Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Day 20...

~ Greetings and Warm Welcome to ~

When you think about Christmas...
the first thing that comes to my is

Faith - Family - Friends

I have been blessed abundantly in all three of the F's but today I'm going to talk about friends.

Over 10 years ago...
I was just a cross stitcher that when I had a free moment I'd pull out a piece and work on it in the evenings, after my children went to bed. Then my eyes were opened to bulletin boards and blogs. Wow! Never had I seen such lovely things created and people that actually cross stitched!

I read blog after blog...
for many months and then thought, why not? I've always enjoyed writing. I love to tell stories. I'm going to try my hand at this blog thing. 

Who would have thought...

that years later I would have such very close friends (and we ARE friends) sharing our lives together.

Our joys. . .
Our successes. . .
Our failures. . .
Our sorrows. . .
Our families. . .
Our love of cross stitching. . .

I do find it rather funny that the majority of people that I correspond with, my circle of very tight friendships, I have met through this blog and live no where near Indiana. I know there are very prolific and wonderful people that stitch in Indiana but very few have I met here in my own state or converse with me. I have a few very close Hoosier friends that I meet up with and stitch with time to time, but the majority of my "peeps" are those that live very far away. 

I was lucky on my trip that I got to meet some very lovely, wonderful stitchers in San Francisco, CA..

The first meet up was at Alameda, CA at the Needle in the Haystack.

Here is the group:
(From Left - Right)
Olivia B (FlossTube Channel HERE)
Jennifer (Delicious Threads needleminders on Facebook) and FlossTube Channel HERE
Becky - Obsessed Stitcher, FlossTube Channel HERE
Rose C (FlossTube Channel HERE)
-- me --
Michelle H (Instagram @mhudson1992)
Madelyn (Instagram @happygostitchy)


we had such fun shopping and chatting and laughing :)


It was a very wonderful day and I want to thank ALL of these ladies for welcoming me for the day and sharing friendship and fun with me! What a great day it was! 
Thank you all so very much!



Then three days later...
it was on to meet my longtime, wonderful friends Edgar of "Blacksheep's Bit of the Web" fame and Rico! 

(Hey Edgar...stealing your pic it was better than mine!)

Long...have I corresponded with Edgar and long have I loved him and Rico too. Do you ever meet someone and your heart just "feels at home" with? Like you've known each other from the very beginning...but really you haven't ever met them in real  life? That was exactly how it was meeting Edgar. I knew his story, he knew my story and we connected at the heart level. My brother and sister in law (Jeremy and Ryan) took me to San Francisco to meet up with Edgar and Rico and it turned out fabulous, because Edgar and I sat down started talking and 2 hours later...
LOL!
Honest to heaven we didn't hardly have time to eat because he was looking right at me and I was looking right at him and we just gabbed and gabbed and gabbed. I could have stayed and talked the entire day away, but rush hour was upon us and Edgar and Rico had things to do, so we parted ways. 
But I will never forget our meeting and I hope fervently in future that we get to see each other again...someday.

Edgar and Rico...
you sweet boys. I love you and thanks so much for meeting up with me, our friendship means the world to me and I am so blessed and humble to think that through this little thing called "stitching" that I love so much, brought two people into my life that are just the epitome of friendship and kindness (and FUN!). Both men are just hilarious and wonderful people to hang with!


Alright...
so grab up your cups of coffee, tea, water, soda...and let's all toast to ~
FRIENDSHIP
may it always be a shinning star in our night sky!
A star that I have been blessed with tenfold.
Thank YOU ALL for being my friend.
Love you all!


Until tomorrow....


16 comments:

  1. We all are blessed for have you in our life.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Vonna! I have met such wonderful stitchers over the years that have become such good friends and some I haven't even met yet. I just want you to know that you inspire me and although I don't always comment I am always reading your blog and enjoy it very much. I recently had surgery and am out of work for several weeks so now I get to blog and stitch all day long. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a sweet post! Definitely toasting to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely post Vonna. I have met some lovely stitching people and know just what you mean about that closeness even though you've never met in real life before. How lucky that you got to meet Edgar and Rico at last!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Raising my glass of water to you, Vonna, and this stitching stitcherhood. You are indeed a blessing to me and I am truly grateful for your inspiration, your willingness to share, and your giving nature.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well said, Vonna! Raising my coffee cup to you as I read this. :) I am so grateful for the connections made through the internet--blogs, Facebook groups, youtube videos, Instagram. It all inspires me daily. I am grateful for your tutorials that are turning this stitcher into a reluctant, but still trying, finisher. God bless you and your family, Vonna. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and new year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A sweet and touching post, Vonna.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I belong to a small (but dedicated) cross stitch group that meets every week at a lovely ladies' home. Our hostess is 80, still stitching and doing beautiful work. Friendship and stitching nourish our souls.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vonna, I couldn't agree more about blog friendships. This community is just the best! I'm looking forward to our meeting in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel so blessed to get to be a part of your life via your blog, your tutorials, and your Flosstube (I always look forward to one of your videos). I have always said that when there is a group of stitchers in a room then there are no strangers. We are all linked together via our love needlework. Stitcher's are the best friends. Happy stitching..............

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing! I agree the online stitching friends I've made are amazing. I'm also thankful to have met you in person and count you as a friend too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you got to meet up with such fun stitching friends, Vonna! I'm sure they were thrilled to meet you :) We are all very blessed to be a part of such a creative and supportive community!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post! I always enjoy reading about blogging friends meeting up in the real world. It's only happened to me once (Gracie lives a few miles from me), but it was so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think the stitching / crafting community is the most wonderful group of people. I have made so many lovely friends through it. I'm so glad you got to meet up and have a great time.

    I'm so behind on my reading and commenting yet again but I have just taken the time to read every one of your 25 days of Christmas posts so far and loved reading them all. You are such an inspiration.

    Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a really nice post Vonna! I totally agree that stitching friends are the best! I have met a bunch through PALS, vacations, and through my LNS. I just cannot imagine life without stitching, and all the 'peeps' I feel are friends! All around the world! And YOU are quite my inspiration for finishing! Who knows? We may meet someday... the world has become smaller with the help of the internet! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I treasure the connections I have made with my cross stitch blog and reading others' blogs. So glad you were able to meet with Edgar.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher