Saturday, April 22, 2017

Catch Up!...

~ Greetings and Warm Welcome ~
to all my stitching friends!
I hope that this finds each of you well, happy and enjoying life

I have been busy since we last met!

The retreat went well...
teaching 4 classes that took a little longer than what I expected, but feedback has been very positive and I'm proud to say all 72 students left my classes with  completely finished pieces to take home with them. I didn't want them to have partially finished pieces, I made the commitment that I was going to teach, help and do as much as I could to ensure that each student left with a finished piece!
I'm proud to say they did!

Here's some random shots from retreat...


peeps3

peeps

peeps 4

me

peeps 2

peeps 1

my display

mouths wide open

Good shot of me...in my normal life pose ~ My Big Mouth WIDE open :)

It was a great time! There IS going to be another retreat same time next year...stay tuned!

On to my stitching....

I have had a really great time stitching on "Let Freedom Ring Sampler"
by Lila's Studio
(information on what I'm stitching it on, with what threads, and more at TAB above)
Here is where it stands today:
LFRS April

I also finished the next in the Hands on Design 12 Days Ornaments...
"HENS"...

Untitled 


Betsy Ross....
from Little House Needleworks new series "Early Americans" 
 done!
(information on my Early American SAMPLER ~ as I am doing it all on one piece and have created a border. Can be found at TAB above)
LHN Betsy Ross April 17

I also started something else new...
thanks to Michele of the blog "Striped Rose" fame...of which I followed devotedly for years...and now Michele is now doing FlossTube Videos at her Channel of the same name HERE

Michele has a FANTASTIC finish of Carriage House Samplings "As Life Wears Away Sampler" 
here is a still shot of her explaining it on her FlossTube Episode

Untitled

Isn't that FANTASTIC?! 
I stopped the video right then and there...
I knew this sampler, and had never been intrigued until I saw Michele's version. I was gobsmacked right in the choppers. Stopped the video and ordered it smack dab, right there. 
It came...and here is where mine stands as of today:


CHS As Life Wears Away

I'm stitching mine in DMC on 32 count pearled barley from Lakeside
I am so in love with this sampler. SO in love! 
Thanks to FlossTube and all the people sharing their love of cross stitch. 

So that's all the cross stitching...now let's talk family! 

We have been:

Celebrating Easter!
Untitled



Inducted into the National Honor Society
because we carry a 4.2 gpa (Jake) and a 3.9 gpa (Ian)
Untitled


Running Races... 
Track 4-17-17

Winning races!!!....
Jake WINS 4-17-17


A member of the IUPUI's Society of Women Engineer's all female Go-Cart Racing Team and have competed at Purdue University's Grand Prix!!! 
katie go cart

Making Cookies...
and eating cookies :)
Untitled

 Celebrating 21 years of being married to a real SWEET gal :)
20170421_122624


EAGLE watching! 
Untitled

and winning Scholarships 
(she's up to $12K worth of scholarships for next year!)
Untitled

WHEW!
Are ya still with me?! I'm barely still with myself! 

If you made it all the way down here...
Thank you, my friends! 
I've been finishing like a real banshee...but you can catch a gander of them in my FLICKR album located in the TAB above under My Finishing Service. I have finished 175 items since January 9, 2017 after reopening after the holidays. Yep, I'm busy. Yep, I'm blessed!

~All the Honor and ALL the glory goes to God who sustains me and mine~

Until next time...
Smile real big...
be a friend to all you meet...
be kind...
be humble...
think before you speak...
you don't know what others are going through....don't judge!

Love and hugs in stitches, 
Vonna xxxx

36 comments:

  1. Vonna, what a fabulous catch up post. Congratulations to your kids on their endeavors! Way to go on teaching 4 classes at the retreat and having everyone finish their projects. Your projects are looking fabulous. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed getting caught up with you dear. I am most intrigued by your Carriage House Samplings sampler. THAT is a beauty!! Way to go kiddos!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh Vonna, do your feet ever touch the ground??? Your teaching class looked great fun, and for everyone to go home with a finish, that is dedication. Your kids are all doing so well too, congrats to them all. Have been following your As Life Wears Away Sampler on Instagram, looking so pretty! Have a great weekend whatever you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, you have been super busy. Your projects are all so lovely. Thank you for the catch up, missed seeing your posts. :) Blessings always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great catch up post, Vonna! You've been incredibly busy with all sorts of things lately - thanks for sharing a bit of yourself with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You leave me in pure amazement at what all you do. Look forward to hearing from you either here or with a video.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful catch up post, Vonna. Your stitching projects look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for catching us blogger fans up on life at your busy house. Really enjoyed looking at all the finished too. Amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you have been one busy woman. Congrats on your class. Beautiful stitching as always. Congrats to all of brilliant family. WTG! Awesome achievements! I include many of those same words in my daily prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Random comments. In the bottom photo, I love Katie's shoes. In the cookie photo, I recognized the Nancy Noel print. I definitely recognize the Oak room at McCormicks Creek. Glad all has been going well for you and the family. NOw I need to look for the sampler and debate do I have enough time for another project - currently there are a minimum of 9 projects going, with 7 of them being large projects. Heaven knows how much stash as well.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations to all of you on your successes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations to all of you x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sure your students were pleased. It appears you're as busy as ever. Happy Sunday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pictures of the Retreat and lovely pictures of your talented family.
    Thank you for pointing me in the direction of Michele's flosstube videos,I have enjoyed them a lot.
    Your CHS sampler is looking fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the fabulous update. You constantly amaze me. Praises to Him!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great to catch up with you Vonna - looks like great things are happening in all parts of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You and your family have been very busy! I always enjoy your posts. As a student, I'm always SO happy to leave a class with a finish or something very close. It really does make it all worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This was a wonderful post Vonna. You must be so proud of your great kids and all their accomplishments. Your retreat looked fabulous and had a lot of happy women. You have been so busy...please send some of that energy down to Florida. Congratulations on your 21 years of marriage! Enjoy the rest of Spring. RJ

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely post! Love the retreat pix and the family photos..your kids are as amazing as you are! And I'm further endeared to you because you give the glory to God! You are a wonderful inspiration, Vonna.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun post. Super photos of the workshop and good for you for being a great teacher(they went home with finished projects). Congratulations to your children for their many wonderful achievements. You must be one very proud mom! Plus good for you guys with those many years of being married. We hit 38 this year.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness Vonna: What a sweet post.
    I am so happy you had a wonderful time teaching at Retreat.
    Your Family photos are adorable.
    Congratulations on 21 years of Marriage.
    Congratulations to your Children, what an accomplishment.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great post, lots to catch up on. The retreat looked amazing, so much fun for all involved. I love seeing your stitching projects, all are beautiful. Happy Anniversary to you and Keith. I always enjoy the updates on your kids too. Never a dull moment at your home.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you for sharing. Such a fun enjoyable and entertaining post

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this update. It's so fun to see what your family is doing, plus your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh the retreat looks like SO much fun! Eagles! It is amazing what is out there, if you just take the time to look. Congrats on all the many awards and honors - you should be one proud mama.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The retreat looks like so much fun. I am exhausted just reading about your life. Wish I had your energy, Your stitching is amazing. Love each one of your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's always fun to catch up with you, Vonna--both with your stitching and your busy, talented family :) Looks like you all had a lot of laughs at the retreat--I'm sure your students could hardly wait to meet you in person. Your smile and energy are enough to inspire anyone!

    Love each and every one of your stitching projects... And a big congrats to each of your kids on their may achievements. You must be so proud :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Dear Vonna,

    It is such an honor to be able to - finally - write to you. I just started watching your must recent Flosstube video, and I must say that I am waay jealous :) Some years ago I had the opportunity of going to Chile, and yes, lapizlazuli is a precious stone only found there and in Afghanistan. I just fell in love with it and, being also a devout Catholic, I can't help but marvel at such an invaluable present you were given. I would also be crying my eyes out if I were you :)
    Thank you for being such a friend and encouragement; not only when it comes to stitching, but also when it comes to living and sharing our wonderful faith, in this many times discouraging world. You are definitely 'light and salt' to all of us. God bless you, and I always look forward to hearing from you!
    Hugs,

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Vonna, You are one busy lady you have a lovely family you must be so proud. Your students all look relaxed and happy I am sure you have been a super teacher I would have loved to go to a group like this, well done. Your projects are also looking good I think you deserve a rest now. xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. So happy that your retreat went well and that your kiddos and husband are well. Praising the Lord with you for his blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. The retreat looks like it was so much fun! So sweet of you to work so hard for the ladies who came. Gorgeous stitching too, as usual! :D

    ReplyDelete
  32. You must be proud as punch at the wonderful achievements of your children, what a wonderful, talented family and congratulations on many years of wedded bliss! Mary

    Gorgeous stitching and I want to know more about the retreat, that would be so much fun to attend.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Enjoyed reading your catch-up post. I'm glad the retreat went well.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wonderful post. I watched your recent Flosstube video a couple of days ago. Oh such fun. Congratulations on your anniversary. Many congratulations to all of the Pfeiffer clan too. Take care and I hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  35. You and your family -- multi-talented! So great to catch up wth you!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I need a nap...you wore me out V! Those kiddos are amazing, and so darn cute, I can't help but feel your pride in every word...you are so very blessed. I can't believe how grown up they look, all of a sudden, especially Miss Ellie!
    Your class looks awesome, and I'm so happy that it went so well, sad that I never could make it, but next time :)
    You look fab, I am so proud of you...beauty and brains. <3
    Your stitching and finishing is gorgeous, as always.
    Cookie please? LOL
    Hugs kid

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher