Wednesday, February 22, 2023

2/22/23 - Ash Wednesday

 


Remember man, you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Help me to remember, Lord, I am given only a finite number of days on this earth. Help me to turn away from my sins and do penance, so that renewed I may continue my walk with you. 

Lord Jesus Christ, son of God, have mercy on me a sinner. ✝️


Once again, I am stitching Jesus by Vervaco during Lent. I last stitched him in 2019 also during Lent and had him only a short time on my wall before I gave him to Austin to commemorate his entry into the Catholic Church after his year long study, Baptism, Confirmation and full Communion, which I was proud to witness as his Rite of Christian Initiation sponsor. That finish is in the photos in my left top sidebar of this blog.


He is being stitched on: 14 ct. Ivory Aida, DMC 2/1

6 comments:

  1. When I saw your completed Jesus, I rushed to get the chart and, alas,
    had not had the courage to do it....However, your doing it on 14 ct. aida
    is not so challenging as linen and I just may spend Lent with you in the
    studio..... You are a marvel....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Scripture Vonna, nice start on Jesus.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treasure you are working on, Vonna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning piece, Vonna. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete