Sunday, September 25, 2016

Starting and Ending your thread....

Good Morning and Happy Sunday Folks!!

I have had a question left for my "Ask Vonna..." section of my blog.

Q: Janaplmr Asks..."Would you consider showing how you start and end your thread?"

A: Thank you Janaplmr, I'm sorry it has taken me so long to address your question. I have done it in video form because I believe that just showing is the best way to share.
Please view my video on my YouTube Channel...HERE

**NOTE** Please remember that I am just a woman that has been stitching for many years. This is the way I start and end my threads based on my collective years (30+) of learning through my own experience of stitching and having my works judged at my county fair. This is how I do it. That does not mean it is the only way to do it or even that it is the best way to do it - rather this is my way to do it and I have found that I have good results; especially being that my judged pieces (following my beginning to stitch in this manner) has all received very high marks. Thank you.



3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this video! I used it on my current project and it worked like magic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your video. To date, I have used the pin stitch just for confetti stitches but now I will use it more regularly to make my work neater. It makes sense, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Vonna! The video was awesome and looking forward to applying your techniques. You inspire me to improve 🙂

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher