Monday, January 09, 2023

January Nine and feeling Fine...

 ~ Greetings and Warm Welcome Friends ~
to my blog!

January 9...
the hubbub of the holidays are gone, went like a whirlwind, like it always does. I always savor the Christmas Holidays because of the fact that we can stay home, snuggle in and just: RELAX. I love that!

So last Tuesday, 
everyone went back to work, including me. I finish for The Shepherd's Needle - their shop models - Ann always chooses such lovely, creative finishes for her models. She tells me what she wants and I get down to the finishing. I'll let the pictures do the talking.....

Untitled

Untitled 
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Lovely, lovely stitching to create lovely finishes. 

I continued on with my 12 Days of Christmas Stitching, personal challenge...

The Prairie Schooler Angel's piece
stitching on 32 ct. black linen 2/2 DMC
I have Charted: Gloria in Excelsis Deo and it will be centered under the 3 angels.

Untitled

32 ct. Twilight Blue Wichelt 2/2 DMC:
Untitled

28 ct. White 2/2 DMC, this is from the 1991 Cross Stitch Christmas magazine (Better Homes and Gardens) I have long loved this and had it marked 2023 the year!

Untitled

My own stocking, on 20 ct. linen 1/2 5 pearl cotton DMC/WEEKS/Classic Colorworks:
Untitled


With the 12 Days projects all started, I began my rotating through my WIPS. I started with Lavender and Lace - Marilyn Leavitt Imblum's Santa of the Forest. 
Stitched on 28 ct. 2/2 Natural Linen 
I started this the last week in July. Here was after 1 week of work: 

Untitled

Then a few days more:
Untitled

Untitled

By this time (the end of August) Working was getting CRAZY and I lost my mind and my stitching mojo. SO I did one more day and didn't stitch again until November:

Untitled


Yesterday I picked him back up and managed quite a bit of progress: 
January 8, 2023:

Untitled

I'll stitch on him maybe all this week, and then choose my next project. 


We got to meet Ian's new girlfriend: Kamdyn:

Untitled

She's very nice and fits right in!

Then my Ellie and Jake went to see Puss in Boots at the theaters 2 times over the holidays and then Ellie dressed our little Puss as Puss in Boots (ha ha ha!):

Untitled

That pretty much sums up my life since our last visit. I was beginning to feel a little overwhelmed today thinking about all the work I need to do, keep on track with my gentle stretching and walking exercises daily, my diet, my religious education class I lead.......focusing on me more and work (and everyone else less) that's extremely hard for me. Scheduling, I must remember to always schedule enough time for me into each day. That's a new and novel experience, that's easily forgotten or over thrown for more and more....LESS...I need to remember LESS is good! LOL!

Now I have just enough time on my "lunch hour" to go for my daily walk. 

May you find joy in  your stitches!
LOTS OF LOVE, 
Vonna xxxx

7 comments:

  1. You have one of the fullest lives of anyone I know. Beautiful finishes...and WIPs as well. I especially love those spool finishes. If I ever have enough attention span to stitch something like that, I know who I am asking to finish it LOL. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woooowwwww!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice stitching you have been working on.
    Love the Santa .
    Finding time just for me is so important , in my busy life .
    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Puss makes me giggle in his finery, Vonna. You have made incredible progress on your Santa piece and happy to see your stocking started. What beautiful pieces you have finished for The Shepherd's Needle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful finished and stitching as well. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful finishes and of course your stitching is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to Ellie! She is quite a focused young woman. Beautiful stitching and finishing as always, Vonna. .

    ReplyDelete