Sunday, November 05, 2017

Warm Hearts....

~ Greetings and Warm Welcome to my stitching friends ~
I hope this quick post finds you well!

I'm sure you know (or recognize) that my stitching time all year long has been very limited....but after seeing the sneak peek of the 2017 Just Cross Stitch Magazine Ornament Issue, I knew there was a particular ornament that I wanted to stitch post haste.

Well it wasn't "post haste" but I did it as fast as I could and I finished the ornament that has been rolling around in my head since I first spied with my little eye the design on the cover of the issue.

And it turned out just great....just like I wanted it to look in my head. Without further ado:

"Warm Hearts, Warm Hands"
by: The Little Stitcher
Found in the 2017 Just Cross Stitch Ornament Issue
The Little Stitcher_Warm Hands, Warm Heart

I stitched it using the called for DMC colors... 
and I made a wool "coin" for my signature that I added like a "button" to the back.

The Little Stitcher_Warm Hands, Warm Heart_back detail

Pleased with the outcome....doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about how this turned out...
It is exactly what I had in mind, a little prim, a little country and a whole lot darling with it's wool accents, homespun and yo-yo adornment with rusty jingles as accents. 
Yep, perfect.

Until next time...
I'll be treating my neighbor with kindness...
sharing, because that shows caring...
being considerate of others feelings...
thank God for my many blessings...
and finishing LOTS more things :)

Love and Hugs in Stitches, 
Vonna xxxx

42 comments:

  1. Oh my! What a cutie you created with your needle and thread! Now, I must add this to my list for 2018. Enjoy your week, Vonna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your finishings are exquisite I just love looking at your work. I found your you tube videos last night and wanted to binge watch after subscribing. Thank you for sharing and teaching!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Over the top perfection.....from the queen of perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Vonna, what can I say except, fabulous, clever, beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable with a capital "A"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nicely done. The finish is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that’s what I call “Vonnafied”!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The mitten came out cute Vonna. Can I have your mailing address? Cindy_derosa@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful finish Vonna!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We agree! That is the perfect finish for a pretty little design.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vonna: It is lovely, what a beautiful finish.
    Its wonderful how our brains work and then we can create with our hands.

    Happy Thanksgiving
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just gorgeous! Love your finishing idea :o) Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is beyond gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this finish !! The simple design was turned into a gorgeous mitten finish. The fabric is so pretty and I love how you added your coin signature on the back.
    This ornament will make a wonderful addition to your tree this year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sweet, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this one Vonna. I made the little penguin in a snow globe( the frosted pumpkin design) from that issue for my grandson and now I want one for me. :) But then, I love yours as well so I might have to stitch it up too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG. I'm speechless. Your mitten is so so cute. I would've never thought of something like that. I wish i could make one myself. Well done Vonna! I'm not only envious...i'm jelous on this one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another beautiful Vonna creation. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So so so darling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so sweet! Love it and all your finishes! You're so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  21. it is a whole lot of wonderful Vonna ! I just love it - I just picked up the ornament issue and almost didn't even recognize the Little Stitcher mittens because yours was so A-dorable and the model was rather plain in comparison. Hope you enjoy using it on your tree this year - Have a great week ! Mel

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beyond delicious...
    Busy Hands...Happy Heart
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  23. Vonna that is absolutely adorable. you are amazing and I can't wait to see it displayed on your tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are soo creative! It is beautiful and will look lovely on your tree.

    ReplyDelete
  25. So beautiful and festive. Not surprised at that coming from you though. Happy stitchy times to you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Perfect!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What vision Vonna ... this is the perfect finish. Rj@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  28. Vonna, the little mitten finish is adorable!!! I'm looking forward to seeing your tree. Mary@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  29. That is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Just so darn cute!! I am so glad it turned out even better than you envisioned, Vonna :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. So very very cute!! You definitely have creative genes,plus the sharing gene of course!! For which I am very glad! Thanks, as always, for the inspiring shots! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh Vonna, it is just so cute ! I love it !

    ReplyDelete
  33. This finish is absolutely darling! what a adorable ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I may of finished one of these designs for a gift BUT .... yours is just OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! How do you come up with these beauties! Such a creative mind. Thank you for all of your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Vonna, this is so wonderful! Thank you so much for always sharing your creativity with us. We're so lucky that you are so creative and have an educators heart! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  36. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Clever and cute! Like you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Just perfect! You have such good ideas for finishing. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher