Friday, May 22, 2015

The Sampler Tree...

~ Greetings Friends and a very warm Welcome to you! ~

Over the past few months....
I'm sure most of you have seen the releases of Little House Needleworks
"The Sampler Tree Ornaments"
I was blessed to be asked by Diane to stitch and finish these ornaments for this series.

Everyone knows...
how I love Christmas so they have been a joy to stitch. And I will be happy to stitch each of them again for my own someday "Sampler Tree".

In case you missed them, here they are in all their glory:
*photos used by permission from Little House Needleworks


"Old Colonial"

LHN Old Colonial



"Oh Christmas Tree"

LHN Oh Christma Tree



"Three Crowns"

LHN Three Crowns



"Christmas Rose"

LHN Christmas Rose



"Deer Valley Inn" 
*Funny note on this one. As I was stitching this, I told Diane that I started stitching the "inn" part first and I thought...this is going to be UGLY, because the thread combination threw me (the windows, window sills, color of the inn) When I got it done...and held it out and looked at it I was amazed, it was gorgeous! My favorite of the series to date. I love this one!

LHN Sweet Apples

and the newest release:
"Sweet Apples"

LHN Sweet Apples


Next Month's release is entitled "Peace" and would you know that I have no clue what it looks like?! HA HA HA! and I just stitched and finished it not that long ago. My brain is like a sieve. I process it and once its out of my hands its gone. Poof!

Presently....
I am working on the last 4 models for "The Sampler Tree" and then this series will be a wrap for me.

I am so enjoying it....
are you? If not you should be, because these are sweet designs. Quick to stitch, the Classic Colorworks threads used are gorgeous and repeat throughout the series so not much extra money is tied up. The finishing is simple. The designs are timeless and elegant.

See...
I have been stitching! Just a lot of things that are not for me to share! 

On a personal note....
I'd like to ask each of you a favor. I am a minister to the sick of our Parish. What that means is: I take the Eucharist, visit with them, pray with them and generally add support to them during their time of need. There is a lady that I have visited for the past four years in the nursing home. She is completely deaf, but lost her hearing late in life and she can read lips or she writes on a board. She has no trouble conversing with me and she says I am one person that she can easily read my lips. So to be honest, if you would come in the room when we are talking you wouldn't know she was deaf. We just talk like friends. Anyway, yesterday when I was with her, she told me she has been diagnosed with breast cancer and the tumor is very large. It has not been graded yet, options have not been discussed. But may I please ask of you to pray for healing for her and for a patient advocate that will guide her during this time and help her with all the many decisions she has facing her? I worry for her. She has never been married, has no children, she does have at least one sister, but I get the feeling that there is not many visits or help there - but I don't know that for a fact. All I know is that the nursing home sent a care taker with her to her first appointment, her sister was not there. She also suffers from severe arthritis and is unable to care for herself, therefore she is in the nursing home. Her name is Jan, prayers appreciated. And not to leave on such a down note, she looked at me yesterday and said: "I know that God will heal me!" and so He will, I know it too. That my friends is the true meaning of faith and the joy that resides inside that faith.

Until the next time my dear friends...
I will be keeping my hands to work, my heart to God while working on being the best I can be to myself and my neighbors. 
To thine own self be true....and loving my neighbor as myself. Mottoes for life!

Once again, daylight is burning and I have mountains to climb and rivers to fjord!
Hugs and love in stitches,
Vonna xxxx

49 comments:

  1. The Little House ornaments are beautiful and perfect for a sampler tree. Prayers, blessings and peace for your sweet friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stitching and finishing, Vonna. I'll be praying for Jan. I'm so glad that she has you to be a blessing in her life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you visit with Jan. My mother was deaf also, and our daughter is very hard of hearing. I am sending prayers for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers sent out for your friend. She is very blessed to have you in her life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Sampler ornaments are fantastic, Vonna! My favorite of the bunch so far is Deer Valley Inn. The deer wins it for me! I will be praying for your friend. What a blessing you are to her.

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful ornaments!
    What an awesome faith Jan has. I am praying for her.♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the ornaments, we bring communion to our members and it is a blessing for me and my DH. I will pray for her there are so many lonely people out there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your stitching is just perfect. I will keep you and your dear friend in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Sampler ornies are so pretty! Praying for your friend. It is so difficult when elderly people are diagnosed with a serious disease. Her sister may not visit often or at all because she may her own health problems to deal with.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. All wonderful Vonna!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the ornaments. You always do a great job. Dianne keeps designing the best.
    Prayers for your friend and your family. Have a great memorial day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous1:29 PM

    The stitchery is just so beautiful. And you are such a loving person to share your time and caring for your friend. My prayers are with her and I wish I could be there to hold her hand. What faith she has. She must have a heart of gold as do you

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish Jan well and send positive thoughts and prayers her way. I hope she does well over the coming weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I too love the Sampler Tree ornament series. Actually I've been stitching Three Crowns and just now got up to take a break and lo and behold here is a post about the ornaments. I love the thread color combinations, they are so pretty and blend together so nicely. And your finishes are gorgeous !! I've added Jan to my prayer list and will keep her in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jan will certainly be uplifted in my prayers. Thank you for touching so many hearts in so varied ways!

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a great post Vonna ! I saw your note about Jan on your FB page - how sad and to be basically alone facing all this. I hope God will be with her and with you for your ministry to these folks. You are an angel for all you do. OH MY GOSH - I didn't get to comment on your last post but I love the new "journey" piece by LHN - I'm glad to know you think the colors are even more vibrant in person - not that I don't love them already. I DO !!!!!! The sampler tree series looks great all laid out like you did. I only have 1 finished but I have been collecting them all and like you said the colors are great. Well - I hope you and your family are planning a good old fashioned Memorial Day weekend - have lots of fun and hope you have time for stitching - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love those little stitchy pieces. I will be praying for you and for those you visit and comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Vonna,
    I have already added Jan in my prayers (after seen your post on FB) and she's lucky to have you, you are so kind and I hope God is with you both eeach day.

    You know how I love the LHN ornaments 2015, your sitichings and finishings so simple but so beautiful, I have a question about the trim you used for them, where did you find them please ??

    You know and Diane also how I love her new design, I absolutely want to stitch it for our Diane, but unfortunately I don't stitch so faster than you, I never understand where you find time to stitch with your big and marvellous family, your big house, your dear husband and your work, are you Wonder Woman ??? ;-)

    Have a wonderful weekend with the Pentecost

    Hugs from France

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your sampler tree stitching.

    Do you think your friend would enjoy receiving a card. Please let me know.

    megratunion75dotcom

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the ornament series. I will keep Jan in my prayers. Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this series. Its so cute!

    Sending prayers and positive wishes to your friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the series you are stitching -- so pretty! lol about the house and the colors and it being your fave now. I will be saying prayers for your friend. And for you as well. You are such an amazing person.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's a great little series, I am stitching some of them. I will keep your friend in my prayers. I recently helped my step mom get settled in the nursing home and she is far from my home(she's in Alabama and I'm in Washington state). It was very difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous stitching, Vonna, as always, and, yes, of course, I will add Jan to my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sending prayers for Jan. :) Cathryn

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is such a beautiful series! Your stitching and finishing are excellent. I've got such a big wishlist right now, but this might sneak onto it :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. What beautiful stitching Vonna, and as always your finishing is just perfect. I will remember Jan in my prayers. You are so kind and I have no idea how you find the time to do all you do, what an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  28. What beautiful ornaments - I'll be looking for them. I am lifting up your friend right now praying for divine healing and strength and for lots of friendly and wise advisors to surround her. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the LHN projects too - everything Diane designs is wonderful and your stitching and finishing just make them perfect!!

    I will keep your precious friend, Jan, in my prayers too. I walk the 3-Day, 60 Mile Breast Cancer Walk every year (the3day.org) and I will walk in her honor! She is blessed to have your care and friendship - blessing to you both .

    ReplyDelete
  30. The series of ornaments are lovely as are your wonderful finishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great job on the model stitching and finishing them. Most definitely will send prayers for your dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  32. These ornaments are all so lovely but my particular favourite is Christmas Rose and I added that to my stash last month!

    Praying for your friend Jan.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I've just been catching up on your recent posts - I love seeing your stitching, of course, but it's really heartwarming to read about your family and follow along with all their doings. Congratulations on all the kids' achievements, which are obviously earned through hard work and dedication, not to mention parental support. I'm the mom of a scout and I'm vicariously proud of your new Eagles. Katie looks gorgeous and happy in her beautiful dress (love that color!) The new pantry and the organized work area must make such a difference - good advice about going through things now and then. I did that recently and found so much I'd forgotten. Last but not least I will certainly pray for Jan; having you in her life must be such a comfort. With all the things you already do it is wonderful that you carve out time to fit in visiting someone who really needs you. You are a good soul, Vonna.

    ReplyDelete
  34. So pretty Vonna. Sorry to hear about Jan. I will pray for her.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hey Vonna! You are absolutely the busiest person I know!! Are you cloned? On a more serious note I just want to express my thanks for the wonderful job you do with your blog. I enjoy reading it on a regular basis for inspiration, ideas, and just plain fun. You do excellent work and I love looking at everything you stitch and/or finish. You are truly a woman of God who can say "I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me". I have added Jan to my prayer list. Please keep us informed of her progress to total and complete healing!!

    Love, hugs, and prayers,
    denise

    ReplyDelete
  36. Prayers, certainly!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Sooo pretty can't wait to see more! An amazing gift God has blessed you with... Not everyone can minister in this way but it takes so much strength and faith on your part too... To help people and stand along side of them on the journey God has planned for them... I admire you. My prayer time each day will have both you and Jan in it. And yes ... In Gods plan Jan will be healed and free of this. Please don't ever stop this ministry it is soooo important.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I'm just so envious of your work. Its just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  39. So good to hear from you Vonna. You're such a busy lady. Hope all is well with the family. Your stitching is lovely as usual and I'm headed to the shop tomorrow to see about a few of these patterns. We are praying for Jan's healing and for you as well. May the love of the Holy Spirit guide you as you help Jan thru this tough time. Blessings!
    ana

    ReplyDelete
  40. Jan is in my thoughts. I think it is horrible that any woman over the age of 80 ever has to worry about breast cancer!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love the ornaments! And of course I will keep Jan in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I will keep her in my prayers for sure!! Jan is so lucky to have you to share life with
    Love your stitching

    ReplyDelete
  43. I go away and come back to see that your blog has exploded! :) But in a good way, of course, because I loved reading all the updates. You have every right to be proud of your children because you and your husband are certainly doing a fantastic job bringing them up in this crazy world! They are also learning compassion through your example of helping the sick. Helping others is definitely one of your spiritual gifts, and that comes from your great empathy for others.

    Enjoyed seeing all of your beautiful stitching and creative cookie endeavors! And happy anniversary to you and your honey.....looks like a match made by the One who loves you most! :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oh Vonna, all these ornametns are so wonderful, so beautifully stitched and finished. And I really can't say which would be my favourite. First I was leaning towards the Crown, then towards Deer Inn, then .... you can see the pattern: impossible to say which is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Thins is a great little series. The Christmas Tree is my favourite, I love the garland round the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  46. The ornament series is wonderful!

    Prayers will be offered for Jan. How blessed she is to have you in her life.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love all of your beautiful stitching, finished so wonderfully! Thank you for sharing!!!
    You are a good friend to Jan, and she will be remembered in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  48. The ornaments are beautiful!! I love that series. And I just wanted to say that you are the most wonderful person! I love coming to visit your blog because you are never saying mean words or complaining about anything, and I strive to live my life more like you live yours. Hugs to you and I hope your friend is doing well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher