward to your idea for the Autumn ABC's. Happy Weekend Vonna! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful finishes as always. Everyone who receives your work loves each and every finishing stitch. You create treasures and have a special gift. Lovely work !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just finished my Fall on the Farm and added your lovely outer border and posted it on LHNW on fb. Thank you for sharing this. These new finishes of yours are great and I really want to do the Autumn ABC's now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful finishes, Vonna! You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All your finishes are beautiful. I would be proud to have any of them on display in my home.

    ReplyDelete