Monday, December 19, 2016

Day 19....

~ Greetings and Warm Welcome to ~

Well...
I picked up Katie safely on Saturday afternoon! 
We had a celebratory lunch at The Cheesecake Factory.
Yes, we had the cheesecake (we had it boxed and ate it for supper)
Here is a picture of the Pfeiffer girls back together!


On Sunday...
it was icy and rather nasty. We went to late Mass and then after Mass the boys went to work and the girls and I went to get our hair trimmed and do some grocery shopping and some last minute gift purchasing. 

We were having a great time...
until we went to SAMs and I ended up locking my keys (inside my purse) in my new car. It's a Toyota Avalon and its remote entry and remote key (I press a button to start the car and just touch the handles of the car to open the doors as long as I have the fob on my person) .  But my "smart" car thought I and my keys were INSIDE the car and so it locked me out and kept starting the alarm system when I touched the handles because it thought I was an intruder, not the frantic owner looking at the purse on the seat of the car and wanting inside.

Well thanks to the kindness of strangers...
and there ARE still good and true people out there, even though it seems that kindness is rare or hard to find nowadays, I am always reminded that this is not true - there are good people everywhere willing to lend a helping hand and sadly the negative nellies and those who promote such negative behavior are the ones that stand out. 

Anyway...due to the kindness of strangers...
who drove Katie and I home (Ellie had already been dropped off at home - Keith has been in St. Louis on work travel for the past 8 days and is due back late Wednesday or early Thursday.) The lovely couple drove us home and we got our keys and I drove the van with Katie back and dropped her off with the spare keys and she drove the Avalon home and I followed. 

As if that wasn't enough....
remember I said it was Icy during the day...
well our drive way up next to our house never gets sun, so...hauling in the groceries I slipped and fell HARD on the concrete. Flat on my rear-end/right side. Well I had the wind knocked out of me. It took me a few minutes to catch my breath, stop crying and actually get up off the concrete. Thank God I didn't hit my head, because I went down VERY HARD. Well my butt and thigh is swollen, I have probably pulled/severely strained my ham string, as I can hard bend myself at the waist without my right back thigh and rear end hurting so badly I want to cry. But I'm icing every couple of hours. Taking ibuprofen and taking it easy. Gently stretching by just bending at the waist and letting myself "hang" there for a few minutes to try to lengthen my hamstrings as I'm VERY tight and I know they are severely abused right now. God willing I'll get it myself to rights. 

So...
just a quickie post today. I'm not feeling 100% but I have so much to be thankful for, and sometimes one runs smack dab into a brick wall. There are always road blocks in life. I'm try to remember that and to remain positive. It could be so much worse. So I'm going to say my prayers of thanksgiving and ask for healing while I'm at it.

You'd think...
I have enough padding on my bum that I'd have bounced yesterday. 
Not so. Here's hoping my daily elliptical workouts mean that I'm "in shape" and my bum quits hurting faster than normal :)

Somehow me thinks...
that 46 years of age trumps my working out daily.
I don't bounce like I used to...

Until tomorrow...


32 comments:

  1. Oh, ouch! I did that one night at a gals house where I was giving a stamoing worksshop. I have no idea how I made it through that night. You take care of yourself and let your girls love on you!!! I am so glad you have your Katie home for a few weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Vonna, I am so sorry that you fell. I hope you hurt less each day. What a great photo of you and your girls! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope you get better fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry about the fall! It is scary as it is happening and then painful! I hope recovery is quick. I love the Cheesecake Factory! Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hands were probably full at the time too. My husband (age 70) recently had that kind of fall and he had to have 3 chiropractic adjustments to put him back in the right. You are smart to do the icing though.
    Love your ability to look on the bright side. What a witness to pass on to your girls. May God bless you with continued healing and a rich and warm Christmas with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! Sometimes those 'tests' come all at once!
    I'm sorry you fell and hope you feel better soon. I know it probably doesn't feel like it, but all those work-outs will have a positive impact on your healing. Keep shining! Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely ornaments shown on your previous post.

    I think you said it all when you said "you don't bounce like you used to". The older we get the harder we seem to fall and it takes twice as long to get back right again. Hopefully once the bruising has come out everything else will heal in time. Plenty of TLC for you.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, you had a very challenging afternoon! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a day you had! Glad you didn't break anything like me when I fell a few years ago. I hope you'll be on the mend quick. Glad you have your daughter safely home for Christmas. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so very sorry to hear about your fall. Hope the icing helps and that you're feeling much better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My mother would have told me that it was God's way of making me slow down :) Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ouch! Please continue to take care of yourself and don't overdo. Even if it's almost Christmas, our bodies still take time to heal.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a wave of trials and deliverances! Please continue to take good care of yourself, and don't "beat yourself up" about any of it! I hope it proves to give you extra opportunities to sit with a cuppa and gaze at the tree this year. Let your family do a little extra for YOU this week. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry about your fall. Speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Except for the ice this sounds pretty much like my days some times......remember I am much older than you so I am going to advise you to go to your doctor and make sure you are OK. Compressions fractures when you fall on your butt are easy to get and hard to treat if not caught early and you will pay dearly in days to come. Take care of yourself kiddo.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am praying for you dear.♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know you're thrilled to have Miss Katie home for the holidays and soon DH will be home too. I hope you take it easy for a few days and get back "on your feet" again. A fall of any kind is not fun and the older you get - the worse it gets. Take care of yourself - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope you are feeling much better. I tripped on a sidewalk on Election Day and my hip was black and blue for several weeks. So glad you found some helpful shoppers when you were locked out of your car. Enjoy your family and the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well what a pile of crud that this happened to you, Vonna! I'm so sorry. I hope you didn't bust your tailbone. You might need to actually get checked out! Falling on ice is very painful without falling HARD! Hope it gets better fast.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad you have your girl home, sorry to hear about the car and the fall. If you aren't feeling better in a couple days, please go see the doctor, just to make sure you're really ok!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG I know how it felt and you. I fell coming up back steps holding basket of washing.I was stunned for a while, thought of a broken something at 1st but after trying to move and telling my DH NO, let me do this I did get up but didn't know whether to cry or swear.Did both in the end. SORE ++ for sometime but gratefully no broken whatever. Best wishes Vonna, have a very merry Christmas and happy stitching. From Shirley N.Z.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have slipped on ice, and ruined my right rotator cuff... Never got it checked out, and pay for that stupidity often! I hope you will go to your doctor and get checked... fractures can be tricky! After the doctor visit, have a great time with your Katie, and a very Merry time with all of your family! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh no I do hope you are OK. Take time to rest and let everyone else do the work.
    I live in the UK and didn't realise The Cheesecake Factory (known to me from The Big Bang Theory) was a real restaurant - sorry but I'm really excited to learn that it is! Simple things.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I hope your pain goes away soon. That was a nasty fall. I'm sure it's lovely to have Katie back home.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh Vonna - this morning I thought I need to start rolling your blog and oh my goodness you had a day :( - It is wonderful to see you and your girls having a nice time - but ouch your day gave you challenges - I hope you are on the mend and doing better. My car is similar that no key is required - it does challenge me also sometimes. Take care of yourself - you are a treasure! Becky

    ReplyDelete
  26. Well, what an eventful day! Wishing you a speedy recovery and the kindness of strangers!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh wow. So sorry to hear about your fall. So glad you did not hurt your head. I hope you are feeling better. Take time and rest. Ice scares me. It is so dangerous, and you can be down and hurt before you even have time to realize what has happened.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Glad Katie is home safe and you managed a good day before the fall. I hope you heal soon, and take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm so sorry. Another when it rains it pours type of things. Hope your pain eases quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ouch, ouch!! That had to hurt; I have done that on my hardwood floors; flat on my back. I know I didn't get around very good for several days. Sounds like a good time for one of your sweet girls to bring you a good cup of tea and a sugar treat while you rest up a bit. So sorry this happened but, like you said, it could have been worse. We should all count our blessings; I have been thinking about the homeless people with all of this bitterly cold weather. I pray for them and thank the Lord for my warm home and comfy bed. I hope you feel better soon. Happy stitching and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Just catching up and so sorry to read about your fall I hope you mend quickly. X

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh my, and all of this happening so short before Christmas. I hope you are slowly feeling better ...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher