Monday, September 25, 2017

My Patriotic Room...

~ Greetings and Warm Wishes ~
to all my wonderful stitching friends and buddies!
I hope this finds you all well!

I have been promising some of you...
a tour of my Patriotic Room.
So I thought I'd do a little post on it today.

Our Patriotic Room is the front room of our home. On our house plans it was to be a formal dining room, I'm not formal and with the family the size of ours, it is nice to have a room where you can house the computers, a homework desk, keep the important papers, etc. So we wired the room to be our computer/office/quiet room.

Here's a video...just click on it :)

Patriotic Room


Here is how I have tipped my hat to my great country in said room:
Patriotic Room

Little House Needleworks ~ Classic Colorworks Thread Packs
"Land of the Free"
"Long May She Wave"
"Home of the Brave"
PATRIOTIC ROOM

a corner cabinet, featuring:

The Patriotic Cat satue by Jim Shore
Patriotic Room 4

and...

With Thy Needle and Threads Limited Edition Kit ~ "Flag Day in the Potting Shed"
WTNT_Flag Day at the Potting Shed


Blackbird Designs ~ "Hats off to Uncle Sam"
BBD Hats off inside



Blackbird Designs ~ "In Full Glory"Blackbird Designs In Full Glory

Notforgotten Farm ~ "Flagmaker"
NFF_Flagmaker for Finishing School



Little House Needleworks and Classic Colorworks Silk Thread Packs ~ "From Sea to Shining Sea"
LHN Sea to Shining Sea



~My Antique Pie Safe~
Patriotic Room 3

Plum Street Samplers ~ "Betsy's Tart"
Plum Street Samplers - Betsy's tart

Little House Needleworks ~ "Old Glory"
Little House Needleworks_Old Glory_Ditty Bag filled and hung


Little House Needleworks ~ "Freedom"
Little House Needleworks_Freedom_door hanger





Bent Creek Snapper ~ "Celebrate Freedom" 
gifted to me by my dear friend Marie of Creative Thread many moons ago...
and the little bear is wearing pilot clothing and signifies a project that my husband worked on for many years, writing software for the EA-18G naval plane.
Patriotic Room Bent Creek Snapper Celebrate Freedom


My beautiful room...
and the love of my country...only eclipsed by my love for my family and creator.

AND....
I have SO many more pieces on deck to stitch and put inside these four walls. CAN'T WAIT to make it even MORE patriotic and MORE beautiful! Wonderful designs by: Lila's Studio, The Scarlett House, Plum Street Samplers, Little House Needleworks, Country Cottage Needleworks...
THANK YOU! to so many designers that put out gorgeous designs to inspire and fuel my patriotism!


If you are an American, stop today and reflect on all the many, many freedoms we enjoy because of what our flag represents: 50 UNITED states and those freedoms that were won for us by the blood and sacrifice of our fellow countrymen.

BE the change...
Love your neighbor as yourself...
Kindness matters...
You never know what someone is carrying, share the load by sharing a smile...
and may God continue to bless me...
my family...
my country and 
my friends....

Hugs in Stitches, 
Vonna xxxx

32 comments:

  1. I love your room, Vonna. Just beautiful and your words are awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed seeing your room. Thanks for showing it to us. I love to see what others do with their cross stitch pieces. I must get some of my projects finished. Your work is just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your patriotic room is fabulous. Vonna, your words are always inspiring and thought provoking. Thank you for sharing from your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a warm, inviting room! Love your pie safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vonna, Love all the beautiful patriotic needlework in your room. Thank you for sharing all your pictures! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Incredible room< Vonna ...and incredibly beautiful stitched pieces...brought tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome tour of your patriotic room Vonna. Such talent and creativity is amazing. I know your Early Americans will be wonderful displayed in there one day. Hope you have a great week - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you have done this room. It is filled with such beautiful and patriotic stitching. Your wonderful attitude is just what I needed to hear today!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your room is absolutely beautiful! And all the patriotic pieces make is so special. What a great way to decorate.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice...I love all the patriotic stitches!! They make such an impact when they are displayed together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Vonna, very beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty!! You have inspired me to do something special with my very own "too small dining room/study/home office". Your personality really shines through in your room. Thanks for the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely - every bit of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done! Your words are words to live by for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it Vonna!! Thanks for inviting us into your home! It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh that was fun! Just like being there! I have so many of those designs, languishing in my stash! But all I need to do is come to your blog and see this... should inspire me! We shall see! Thanks, as always, for sharing with us! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your patriotic pieces--and your decorating looks wonderful (I may have to incorporate some of your ideas, please) thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I too enjoy patriotic pieces. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Words fail me... your room is amazing! I love it! After seeing all those pieces as you stitched and finished them it is absolutely wonderful to see them all displayed together :o)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow that's a beautiful room! I like the idea that it will inspire you to stitch the other patriotic designs in your stash, to add to your room. I wish we were as patriotic in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your room is gorgeous! I haven't stitched a patriotic piece in a long time. Your stitching is so inspirational & the way you have them displayed is just lovely...thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. A beautiful room ... even for a non-American. I could happily spend some quiet time in there.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just seeing this today. It is awesome!!!! So now you have enabled me to redecorate a whole room!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Each finish makes me want to stand up and salute--love them all so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a wonderful room Vonna! So very you - red, white and true blue! My mom is most envious she loves to decorate with red, white and blue patriotic themed items.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great theme for a room - love all your stitched pieces and the other patriotic items too.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh Vonna, I love your patriotic front room. Your work is amazing and you have such an eye for decorating. Thank you for sharing your lovely room and all of your work. May God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your patriotic room is stunning! I especially love the diversity of your finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  29. A beautiful room, Vonna. Always a joy seeing your lovely stitching and finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a beautiful room!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher