Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Day 13....

~ Greetings and Warm Welcome to ~

Today...
I have just a little something that may help you as you stitch. You seen I'm 46 years old. I wore glasses and/or contacts basically my whole life. Three years ago I had PRK done which is a form of Lasik surgery. It was the best thing I've ever done for myself. The freedom to open my eyes in the morning and see what time it is without having to squint and screw up my face...HUGE. 
However...
due to my age, I have to wear some form of cheaters when I do my stitching. Last spring I purchased this lit magnifying daylight lamp (that has the ability to be a table top lamp or a floor lamp). There is a circle of LED lights around the magnifier. MY WORD...
it has made such a difference in my stitching!
Here it is: 

Available on Amazon, just search for Daylight Naturalight LED lamp. It pops right up. I've seen it for various prices anywhere from $45 to $60. (I bought mine for $130 from my LNS). You see ALL your poorly laid stitches and have to fix them right away...its that powerful. 

HIGHLY recommend!
So add it to your Santa list 
:)

HO HO HO!

Until tomorrow...




11 comments:

  1. Sounds great.
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendation. I turned 60 this year and I need a brighter light. Right now I wear my everyday glasses, have a floor lamp with three directed sconces pointing to my lap and attach a booklight right to my Q-snap. If I'm stitching a small count fabric, I have special mid-range stitching prescription glasses that I wear. I keep telling my husband I need a more powerful light, but haven't really researched them. I will definitely check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so agree with you about a magnifying light. Mine has made a huge difference to the ease with which I stitch. I wouldn't be without it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the magnifying light recommendation, Vonna!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have one too - same brand from Amazon - with a plug or battery option. Really sweet for class, lap in the car ( yep it sits on the floor and comes right up over my lap) and my outdoor patio stitching corner. What a difference it has made.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I may need to look into this...as my almost 70 year old eyes are sometimes not working like they used to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Vonna for recommending this light to me a week or so ago! It's been amazing for me. I bought it on Amazon for $48

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to know! I actually had to use my tabletop Ott light the other day while I was working on a piece of blue spruce
    fabric. The eyes aren't getting in younger!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for the suggestion. My "old" eyes need all the help they can get!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been thinking of adding a lighted magnifier like this to my arsenal and thanks to you, I've pulled the trigger! What's next, a Rollaframe? Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great suggestion. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher