Friday, December 16, 2016

Day 16 ....

~ Greetings and Warm Welcome to ~

Today it's all about this guy:

Keith

He always bakes us cakes...

Untitled

He loves his family...



He "hates" cats...

Untitled

Untitled

and he really loves me...


How could a girl ask for more? 
Plain and simple I can't. AND...like I've said before on my "Keith" day during the 25 Days of Christmas...
It was meant to be because when I was first married, and my mother in law gave me Keith's childhood ornaments, he had made a Boy Scout clothes pin ornament when he was in Boy scouts and I had made a ballerina ornament when I was in dance. 
Boy Scout and Ballerina

Now they hang on our tree together every year...
and when its time to take down the tree and put away the ornaments they get wrapped together and laid on top because they are the first ornaments to go on our tree each year.

:) 

Speaking of trees...
Day 8 and Day 9 of my grand adventure was spent in YOSEMITE!
here's a few of my favorite shots.

Upper Yosemite Falls...
Untitled


Sequoia...
Untitled


Untitled


They Sequoia they cut a hole in so a state coach could get through...
Untitled

You can see Half Dome way in the background there (we couldn't get to it as that part of the park was closed for winter).
Untitled

Bridal Veil falls...
Untitled

Yosemite was one of my favorite places...the effervescent smell of pine permeated the air. It was majestic in it's valleys and granite rock faces and sheer drops....the waterfalls, the twists and turns...the mighty sequoia trees. Yep. Pretty fantastic. The whole time I was there, I was wishing Keith was there with me. He would love Yosemite....and someday we will be there together.

And on Day 10 of the grand adventure...
the loooooong drive was almost over and we were leaving Yosemite and pulled in and ate at this little cafe in Groveland, CA....

Untitled

and...I wished I was home with the REAL ELLIE.

until tomorrow...

14 comments:

  1. Love the clothespin ornaments you & Keith made and the story that goes along with them. Thanks for sharing pics of Yosemite. I hope to get back there someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Vonna you your meant for each other, truly! Rui loved Yosemite too when he was there (last century) in the nineties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful memory you have of the ornaments love the tradition ❤️..pictures are fabulous so glad you have taken us along...blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous pictures you shared of Yosemite! What precious clothespin ornaments you and Keith created back in the day; love the story that goes with them. Enjoy your weekend, Vonna!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet ornament story; your love was meant to be! I'm really enjoying taking your trip with you :). Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A man who bakes cake? You couldn't ask for more! And I love the clothespin ornament story. Your tree is beautiful this year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always enjoy your trip pictures. what great memories go with the childhood ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Behind a good woman is a good man. Love the clothes pins! The sky was so blue in your photos. I've been to Yosemite, but I was maybe 9? I want to go back as an adult!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful photos of Yosemite. Visiting that place is on my bucket list. It looks like you and I have truly been blessed in the husband department.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your photos are gorgeous, but I'm completely smitten by the story of your clothespin ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great story about the clothespin ornaments. You two were just meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your family stories, Keith is definitely "a keeper"! Your park pictures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So wonderful to hear of a wonderful happy couple. So sweet. Thanks for sharing more of your trip photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Our National Parks are such an under-appreciated treasure! Sequoias and Redwoods are humbling - their size and age - beyond comprehension.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher