Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Details, details, details....

~ Greetings and Warm Welcome ~ 
to all my stitching friends

Details...
I've got so much going on basically 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
some days are more full than others but Spring-time...
HOLY SMOKES!

What is making this spring particularly stressful is...
I'm teaching 4 classes next week to roughly 70 ladies at a retreat that I was honored to be asked to headline. There was such a huge response to the retreat that what started out expected to be a group of 30, soon more than doubled. How excited I am to be meeting people from all over the country that is coming to visit with me and other like minded individuals, learning, sharing and stitching our little fingers off!

But along with the excitement also comes a lot of work for me...
Making over 70 finishing kits:
that means cutting 120 mat board pieces for flatfolds,
72 mat board pieces for ornaments,
I bought DMC out of house and home so we could learn how to make our own bi-color cording, miles of ribbon has been cut,
lots of charms purchased,
I got a gallon of glue ready (literally),
 yards of batting and beautiful finishing fabrics ready to be cut up,
  dozens of paint brushes ready,
 and...
more good stuff has been purchased for me to fill the finishing kits.

Now the only thing left is:
cut up the finishing materials into the swatches needed, cut up the batting pieces and pack everything into ziplock bags. Then I am going to make some prizes for my class attendees to have a chance to win. And of course keep up with my clients for my finishing business and take care of house and home.
No problem!...
ha. ha. ha.
But the Good Lord gave me a strong constitution so as in all things, I will get 'er done.

I just wanted to share with you my excitement and productivity this fine Spring Day, while I'm taking a break from all the hustle and bustle I've been doing around here. 

Would you like to see my models for my Finishing School classes?

~ Embellished Flatfold Class ~
Design: The Flagmaker
Designer: Notforgotten Farm
*The design is a free offering and may be found: HERE 
NFF_Flagmaker for Finishing School

~ a close up to spy, with your little eye the details...my favorite detail - Betsy's needle in her hand...thought about putting the needle in her hand since I saw the pattern last summer!

NFF_Flagmaker DETAILS


~ Flat Ornament Class ~
Design: Happy Hearts
Designer: Little House Needleworks
*This is a complimentary design that is available: HERE 

LHN Happy Hearts - Finishing School Finish 2017

So there you go my friends...
up to date with me!

Until next time...
I'll definitely be keeping my hands to work...
and always my heart to God.

Love and hugs in stitches, 
Vonna xxxx

30 comments:

  1. I wish you the very best of luck at the retreat- I'm sure you'll go down a storm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you can pull it off, your prep sounds astounding! Wish I could be there too to take a class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, just reading about all you have been doing and have yet to do makes me feel tired! lol! But you will get it all done and it will be wonderful, I have no doubt. I am bummed I won't be there, but hopefully next year if your LNS decides to do this again. Your ornament and flat fold are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know for a fact you will do fantastic. Enjoy! Just love your finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your class sounds like a lot of work, but I can imagine how excited all of the participants are to meet you, Vonna. Your projects are delightful and I know that once all of this hard prep work is done, you'll have a delightful time meeting all of your fans!! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hearing about all that prep made me feel excited; like if I lived in town I'd talk you into letting me come over for a day and help you cut ribbon and all the things and stuff bags. I love meticulous prep--i'd even bring coffee and sandwiches! It's exciting; the backstage flurry for a big production--the curtain rises soon! Your models are just the thing, and I think everyone will have a wonderful time at your workshops Vonna!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your class finishes are gorgeous, Vonna. I would love to be one of those 70 attending, but it wasn't meant to be. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful to be asked to conduct a class. I am sure you will get everything done. Enjoy. Your finishes are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! Your two model stitches for the classes look gorgeous. All the best for the retreat - I know that your classes will be a hit and all that hard work will be so worth it! Have fun - can't wait to hear all about it when you're back :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best wishes for your classes. you do such wonderful work, i know all will go very well. I somehow missed your last post. The houses look amazing. I am on my last house,your design gives me hope! I still have the border to finish too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It will be wonderful! I only wish I could be there! And you will have a lot of fun, i'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two beautiful finishes. Your class attendees will have a great time making these finishes with you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The retreat projects look amazing! I can't imagine how busy you are getting ready.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun! I hope you have a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fun! I wish I lived close enough to attend - I'd love to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You can do it. The ladies taking your classes are in for a special treat having you as a teacher. Have a good and fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Vonna, I am always in awe of how much you get done in a day!! I know we all have the same 24 hours, but you must have superb time management skills. Or some secret elves we don't know about!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Teaching is fun filled with lots of work. . .you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Whoa .... lucky bunch of gals. They'll have the best ever teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Vonna: What an honor, I hope you have loads of fun, but putting together 70 kits ouch.
    I love your two finish's so lovely.
    I think we need 48 hours in a day to get things done.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think the people who will be attending your retreat are very lucky ladies. You will do a fantastic job and everyone will have a wonderful time. Enjoy!!! RJ

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lucky 70 gals coming to your class! I know it will be amazing! You will nurture everyone and all will learn and grow.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What an honor to be teaching at the retreat. There are 70 lucky ladies who get to share in your creativity. It's a lot of work to get ready but it will be so exciting and worth it. Have fun !!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The women who will be attending your class or so lucky. Hope you all have lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Two lovely finishes. I hope you and the ones attending your classes have a fabulous time. I'm sure it will all go without a hitch.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lucky ladies attending your classes. You are making it so special for them, Vonna.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Absolutely gorgeous, Vonna, you will be teaching in real life. I'm sure it will be stressful but also a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hope your class goes well. You will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the needle detail in Betsy's hand. Those are some lucky ladies! Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful stitching and finishing (I love the little needle in her hand)! The retreat sounds awesome, I hope you have a LOT of fun! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher