Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Spring....

~Greetings and Warm Wishes ~
to all my blogging friends and stitching buddies....
I hope that this drive-by post finds you all well!

Do you ever feel like...
you meet  yourself coming and going? I do. Some days I don't know how I keep all my balls I'm juggling in the air. But when I sit and think about it, I do know. It is only by the grace of God. I am so blessed to be healthy and able. So blessed. I won't complain about being busy. But I am busy, dreadfully so. So much so that I'm going to be honest and say...I think I've had a panic attack (or four) lately. I've got long lists to do and push through and it seems like I'm a magnet and stuff keeps falling in my plate. But I'm going to get it all done and I'm going to do it with a smile on my face and peace in my heart...one way or another!

:)


*********

Lots has happened to our little family since we last were together...
My paternal grandmother - Frances Eleanor Epperson passed away at 95 years young with not a gray hair on her head. (and she didn't color her hair!) I spent every Sunday at my Grandma and Grandpa Epperson's house when I was growing up. I have very fond memories of her. I was her first grandchild and the only girl until her last grandchild was born 13 years later and was a girl too. 

She taught me many things in life, but the best was to be honest, stay busy, stand firm in your faith, be a good wife and mother and her favorite parting words - remember you are an Epperson. She was all those things and more. She made darn good fried chicken, persimmon pudding, strawberry icebox jam (that she always put on our ice cream) and out of this world caramel corn. She loved cats and I loved her. Rest in the arms of your savior Grandma. 

Grandma and Grandpa Epperson

~My Grandpa and Grandma Epperson on their wedding day~


***********

St. Patrick's Day came...
and I baked cookies for more practice! Katie helped me decorate them this time and I think we did a good job! We had fun!!

St. Paddy Day Cookies



Jacob was honored as a Panther Plus Award Winner which means he is recognized as a leader in the classroom. Way to go JAKE!

Jake Panther Plus Award


Spring Break had us going huntin'...
for a prom dress that is...here are the girls on Girls Day Out at the Cheesecake Factory, right before we bagged the dress!
I won't show a picture of Katie yet...but all I can say is: BEAUTIFUL!

Me and the girls


I finally *finished*...
my very first punch needle project. This is:


"My Black Hen"
by Teresa Kogut
and I just finished it into this door knob hanger this afternoon.My Black Hen Punch Needle

I used jute twine as the edging, after I made it into twisted cording...
My Black Hen Jute Edge

I added the sweet little black gingham bow :)
My Black Hen _ Teresa Kogut
and hung it on my NEW Pantry door!
My Black Hen on our pantry door

Yep! we had a pantry built in our kitchen...
we needed one 9 years ago, but better late than never!


all finished, but we are just waiting on the paint to cure :)



An exciting (for me) thing happened this month....
I was featured in a British Cross Stitch Magazine as a "Stitching Star" in the April Edition of 
"Cross Stitch Collection"! 
That made me smile, I've never been given the nod before from a public arena. 
~ Thank you Cross Stitch Collection Editors! ~

Magazine Shot


Whew...I'm exhausted writing about all this...
but I think (for the most part) I'm done with the "stuff" that has gone on in the last few weeks.
What's coming up?

Well Ian and Jacob...
are soon to have their Eagle Scout Court of Honor on May 3, 2015!
This is their "formal" Eagle Scout portrait that I took for their invitations and also for their large portrait that will be on display at their Court of Honor reception that I am hosting. 
~ I'm going to be completely honest here ~

I'm so proud of them I could bust.
I love them so and I know all parents adore their children so probably isn't a news flash or anything :)
I know they aren't the first kids to make Eagle Scout, certainly aren't the last. They aren't the best kids or the most talented or, etc. etc.
But they are my kids.
I've lived my whole adult life for them and my heart is so full with the blessings that they are to me that I just want to shout it to the world. I love them with my whole heart and I am so proud. 
My babies...

Ian and Jacob Eagle Scout Invitation

So with this looming on the horizon...
I have invitations to send (they are already made (by me) and ordered)
See all those badges? We bought them again and I am framing them (myself) for them as a gift for their accomplishment. That's on the list of "to do's"
make 300 cupcakes
make 300 iced decorated cookies (only one more "practice" coming up here at Easter)
make the decorations for the reception
make the food for the reception
I've got lists people...lots and lots of lists....

:)

Thank you for hanging with me! I've not had much stitching of my own to share. But I sure have been busy finishing for other people. If you are on Facebook look up my Finishing Service page where I update what I've been working on in my finishing studio. There have been lots of lovely stitches that people have stitched and I have finished. Or you can just look above in the Finishing Service tab above which links to my Flickr album. Gain some inspiration!

Until next time...
may I be the first to wish you a most blessed Easter Sunday!
I am actually off work this year. Which is the first Easter Sunday I've been off since Ellie was a baby. So I am planning up a big shindig with the family! 
There WILL BE iced cookies so stay tuned :)

I'll be keeping my hands to work and my heart to God, just like always...
join me!
Love in Stitches,
Vonna xxxx








45 comments:

  1. Wow, I am tired from reading your post! :) Congratulations to Ian and Jacob on their upcoming Eagle Scout Court of Honor ceremony! Wishing you and yours a very blessed Easter!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a real blessing to be so busy for such worthy reasons. You always astound me with the depth of your industry. My condolences on your recent loss. Just keep swimming Vonna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the mention! I'm sure the reception will be a huge success and your sons already are! Anxious to see the prom dress. Happy Easter - enjoy your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to your sons, such an honor. I went shopping for a prom dress with my granddaughter (they're expensive). Love your stitching, you inspire me so don't worry about us- we miss you but you need to come first sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vonna, congrats on your mention in the cross stitch magazine. I wish I lived closer so I could help with your party prep. Your lists are making me tired. ;-)You should be very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was just about to send you an e-mail to say howdy neighbor! Glad all is well with the exception of your nana. Sending hugs your way...Congratulations to Katie for the prom and the boys for such an outstanding accomplishment. Looking forward to pictures of the beautiful miss Katie, the boys and the reception. God's blessings to you and the family this Easter. HE IS RISEN! ana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love to read your post today...I can feel your pride..... hugs toyou and your family....Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to read your update and hear about all that's going on. Condolences and congratulations all in a short time - may you enjoy all the prep and especially the evening of the Eagle ceremony!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to the boys for getting their Eagle. I know you will feel very proud when you receive your mother's Eagle pin. I often wear mine on my needlework nametag. Hubby and I were so proud of our son when he received his Eagle. It actually helped him get a college scholarship. We also made sure that he stayed in Scouts until his 18th birthday so he could pass things on (as well as enjoying Philmont and other opportunities).
    COngrats.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the magazine article! I have the issue that it was in and thought that was really cool.

    My deepest condolences on the loss of your grandmother. Prayers sent to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All the wonderful family activities. My kids are grown and gone. I once heard a sermon on being a mother and the minister said one secret was to enjoy each part as it comes. You are in a busy part right now. I am enjoying a much quieter time. Coffee dates with my wonderful grown daughter are a joy but I then come home to my DH and lots of stitching time. We are all blessed! A lovely tribute to your Grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh, you are so busy!!!!!
    Condolences on your loss, such a wonderful photo your Grandparents xx
    Congratulations to your boys on their Eagle Scout achievements, you must be so proud, and congrats on the magazine mention.
    Wishing you and your family a Happy Easter, have fun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. che belli i nonni e che soddisfazione essere pubblicata sulla rivista, brava!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow very busy Vonna. Lovely post. Beautiful family. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. No wonder you had panic attacks with all that activity and responsibility. I don't know how you do so much in your life. Makes me feel like a slug! Condolences on your grandmother's passing. And congrats on all you and your family. have accomplished. Those cookies are incredible and I love the little punch needle piece.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What fun times for you and your family - you'll have a treasure of memories to keep forever. I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved grandmother. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yikes Vonna ! Hope you get to relax a little after your big party is over ! Love your punch needle hen ..so cute ! You are going to love having a pantry ! I don't know what we would do without ours! Congrats to your boys .. Can't wait to see the prom pics!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome! Your sons are such fine, young men. Take time to breathe Vonna!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Easter to you and your beautiful family, Vonna . You have every reason to be proud of your boys attaining Eagle Scout....it is a great accomplishment. My son and grandson are Eagle Scouts and I too was busting with pride and love for them:) So sorry for the loss of Grandma .....they looked like a very handsome couple and so very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You did a great job on those cookies! They must be time consuming!

    Congrats on finishing your punchneedle piece!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous12:48 PM

    Congratulations on the boys becoming Eagle scouts! My son is our family's first Eagle and I am so proud of him. I can identify with joy you feel. It is a great honor and a huge achievement! Diana

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sorry for your loss. A nice long life and she will always be with you. You have a lot going on. The cookies look yummy. I can't wait to see the dress. A new pantry, you have to love that. Happy
    Easter Vonna.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your grandmother sounds like an amazing woman, Vonna--how wonderful that she lived to be 95 (and no gray hair--I wish I had her genes!!). Love your cookies--how cute they turned out. Hopefully, Katie will help with the 300 that you'll be making for the court of honor. I didn't have to do any baking when my son got his Eagle Scout rank... I do know how very proud you are of your twins--not everyone makes it that far in Scouting.

    Love the punchneedle and your magazine article--well deserved to be recognized by the editors :) You will love that new pantry so much--don't know how we ever got along without ours!

    Please don't overdo it--panic attacks can be very upsetting and scary. Have only had one about 15 years ago, but that was enough... Best of luck with your Court of Honor baking--wish I was closer--I would help out :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am so sorry for the loss of your dear grandmother. My condolences to you and your family. Congrats on your new pantry and the showcase article in Cross Stitch Collection! I will have to look for that issue in Barnes and Noble.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dear friend, I'm exhausted just reading all that! I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Congrats to the boys and I can't wait to see the dress you girls found. I hope you all have a wonderful Easter and you go girl on those cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's wonderful that your grandmother lived such a long life and that you were close and learned so much from her. I know you will miss her a lot. Your children have lots going on with lots of accomplishments, you are right to be a proud Mom!
    Love the cookies, great job with the decorating. I would like to try that sometime, but I think I'm a little too unsteady for that much detail work. The needle punch looks great too. You have been a very busy lady. Just take a deep breath and stay calm. I've had those attacks before and they are a bit unsettling. Hope things will slow down for you and you can relax with some stitching. It's always so relaxing for me when I can stitch for a while.
    Happy Spring! Take care of yourself.
    Oh, how neat to be featured in the magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Forgot to ask you about the primitive candle holder on your mantel in the first pic with your son. I have one of those battery operated candles and would like to find a holder like that. Do you happen to remember where you found it. Thanks for the info. Hugs, Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  28. always lots going on in your life Vonna - congrats on the accomplishments of the eagle scouts - not many young men are following that honored path these days and they should be commended. I hope you and your family have a most blessed holy week - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  29. My sympathies on your recent loss, but congratulations on some very accomplished children. Prayer and God's blessings to you. Thank you for sharing your trials and joys.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sorry for the loss of your grandmother but what great life lessons she passes on to you.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely to read all your news. I'm so sorry about your grandmother's passing. She sounds like a lovely lady -- I know you will miss her. Hope you don't feel too overwhelmed by all you have to do. I like your can-do attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I always enjoy your posts and the updates on your children. You are truly blessed with a wonderful family. Congratulations to you on your magazine article; so special.
    Happy Spring and Easter. Enjoy your time with family and have fun making all the cookies !!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow! I think Ellie looks just like her great-grandmother! What a blessing that your children got to know her....not many can say they knew their great-grandmother. My grandmother passed away 28 years ago and I still miss her. Grandmothers are such special people!

    Enjoy your Easter Sunday AT HOME!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Those cookies are so adorable! Wonderful photo of your grandparents... my condolences on your loss. She sounds like a great lady. Congrats to your kids on their accomplishments. And kudos on your first punch needle finish. I did once a couple years ago and it hurt my hand so much I haven't wanted to do another.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I am so sorry for your loss. Your grandmother sounds like a wonderful woman.

    On the other hand . . . you have so many joyful things too. So proud of your boys on making Eagle! ALL THOSE BADGES!!!! Congrats to them (and to your and your DH).

    Hugs and a very happy to you and all the Pfeiffer family!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Vonna: I am sad for your loss.
    Congratulations on the article in the magazine article, wow oh wow.
    Congratulations to the Eagle Scouts Ian and Jacob.
    It is so nice to see young men accomplish so much.
    Love your punch needle, I need to try this one time.

    Happy Blessed Easter
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow, how do you do it all? I know you are so proud of all your children, congratulations to your Eagle Scouts. I will be working night shift Saturday and Sunday nights, so not much Easter celebrating going on in this house. Maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a wonderful family you have brought up! You are right to be proud of them. Your grandparents look like film stars on their wedding day. Sorry to hear of your loss.
    You and Katie did a wonderful job with those cookies. And congratulations on your mention in CSC!
    Huge congratulations to your boys on their fantastic Scouting achievements.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow! You and you family have been busy. Congratulations on the magazine article. Wishing you a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  40. The Cookies look yummy !!! Congrats on the article & your family is just lovely - as always !!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Congratulations on your Eagle Scouts! That is amazing to have two sons both earn that rank. Take care of yourself Vonna. Don't allow life to overwhelm you - it is not good for your family or yourself! So sorry to read of the loss of your Grandmother. She sounds as though she was a wonderful role model and loving woman.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Whew! Sounds crazy busy. So sorry about your grandmother passing, may she rest in peace. Good luck and have a lovely Easter :D

    ReplyDelete
  43. Vonna, condolences on the passing of your grandmother but you were so blessed to have her for so long. Such a lovely family you have and you are justifiably proud of them. Boy, are you busy and I know so well what that is like so please remember to take some time out for yourself as well. Happy Easter to you and your lovely family.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Vonna, I'm so sorry about the loss of your Grandma. She sounds like a wonderful woman and much like my own Grandma in that she had a lot of wonderful influence in your life. You sound so busy but it's all a good busy! How exciting about your sons! That's quite an accomplishment! Your cookies and your punch needle project are gorgeous. I hope your Easter was blessed! He is risen!

    Many blessings - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  45. My condolences to you on the loss of your Grandma. Your punch needle looks great! Great picture of you and your girls! And congrats to your boys! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher