Saturday, December 10, 2016

Day 10...

~ Welcome and Warm Greetings to ~

Day 10...
I also had this sweetie languishing in my drawer of finished stitches, so again, I took a few minutes to finish up this sweetie:
HiH Peace

"Woodland Peace" 
by Heart in Hand
It was a 2015 limited edition kit, but I believe that if you google it you can still find some available.

The cover model had rusched ribbon, but I just did a white twisted cording and a sweet little white bow to hang off the right hand corner. I felt it just made the whole thing look sweet and dainty. The little Gold Snowflake came in the kit. I love the colors of this one. I will be stitching it again!

Day 6 of my grand adventure...
saw us pulling into the Grand Canyon. I don't even know what to say about the Grand Canyon. My feeling was: a little bit of vertigo (I'm afraid of heights and just standing on the edge of a cliff with a deep and yawning gap between the canyon walls was a little frightening) then just stand and gazing...and for miles and miles and miles all you see is canyon after canyon after canyon. Each time you look depending on the sun, clouds, time of day...the rocks look different. Did you know that the only way you can see the entire Grand Canyon all at one time is from a  picture taken from space. It is that big. Again, all I can say is: God. WOW!
I will let my pictures further tell my story, as my words are inadequate.


Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Until tomorrow...


22 comments:

  1. A beautiful ornament. Yes, the Grand Canyon is beyond words. Every time I visit it look different. An amazing place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Vonna I was amazed too the first I saw the Grand Canyon such beauty...Gods creation is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely hit all the great national parks. Brings back memories for me. I haven't been out west since I was young.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another lovely ornament finish. Your photos of the Grand Canyon are very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have vertigo too so I totally understand the feeling you described. We enjoyed breakfast at the Bright Angel Lodge right on the rim one morning and I liked that better. We sat on the veranda and looked out. I did not have to get next to the edge. We also enjoyed the South Rim view. It is amazing for sure. Now you need to stitch that National Park commemorative piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Vonna. I have never been there. Maybe some day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am afraid of heights too! A picture from space sounds good! It sure is gorgeous!! And I have seen that ornament finished both ways now... Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the finish! Simple and elegant! I was a wee toddler when I saw the grand canyon. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can see why they call it "Grand". Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another lovely finished ornament, Vonna! I like the cording and little bow. Thank you for sharing the photos of the Grand Canyon through your lens. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful finish. Amazing photos of the Grand Canyon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photos! I've only flown over it, and your photos bring back memories. :) Nice finish too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute ornament. Wow! Amazing! I really want to go to the Grand Canyon. Never thought about the height of it. That would be an issue for Dh. He is afraid of heights too. When we go to Yosemite, he can't make it to the top of the Vernal Falls.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another cute ornament. I visited the Grand Canyon when I was about 12 or 13 and rode to the bottom on a donkey.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your ornament is so cute and so is the finish. The pictures are breathtaking. God Is awesome! I was wondering, do any of your tutorials show how to make those cute little bows?

    ReplyDelete
  16. That canyon is truly magnificent!! Like you, the height made me a bit nervous. I was forever fussing at my DH who was too close and trying to get the perfect picture.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simply breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have always wanted to visit the Grand Canyon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your ornament. Beautiful pics of the Grand Canyon. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The vastness of the Grand Canyon is humbling!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The Grand Canyon, one of the most impressive natural wonders that I have ever seen in my life.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher