Thursday, December 01, 2016

Day 1.....

~ Warm Welcome and Merry Christmas to all of my stitching friends ~

Today is the beginning of the fourth year of


So here we are on Day 1...
and I've got to be honest people, I have been back in my home for 24 hours and my life is a bit random and frankly a mess since I've been away for 3 1/2 weeks on my grand vacation.

One thing you can count on me about is: 
Keeping it real. My life is a bit of a mess right now ~ not in a bad way, just in a I'm not in the groove and things are out of control way.

My house isn't a mess...
(no my husband is too much of a perfectionist for it to be a mess) but it is still decorated for fall. Yes, you read correctly. Not a single Christmassy thing is anywhere in my house, except for this Blog Header (that I made today) and this here little 'ol post.
*GASP*

So give me this first day to draw a road map of what will happen in the upcoming days.
"What is going to happen this year during these 25 Days?"
Well I'm going to share with you my family, my life, my tips/techniques/ideas and just generally bask in the glow of the holidays!

Last year so many people enjoyed my gadgets and gizmos bit...
that I know for certain that I'll have a few gizmos to throw in and show you. Some I've bought from a store, some I've made because it helps me in the way I stitch.
We will definitely have stitching related talk.
We will definitely have tutorials created and shared as my gift to you for being my loyal friends.
We will have fun and laughter.
However, above all, we will share happiness and love for each other, our craft that brings us so much joy and just general fun.

There is so much negativity in the world...
you see it all around you. It is my hope that together we all can make a change in our hearts, with purpose in our minds, to be a positive light for this world. We all have different ideals, faiths, families, friends, goals...but although we are all different and walk different stations in life; this art, this hobby brings us all together under a common roof for fun and fellowship. AND....I've got a couple of fellowship moments that I just experienced over the last few weeks to share with you during these 25 days!

Tis the season for fellowship....
join me friends - join me to light up this world for good, for joy and for friendship.

I'll be back tomorrow to share with you my progress on bringing a little Christmas in my home....
Oh heaven help me, I've got a long row to hoe here and the weeds are a grabbing at the handle.
LOL!

Until tomorrow friends!
Merry Christmas and Happy 25 Days!

Now on to my coffee with peppermint mocha creamer....GO! get ya' some!
That's your Day 1 tip :)



40 comments:

  1. Whee! Glad your're safe home and it's time for your Christmas Special again, too! I've been having health challenges lately, so I'm also behind/fallish around here. Looking forward to a little Celebration Inspiration! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Vonna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I do hope you loved your grand adventure. How many National Parks did you end up seeing? Merry Christmas Vonna and I definitely love your Day 1 tip.Stopped at Dunkin Donuts the other day and got my first coffee of the season with their Peppermint Mocha Creamer and it was wonderful. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy December and Merry Day #1
    Welcome home from your fabulous trip. It won't be long and you will be back into your normal routine.
    Have fun decorating and turning your home into a beautiful Christmas scene. Your tree is amazing every year and I love how it turns.
    I look forward to your 25 days of Christmas. Thanks for taking the time to share with all of us !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home. I'm so bummed I missed your previous post, because you were literally in my back yard. I live in Napa. I hope you had a wonderful trip. Thank you for doing this again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well since you were traveling with your dad, I say rest a bit before tackling the decorating. I do look forward to seeing all your holiday posts. Here in NoAla, it is the first chilly day in quite a while so it is beginning to feel like Christmas. I am off to Cracker Barrel for Breakfast with the Gals...maybe they will have a fire in the big fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so good to have you back! And I'm sure all went well with the journey through the National Parks (the pictures are beatiful). Hope all is well in the Pfeiffer home and I'm sure you will get back to Christmas in a moment's notice!
    It is nice this beatifull header!
    Here in my blog Christmas is also under way and the house will be decorated today!
    Hugs from Portugal

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome home Vonna! Looking forward to these 25 days of Christmas - a big thank you from me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome home. Know you enjoyed the trip. Always enjoy your blog and the 25 days of Christmas postings. I agree, lets spread a lot of love, friendship and kind words this season and always.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've got the creamer and I'm glad you are back! I look forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tis the Season. Looking forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome home, Vonna! Hope you had a wonderful grand adventure through the parks and heading west! I am looking forward to your 25 Days. Thank you for taking it on again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome home my friend! I have got nothing but fall around here too. Oh well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome home, Vonna! I'm sure your trip was awesome and can't wait to hear all about it. I'm looking forward to your 25 days of Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been looking forward to this post! Glad you are home safe and sound. Hopefully your house will be Christmas-fied in no time at all. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful vacation! I wish I could have smuggled along in your suitcase!! Looking forward to the Days of Christms!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Welcome back! Sounds like your trip was as grand as you had hoped. Looking forward to your next 24 posts, but please be kind to yourself and start small.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Welcome back from your marvelous trip! Don't feel bad, I have been here the whole time and I am just now getting Fall down and Christmas up. I am looking forward to all your posts!! Yes, I found and love that creamer!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so very excited for my first year of 25 Days of Christmas with the Twisted Stitcher! I'm glad you enjoyed your grand adventure and that you made it safely back home. Thank you for sharing your life and positivity with us this holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Vonna. I wondered if you'd do this again, so am really looking forward to your posts. Thank you. You have so much knowledge and you share it so kindly.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Glad you're back safely and hope you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looking forward not only to your 25 Days of Christmas, but your travel adventures too. By the way, if you enjoy the pumpkin spice creamer, try some on your oatmeal. You'll be glad you did.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just wanted to say glad you are back, safe and sound. And I TOTALLY understand the husband being a perfectionist! I call it OCD here, maybe cause he really does obsess! My house is still in Fall mode also... but next week I think I shall swap it out! Looking forward to your Days of Christmas postings! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Welcome home. I hope you had the most wonderful time. I'm so looking forward to seeing what your 25 days have for us. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looking forward to the awesomeness you bringuys Vonna

    ReplyDelete
  27. Looking forward to your posts. So happy you made it home safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Welcome home! I know your vacation was a once-in-a-lifetime experience but there's no place like HOME! I am looking forward to your 25 days of Christmas. You always bring a bit of sunshine to my day with your posts and floss tube videos!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Looking forward to your blog posts! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  30. So glad you are back for another year of 25 days!!!! I know you'll be back in the swing right quick!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Glad you are home safely. So looking forward to the 25 days of Christmas. Enjoy decorating your home.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Dear Vonna,
    I am so happy you got that amazing vacation but can only imagine how happy you are to be home. Thanks for taking the time to do this as it is such a gift. Breathe and enjoy your decorating. Thanks as always.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Welcome home and catch your breath! Can't wait for the remaining "25 Days of Christmas"!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Yay - glad you're home safe and sound and that you're doing this again this year! Looking forward to what you have to share.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love what you had to say about negativity and being a positive light in the world! I truly believe that our thoughts predict our happiness in this thing we call life and anything I/we can do to turn that around for someone else is a good thing!

    Welcome home Vonna! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  36. I look forward to this every year.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I decided to check my Bloglovin app tonight and low and behold I see your 25 days of Christmas in my feed. Time to catch up! Knowing you, you had these days all planned out in July!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Looking forward to the 25 Days of Christmas Twisted Stitcher style!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Welcome home! I enjoyed seeing your photos of your trip. What memories you made. I'll enjoy your 25 Days of Christmas. Thanks for taking the time!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love your 25 days of Christmas I am a bit behind...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher