Friday, February 02, 2024

I had to share….my BIG finish!

~ PRESENTING ~

 “Santa of the Forest”
By: Lavender and Lace, Marilyn Levitt Imblum 
~ 50,000 stitches 
Measuring 15 x 18 inches
On 18 count natural raw linen
2/2 DMC and Kreinik 002HL








I am so proud! I have ordered the frame and a triple mat:

I wanted rich, classic and clean.
Everything should be here by February 15. Exciting!
Thank you for sharing my joy in this epic finish!

My next Santa project? 
From Treasures in Needlework Magazine  ~ Summer 1992 
“Santa’s List” 


This photo is a picture of my friend’s finish - Cathy Lundgren
Isn’t it beautiful?! 

~ to be started soon ~ 

Until Next Time…
Live in stitches, 
Vonna xxxx






16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! What a labor of love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vonna, Santa of the Forest is simply stunning. Well done, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is quite something! You did a wonderful job on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love him, he is stunning !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an accomplishment! It is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The stitching is beautiful, but with the frame and mats you chose, he is going to be MAGNIFICENT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. he is awesome!!! big kudos to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous finish ! It is a true masterpiece and I look forward to the framed finish. Your stitching is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, wow...and more WOW! Absolutely amazing Vonna.... I can't decide which "critter" I love the best.... Each is as sweet as the next. You should be so incredibly proud of this huge accomplishment. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did it! And WOW! Love the mat and frame choices--they just emphasize your beautiful work. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful , I love him .

    ReplyDelete
  13. He sure is a beauty, Vonna! Congratulations! The frame and mats really are perfect, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty, and it will be stunning in the frame.

    ReplyDelete