Thursday, December 31, 2015

Honesty is the best policy....

~ Greetings and Warm Welcome ~
to all my stitching and blogging buddies!

Well 2015...
here and gone! Seems to go like water through my fingers with each passing year. 
It has not been a bad year...I can find good in every year. Life is hard even in the best of times, but with a thankful heart you can see that even in struggles you are blessed. There's been some struggles, but honestly I am so very richly blessed, I can really only see the good in life.

At Christmas Morning Mass...
My four children were the altar servers. Ellie has been in training for about 6 weeks and finally all 4 got to serve together. I was singing in the "choir" which was really an ensemble of myself and 2 other women. I'm the soprano and I nearly faltered when I saw them all walk out together the first time. Brought a tear to their Mama's eye. Gosh, I love them so!

Kids Serving at Christmas 2015

Here is our family selfie...
after Mass at our front door.
(Keith's face makes me laugh...like he's really concentrating on pushing that button...)
US at Christmas 2015

I started this on Christmas Eve...

Pineberry Lane's 
"I Bring Thee Joy"
stitched with the called for colors on the called for fabric: 30 ct. WDW Tin Roof
I like it! A couple of good stitching sessions and it will be knocked out!

Pineberry Lane WIP I Bring Thee Joy

This was started last January 2015...
and it got left behind. I'm trying to get it stitched by midnight tonight.. ha. ha. ha.

Melicent Turner Reproduction Sampler
by
Little House Needleworks
I'm using Classic Colorworks Cottons in mostly the same colorway as given except I made the red more red than pink by using Apple Fritter 
on 40 ct. Vintage Exemplar

 Melicent Turner


another WIP that I've never shared here is....
Barbara Ana's
"All Creatures Great and Small"
I've got the date filled in so...

All Creatures Great and Small

Here is what it is supposed to look like...I love it!

All Creatures Big and Small

I started this late fall and have had it kitted for years...
"Quaker Diamonds" 
by Rosewood Manor
Quaker Diamonds - Copy
Here's what it will look like:
Quaker Diamonds real


 Like the title of this post says: Honesty is the best policy...
 and I'm not setting goals!

I've learned a lot in life as I've gotten older and one of them is this:
I do better just following the road of my life rather than planning my course by map.
Navigation by life's UPS and DOWNS...is the best course to follow in my opinion.
Of course I have goals...but they are loose. I just want to enjoy my life. I've already accomplished my major life goals, college education, marriage, kids...
What I want to work on is my head...
and my heart. But that is a day to day, one foot in front of the other, re-evaluation and honesty.
Ongoing...
never ending.

With that in mind, here's what I'd "like" to stitch this year...

Summer House Stitche Workes 
"Calico Sampler"
Summer House Stitch Workes

Prairie Moon
"Peace on Earth"
Peace on Earth

Heartstring Samplery
"His Eye is on the Sparrow"
His Eye is On the Sparrow


I stitched this 20 years ago for my Mother~in~Law...now my husband wants one for us...
so....
"Amid Amish Life"
(found in the old Cross Stitching and Country Crafts magazine)
Amid Amish Life

I'd like to add to my Prairie Schooler Santa Tree...
I'd like to start stitching snowmen for a Snowman Tree...
(to keep out all winter it is depressing to take Christmas down and have no fairy lights)

Katie is graduating in May...
do I stitch her a sampler to commemorate that? Starting her own adult life? I don't know...I'm conflicted on that...suggestions on if I should and if I should do you have suggestions on charts? I don't want any hoakey graduation caps. I thought once about doing "Crazy Socks" by Rosewood Manor for her as she is definitely into wearing crazy socks. She has hundreds of pairs...

We will see where my road goes in 2016!! It will be an exciting adventure, I have no doubt. 

I want to wish all of you a very merry, blessed New Year!
I hope that you all have a safe holiday.
I hope that we all can live up to being the best we can be and attain all that we dream, with health and happiness!

**I am starting my new prayer journal**
 and already have some families and intentions written down in there...
May I pray for you? 
Just drop me a private e-mail and I will glad to write your name and intentions in my journal and pray for you and your intentions. It is my honor. There were so many requests last year and most people I have not heard from...but I know that heaven hears the whisper of prayers.

Until next time...
let's get our New Year stitch on!
WAHOO!

Happy New Year!

May we keep our hands to work and our heart to God...
while we strive to be the best ME we can be,
while loving our neighbors as ourselves, 
and to our own self be true...
Because...
we want to BE the change, we want to SEE in this world!

Hugs and love in stitches,
Vonna xxxx

46 comments:

  1. Blessings to you and your family in the coming year. Thanks for sharing 2015 with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear friend, I wish much happiness for you and your family. Thank you for sharing your life and your creatively. Most of all it is a pleasure counting you as a friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you and your family a very happy and healthy New Year,Vonna.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not surprised you had a tear in your eye seeing all four of your children serving on the altar. They look so beautiful in their altar robes.
    You look ready to go with your new starts!
    Wishing you a happy and healthy 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Vonna, to you and your family. You have some great stitching and life goals for 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful family, beautiful stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wont' ask for special prayer because thankfully I am well and my family is well, we all need prayer but I will let you concentrate on others. I pray for "all" the Christian souls around the world because I figure so many are being persecuted in biblical proportions. I loved this post Vonna! You are inspiring me to order that All Creatures - I have been resisting and I certainly don't need another BAP but it does have a certain appeal. I love the prairie moon one too but I don't know if I could find it. I think the Crazy Socks for Katie might be just the thing but that is just MHO. Wishing you and your family much happiness and health in the new year - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blessings to you and your family in 2016. I enjoy reading your blog and seeing your beautiful stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful sight all four of them are!!
    I do not make specific plans. I keep loose goals also.
    I am emailing you now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My daughter graduated in 2015, I have yet to start it but I bought a Lizzie Kate, #156 "promise me" to do for her, hoping to have it done for her college graduation now....Promise me you'll always remember you're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think. I love it for my daughter, full of determination and yet a smidgen of doubt.

    Love your posts as always...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year Vonna. I love the Amid Amish Life chart. Can you tell what year of the magazine that it is in.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely picture of your family. Beautiful WIPs you have going and up coming projects. Happy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year to you, Vonna! I LOVE your Pineberry Lane St Nicholas. I want to stitch the Barbara Ana piece too. I love loose goals. That's how I go through life, too. Can't wait to follow your stitchy progress.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy new year to you and your sweet family
    Big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  16. the kids in church is an awesome picture. happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  17. What lovely WIPs you shared along with some fabulous looking "markers" on your stitching road map for 2016! I wish you a joy-filled year with many blessings, Vonna!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have a graduation sampler for you that isn't all graduation caps but the saying is beautiful. As soon as I locate it, I will e-mail it to you. I made one for each of my children when they graduated from high school, but I wish I had waited until they had graduated from college. I love the picture of the whole family and of your children as altar servers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy new year, Vonna! I pray that it will be a year of growth and beauty in every area - and I can see it already in the stitching you are hoping to do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful words in your post Vonna! You have some nice stitching lined up for the new year. Wishing you and yours a blessed and happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  21. My favorite graduate design, Sue Hillis' The Graduate, does include a mortarboard, but it's definitely not hoakey. It stitches up beautifully and, in person, looks even better than the picture on her site. Another option might be to stitch a small message from yourself & Keith or a favorite meaningful quote and frame it with her cap & gown photo, graduation announcement and tassel. Then, she'd have a lovely collection special things, including her Momma's stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy New Year, Vonna. Love reading your blog. You're such an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy New Year, Vonna! Reading your blog is one of my pleasures. I enjoy seeing your family grow, the pride and love you have for your kids, your stitching, and just learning about your life in general. I made one of my kids a graduation sampler, it was one of the boys, and it was for college I think. Anyway, I just used a L*K snippet "Bless the Graduate" #627. You can borrow mine if you want to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy New Year to you and your family. I always wanted to be an altar server but girls weren't allowed in the '60's/'70's. I can only imagine how joyful it was to see all your children serving at mass together. I love the Quaker Diamonds design. I don't need another pattern but I think it's going on my birthday list.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy New Year to and your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy New Year! A tear in a Mom's eye is sweet love. It all goes too fast! Thank you for sharing your WIP and wish list! I have Calico Sanpler in my kitted up stash pile. I have thought about the Lizzie Kate double flip it "Living with Charm" as a graduation cross stitch. Looking forward to seeing your projects and hearing about your 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy new year Vonna! I have been reading and enjoying your blog for many months now though I have not commented before. I like your stitchy hopes for 2016. Quaker Diamonds has been a long term WIP/UFO of mine. I really do want to finish it this year! The Barbara Ana piece is one that I'm thinking of buying with some Christmas money. I've had my eye on it for some time so I think this is maybe the right time! I look forward to seeing your progress on both!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy New Year! Wonderful pictures and hopes of stitching. May I suggest a band sampler for your daughters graduation piece. Intersperced would be special things that are a part of her life. (I followed Bands per Week and have been inspired by the stitchers that have added their own touch. Google Randje per Week and you will see what I mean.There is also a facebook page.
    )

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful post. Wishing you each, a happy, healthy New Year. You are a big inspiration to me as well. Stitch wise but most of all your strong faith<3 I don't know how you keep up with all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love all your projects. I will pray with you for peace on earth. You are an inspiration to me, and your faith brings hope to my days that this world will someday be a better place. Happy New year to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  31. You got alot done and have alot more planned for this year. I admire you for taking on the Heartstring Samplery piece! That is a BIG one!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Szczęśliwego Nowego Roku!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I can imagine just how proud you were to see all of your children as altar servers, Vonna! Beautiful new stitching and it looks like you have a wonderful group of charts picked for next year... May 2016 be a blessed year for your and your family in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Happy New Year! I absolutely love the family pics -- and the pic of your kids doing their altar server duty is wonderful! Love your stitching, and your possibilities for this year are great too. I so want to stitch All Creatures Great and Small too. I need to make a run to AC Moore for the DMC! I don't set goals either. I'm too much of a spontaneous person stitching or knitting - wise to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Look that Family Selfie. I can say Selfies are hard to take LOL My hubby and I went to the beach recently and trying to take a good photo with the scenery is not easy..

    I LOVE the new starts you plan on stitching in the New Year. Amid Amish Life has been in my To Do basket for YEASRS.. I don't think I will start it this year but maybe just maybe seeing your progress just might make me start :)

    Have a wonderful Day!! And Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Vonna,

    Happy New Year to you and your family.

    Loved the photo of your kids all gathered around the alter
    at church. Wonderful. Mom and Dad have a great deal
    to be proud about I think.

    And the family portrait turned out great too. Although
    Keith kind of looks like he barely made it into the shot.

    I love seeing all of the projects that you've got on the go
    these days. It seems to me that you're stitching more
    larger projects then you use to. Is that true do you think?
    There's a lot of beauties there. I think you're gonna need
    a bigger house with more walls to display them all when
    you're done.

    I googled "Crazy Socks" and think it would make a great
    graduation gift for Katie. I love Rosewood Manor designs
    and don't think you can go wrong choosing something
    designed by them.

    I've seen a lot of cross stitch patterns on Pinterest that
    are clearly copy write violations. Sometimes the copy
    write info is there and sometimes it's not. I began to
    pin what I thought were freebies there but in the end
    I stopped because I couldn't be sure which designs
    were okay and which weren't. It's a shame and I feel
    bad for the designers who are being ripped off.

    Must add that your Christmas tree loaded with your
    hand stitched and made ornaments is stunning!!!
    I think that I'd spend hours wandering around that
    tree, looking at each and every one. What a joy!

    Sending love and best wishes, Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Ohhh, that picture…that picture beautiful picture of all four ~ you are blessed!
    Cute selfie. I saw SO many people in CA with selfie sticks snapping away with ease. Keith needs a selfie stick. :-D

    I stitched a small sampler for G/D when they graduated college but did not do one for HS (maybe I should have). I stitched a sterling silver charm (purchased in Macy's) on to the sampler…it had a tiny cap and the year.

    Enjoyed seeing all of your WIPs and "2016 to do" projects. I won't set goals, but I do need to get organized with my projects!

    Thank you for always responding to my PR emails~ you are the best!

    Wishing you and your family good health and much happiness in 2016.

    <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow, you have a lot of lovely large projects to work on--just like me! Should keep you busy for the rest of the year and maybe beyond. Happy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I am SO far behind reading blogs Vonna, but wanted to take a moment to say how much I enjoy your blog. It is thoughtful, creative, humble and spiritual. I wish you and yours a happy and healthy 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I have followed your blog for a long time but seldom comment. Thank you for your 25 days of Christmas and all the time you put into your posts. You have a lovely family and we all can see how special they are to you ! Love your latest work in progress! Happy New Year blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Dear Vonna, thank you for sharing yourself, your talents, your humor, faith and family with us! It's such a pleasure and something I look forward too. I wish you and your family many blessings and a very Happy New Year! I can't wait to see where you get with these fabulous projects!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Beautiful stitching! And I love the charts you've picked out for 2016. I hope you had a lovely New Year's! :D

    ReplyDelete
  44. I have enjoyed your blog and look forward to each post you make!
    Your children are so precious as altar servers!! I can certainly understand the "tear in the eye"!!! I remember when our son was young and served--I loved it!
    Your projects are lovely and I'll look forward to seeing everything completed!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher