Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Creative in Bloom...

~ Greetings my dear friends and stitching buddies ~
a warm welcome to you! 
I hope this fine day brings you much blessings and joy!

Speaking of Joy....
My dear friend, Christine Wilson, lives right across the street from me in our little hamlet and she is a fantastic artist. She has the style and vision that I envy. She has a beautiful Etsy shop where you can find many wonderful, economical, personalized presents. 

These beautiful poplar wood plaques are currently in her Etsy shop and I've seen them up and close and personal and they are just gorgeous! All hand-painted, all hand-lettered (even to your specifications!). The poplar tree was cut down and hand lathed by an Amish farmer in the heart of Southern Indiana Amish Country that we live very nearby.


These sweeties can be viewed: HERE



Christy also has custom invitations, stationary, Christmas cards...
you name it, she's got it in her shop! 
Go take a look!
You can view Christy's Etsy Boutique ~ Creative in Bloom ~ by clicking: HERE
I thank you and Christy thanks you. Go take a look at her gorgeous things. You won't be disappointed!



Now....
I know I've been lacking in the posts department lately...
BUT...
I have just gotten finished stitching and finishing 5 models for two of my favorite designers ;)
I've been finishing A LOT for my customers...oh my goodness...I've been busy!
but my stitching for me time has returned! 
I've already started two VERY HUGE samplers that I can't wait to share with you!
These will be my "focus" projects in the coming year.
Also, I've been receiving e-mails and texts about the 25 Days of Christmas with The Twisted Stitcher...and the answer is: YES! I'll be pulling out all the stops again for this Christmas Season. 

This 25 days...
 I'm focusing on ornaments that I've stitched through this year but I'm going to add something special. I get lots of e-mails about how I stitch, what products I use, etc. So I think perhaps each day (or maybe every other day) I'll be giving some tips on what brings me joy in my stitching. Maybe even a video blog or two. We will see what I have in store when the 25 days get here.

I'll have one more post before the 25 Days start...
that will get my faithful readers up to date on what has been going on with us here at the 'ol Pfeiffer Ranch.

Until then my friends...
 I'll be keeping my hands to work, my heart to God,
while treating my neighbors with kindness and respect 
and trying to be the best me I can be. 
It's hard, isn't it? 
And I stumble and I fall, but I pick myself up and remember:
To thine own self be true.
Loving my neighbor as myself 
because....
I want to BE the change I want to SEE in this world. 
Join me!

Love in stitches, 
Vonna xxxx

35 comments:

  1. Good to see your post this morning, Vonna! Look forward to reading your update on life at the Pfeiffer ranch. Off to check out your friend's Etsy shop.

    Robin in Virginia

    PS I am happy to hear that there will be a 25 Days of Christmas for 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooOoo! Excitement ahead! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ever since you first showed us your bottle trees two years ago, I've been adding more and more unusual sizes and shapes to my collection. And now I read we're going to be treated to another season of the 25 Days? WOW! That's the best early Christmas present ever! Thank you for finding the time to share so much with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to another season of your 25 Days of Christmas posts!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for the 25 days! Looking forward to it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's hard to find time to post and keep up with all the other social media let alone our busy lives. Good to hear from you Vonna and I'll be looking forward to your 25 days - I know that's a lot of work but it's much appreciated by your readers. Have a great hoilday season ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with the others, Vonna Thank you for doing the 25 days. I am looking forward to it. Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lady! So glad you're able to take time out to post. And I can't wait for Dec 1st! Something to look forward to. Thx for the most lovely Pocket Watch Necklace finish you did for me, my Friend. I gave that to my boss on Monday, and she loved it so much, she cried. I told her the whole story about that necklace. So appreciate your generosity in helping me with that entire project! Hope your family is doing well. Can't wait for your next blog. Of course I check for your postings most every day. ( - : Take care, and take a breath!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to see a post from you. Those little signs are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The little wood plaques are so cute--I checked out the etsy shop--lovely items!
    Can't wait for your 25 days! Fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you and your family are doing well. Looking forward to the 25 days of Christmas again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As Always such a pleasure to read your blog Vonna. I cannot imagine who you juggle work, family, stitching models, finishing, and all the many other things than you have in your life. I am looking forward to your 25 Days.

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for a nice post, looking forward to seeing all your stitching projects and models ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am looking forward to your 25 days until Christmas posts. Always an inspiration. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vonna, I am so looking forward to your 25 Days of Christmas posts! And, to see what two very huge samplers you have started! I will be checking out our friend's Etsy shop soon. I hope you have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I look forward to your 25 days of Christmas. Thanks for taking the time to share with us.
    You brighten my day !!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so thankful for your 25 days of Christmas! It's like an advent calendar for stitchers. I don't know how you find the time but I'm grateful that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So great to hear from you. I check all the time for posts too. Will really look forward to family update. So glad to see you are taking time for your own stitching too. We can follow along with your progress for sure. Can't wait to seep what you chose. 25 days - yippie!!! Thank you a zillion times over. Will need to get report to North Pole that Santa needs to be extra good to you this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. YAY!!!! Your back!!!!! Can't wait till the 25 days of Christmas...you ROCK IT every year.
    Chris (Florida)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Vonna, I really enjoy reading your posts and seeing your finishes. Can't wait to see what you have in store for the 25 days. What I remember about every post is the way you finish it. Those are words to live by and I try to remember them every day. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I knew this was the start of your very 'busy' season, but now we find out you WILL be doing the 25 Days of Christmas again!! I am so happy that you will be sharing with us again... I love to see your stitching and finishing! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I knew that this was the 'busy' time of year for you, but to read that you WILL be doing the 25 Days of Christmas again... wowee!! So excited and look forward to seeing the many projects you have managed to get done this year! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I want to be Christine…you know my desire to be your neighbor. She is SOOOO lucky! :-)
    I look forward to your 25 days and can't wait to see the huge samplers.
    I hope that you are finding some time to relax. You always have a ton on your plate, but you seem to get it done.
    Off to Christine's Etsy store.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Vonna, glad you are well. 25 days of tips sounds wonderful. We can always
    Learn.

    ReplyDelete
  25. OOOOOO - I'm so glad you are doing the 25 days - that is a gift to all your faithful readers. It's nice to look forward to some tips too in addition to your beautiful stitching and finishing. I'm trying to get up the nerve to try finishing Old Glory myself using your tutorial. we'll see if I can do it or not. Hope you keep on enjoying life and being a beacon of light in your family and your community - hugs Mel

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your friend looks so talented! Beautiful work! I'm looking forward to your 25 days. Yay! I know what one of your huge focus projects is -- saw it on instagram. And boy howdy, you pushed me over into the pushing that button stage. I bought the chart. lol! I need to get over to buy the DMC I don't have sometime. But I'm afraid of losing steam on my sweater, so I will probably hold off for a while at least. Thanks for the inspriation!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your friend's work is so lovely! I am looking forward to your 25 Days as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your friends work is so darling, Vonna! Creativity runs in your neighborhood :)

    You are so ambitious to tackle the 25 days project again--really looking forward to it! Hope your November is off a a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Looking forward to your 25 Days of Christmas. Love your stitching and finishing tips! Also, can't wait to see the samplers that you started.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I look forward to your 25 days of Christmas. I always look forward to your updates although I do not comment much.

    ReplyDelete
  31. So great to read that you are ready and willing to do another 25 days this year. I'm looking forward to it :)))

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh I just can't wait!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  33. Whatever you decide to do with your blog going forward MUST be something that you are comfortable with Vonna. I too am very thin-skinned and understand how hurtful negative comments can be. As you said you have very little Me Time, so you must spend it as you see best.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I do hope you keep your wonderful blog going, but you have to do what you think best. I just read your latest post and it makes me sad and a little mad that people can be so mean. I'm one of those people who take things people say a little too personal, but that is just the way I am. You are very talented and it's great that you want to share your talents with us. I consider you a friend even though I haven't met you...maybe someday I will! Keep up the good work and try to ignore the negative comments from those who have nothing better to do. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your posts are always so wonderful. I love your beautiful work and hearing your thoughts on life and being a great parent. I rarely leave a comment but I always read your blog. Looking forward to seeing the 25 Days of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher