Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Vonna's 2014 End of Year Review...

~ Greetings and Warm Welcome Friends ~

Here we are on the cusp of a New Year and I can say that myself and my family have been sincerely blessed. There has been "issues" along the road of life, but that is just the seasoning that is added along the path that makes us who and what we are. Forged in fire and strong as steal!

I've gotten very lovely, most sincere letters, cards and e-mails over the past year from many of you and I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart! You do not know how much joy each word, each kindness that has been shown to me and mine brings to me. Thank you!

In 2014 I have...
stitched and finished or framed -  58 items...down from 65 items in 2013.

Highlights in 2014 include:
finished stitching and finishing the Calendar Girls from Little House Needleworks
began stitching and finishing for a new series ~ My Sampler Tree  by Little House Needleworks
began stitching and finishing for a new series ~ Classic Collection Ornament by Country Cottage Needleworks
stitched and finished the 2014 Just Cross Stitch Special Ornament Issue ornaments submitted by Little House Needleworks and Country Cottage Needleworks

I am honored that Diane and Nikki entrust me with their beautiful designs and allow me to bring them to life. Thank you to you both!

Last year I wrote...
in my 2013 year end review, that I really only had one cross-stitching goal and that was to work toward a Prairie Schooler tree. Well, I met that goal! Of course it is a work in process as is everything in life.

For me in 2015 I want to....
in my personal life: 
Continue to work on my health, by daily exercise and dieting. 
That is forever going to be on my list each year
I have started a prayer journal, as I spoke about in my previous post. I want to work on a closer relationship with my God. I want to work on me spiritually. And as I asked before, if you have a special prayer request, please e-mail me privately (my e-mail address is under the picture of a mailbox in the sidebar) and I will write the name(s) and intentions in my journal and pray every day for the answer that God will provide. Miracles are worked every day through prayers.
  Ask and you shall receive, knock and it shall be opened.
I want to become a better "pray-er" in 2014.
Nothing is impossible with God.
I've had a tremendous response from my previous posting, but I know there are still souls out there that need prayer, that are thirsting for answers. E-mail me and get those intentions in my journal and help me in my spiritual journey by helping you.
It is in giving that we receive.

in my cross stitching life:
I want to stitch for my very own "Sampler Tree" which I discussed at length HERE, on Day 19
I want to continue stitching for my Prairie Schooler Tree
I want to continue to stitch ornaments for our main tree
 I want to stitch at least one large project
I want to compete in the 2015 Monroe County Fair
and 
I want to have fun stitching :)

In closing...
I have one more thing to share with you. I've been asked on multiple occasions how do I cross stitch, so I made a quick video on my technique that I have developed over the years. I stitch using the Needlework System 4. I have the floor stand, the lap stand and two Q-snap heads. I have stitched using these products for many years (since 2007). So I stitched two handed and I never turn my needle, therefore the floss does not twist. If I am stitching something for judging, I will use a laying tool, but most of the time I stitch just as I show on this video.


I guess...
this is my first "Vlog" :)

That does it for 2014!!
May 2015 bring us all what we dream and aspire to!
In the meantime...
I'll be keeping my hands to work and heart to God, just like always!
Join me!

Love in stitches, 
Vonna xxxx

50 comments:

  1. Vonna, that video is so cool! I loved hearing your voice. :) Lets me know you a bit more. tee hee! And that is a technique I will try out now. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vonna GREAT video!!! I do hope you make more videos as this one taught me something new. Great to hear your voice. :)

    HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and yours Vonna.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great video, I needed that suggestion. I am off to cross stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great video. Congrats on completing so many projects and meeting your goals. Best of luck on meeting next year's goals. Thank you for another year of your wonderful blog and tutorials. Wishing you and your family a Blessed and Happy 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super vid!! I never thought of not turning my needle..... and I do hate those twisties. Gonna give it a try........

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely love that video and to hear you talk too .... never seen how you stitch before but it makes sense to me ... love your goals and you have stitched sooo many gorgeous things I am sure we can forgive you for being down on last year ...lol .... you are wayyyyy in front of me .. I managed 22 this year ... wishing you a wonderful stitchy new year and that you achieve what you set out to do for the new year ((hugs)) love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. May peace and love be with you in the coming year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great accomplishments and great goals. I also want to improve my health (weight) and improve my spiritual relationship. looking forward to following you in 2015

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful post, Vonna - and I loved the video! I pray you'll have a blessed, healthy new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is nearly 2015 here in the uk so I will save your video until 2015:-)
    Wishing you all a very happy healthy New Year Vonna.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wishing you and yours a Happy and Safe New Year. I know you will do well with your prayer journal.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Vonna,

    Thanks so much for this great hint, will have to try it.
    Happy days.
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year to you and your loved ones!
    Thank you for your video... You're right it's easier to see what you mean than to try and imagine it. Interesting technique and I am going to try that one today :)
    Your commitments for 2015 are great... health and weight are always at the top of my list... But I failed again last year... So 2015 has to be the year that I commit to that goal and stick to it!!!
    All the best for 2015. I look forward to reading your posts again next year.... And seeing your beautiful stitching and finishing :)
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Blessings to you in 2015. I enjoyed your 25 days of Christmas again this year. I appreciate all the work you do on a daily basis to do this for us. It is always a pleasure to view your beautiful stitching. Thanks.

    Judy Heartland stitcher

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year, Vonna! Wishing you all your heart's desires in 2015. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Why have I never asked you about that? I am constantly twisting my threads! Thx so much for showing us that! That will save lots of frogs and time! And...loved, loved, loved hearing your voice.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post, and I enjoyed your video. I have to remember -- don't turn the needle! But I usually stitch in hand and I do the sewing method. Next time I use a frame, I'm going to do it your way! Happy 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great video! So wonderful to see it in motion. I have to say I don't turn my needles now because I use the John James twin pointed needles with the eye in the middle! :) Happy New Year to you and yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great video, Vonna, and lovely to hear you!!, never tried that technique, so will give it a go.
    You've had a fantastic stitchy year, so many beautiful pieces finished.
    Just want to say Happy New Year to you and your lovely family and wish you health and happiness for 2015.
    Much love to you all
    Linda O xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy New Year, Vonna! I really enjoyed watching your "vlog" and that's how I stitch, too. I have a beautiful stand and it makes stitching so much easier! I did learn to turn my needle the other way to go down and up. I was going down with the eye and my thread would sometimes twist so I think going down with the point would solve that. Thank you for all your encouragement to me this year as I went through so much. I can't tell you how much it meant to me and I am grateful for your wise counsel in some of the things I went through, too. God has blessed me so much with wonderful online friends, including you.

    God bless you - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you Vonna you have taught me something new for the new year:-) going to give it a go hopefully no more twisted thread...best wishes for the year ahead. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  22. I wish you and your family a Happy New Year! May all your wishes come true!

    Cathi

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you for the video, very helpful. I hate when my thread is twisted. It was so nice to hear your voice......it is very kind just like I knew it would be :)
    Happy New Year and may it be another wonderful year of stitching !!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I learned something new today .. I didn't even know it was possible to come up eye first ! It was fun to hear your voice :) make us some more videos :) !! Happy New Year Vonna ! Love seeing all you accomplish !

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dear Vonna! Happy New Year and thank you so much for another lovely blog entry! It is so funny that I as I was reading this one, I thought to myself how much I would like to be able to see how you actually stitch...and then there was your video! :) I pray you are greatly blessed in 2015 and that the Lord continues to draw you ever closer to Him!

    Kristina in FL

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hmmm... what an interesting technique--have never seen that before, but will give it a try :) Fun to hear your voice, Vonna--to me, you have a little bit of a pretty southern accent (but then, I have a western New York "twang" as they say!!)...

    You've had a wonderful year of stitching and fun family memories--hope this new year is even better for you! Happy 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You are the first I have seen or heard stitch like this, interesting technique. A wonderful year of stitching.

    Wishing you a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  28. As always we all appreciate you!!!! Love your technique of stitching and I will begin to use it. Thank you sweet lady!!! You are simply the best! May 2015 be a true blessing to you, your family and loved ones!! Chris

    ReplyDelete
  29. Glad to find your blog in 2014 and look forward to seeing your new projects in 2015. You and other stitchers have inspired me over the past month to stitch more and to work on many of the kits I have had for....a while! Best wishes for a happy and healthy 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Just read your blog and watched your video , interesting technique. I'll try that on my wip(s). Happy New Year and many well wishes for you and yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great job on your PS tree, and I am sure your Sampler Tree will be as lovely! I had my fewest number of finishes this year. I just need to work on finding balance! All best to you in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Have a wonderful and healthy 2015 with your family full of stitching and family activities.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hope this is the first of many videos! Thanks so much and happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Vonna. It was fun to see your video and hear your voice. I may have to try your technique!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Happy New Year Vonna, thanks for the video it was great to hear your voice. You have so many nice suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love you blog and your love and dedication shine through! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  37. You have had an amazing year of stitching. Thanks so much for the video. I am going to try that method. As I have said before, you are an inspiration to me in my stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow! I learn something new every time I visit, keep it up. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Happy New Year, dear Vonna, and all the luck and health and hapiness for 2015!
    I am so much looking forward to watch how you will reach every goal you set for you, because I am sure you will!
    Thank you for sharing your wonderful stitchings and your wonderful life with us!

    Hugs
    Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  40. Happy New Year Vonna and thanks for visiting my blog. I love the way to stitch, I am going to give that a go. I use a trolleyneedle when I stitch so the threads lay nice and flat. Looks like your methods can do without one.
    Happy Stitching,
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  41. As always, your blog has inspired me...I watched your "vlog" (loved hearing your voice) and tried your technique this morning. I thought that it would seem odd to me (doing something different than I'm use to) but it was easy and worked like a charm...thanks for sharing!
    I hope that you and your family have a healthy and happy 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Thank you for the vlog. I have been cross-stitching for more years than I want to admit. I am in my 80's. I never had the sense to discover what you have in getting the thread to lay without using a laying tool. That is brilliant! I did 2 11x 13 and 2 16x20 this year. So much time I would have saved doing it your way. Thank you and share other hints with us, please. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  43. oh, that was so nice of you to show us your stitching method, and thank you for all the inspiring finishes!
    your trees must be delightful, and an ever growing pleasure, I'm sure. Happy New Year!
    chiara

    ReplyDelete
  44. Twisting the needle is a bother, so THIS is GREAT! It is going to be utilized very shortly... Happy 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Wishing you a wonderful 2015 Vonna! What a great recap and goals for the upcoming year.
    Thanks for sharing your stitching technique. It is always great to see a different way of doing things!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Your video is so helpful, Vonna. Thanks for the great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  47. After 33 years stitching, I had never thought of doing that....I'm going to have to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Thanks for the vlog! Very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  49. That is so fascinating! I've been cross stitching for over 20 years and never, once considered stitching that way. Really cool. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  50. You are one busy lady! And I hope you plan on making more videos!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher