Thursday, December 25, 2014

Day 25...

~ Greetings and Warm Welcome to the 25th and final day of ~ 

My family and I have "prepared" the way...
as Mark writes in his Gospel:
"Prepare the way for the Lord, make straight your paths for Him.."

Just as God sent the great prophet John the Baptist to make the way for the coming of the Lord, sending him out to urge the people to confess their sins, do penance and be baptized; so have my family and I prepared. Confessing our sins, doing penance, caring for others, praying... turning our minds to what truly matters in life.

And today, He, whom we have long awaited has come!

As foretold by the message of an angel....
to a young Jewish woman who's fiat changed the course of world history 
and the stoic Jewish man who took his charge from heaven to be the foster father of God the son. 

Whom angels rejoiced, shepherds watched, nature sang and Kings from the Orient came to admire.
(the Christmas Pageant at our church last evening with all the little angels and shepherds)

The coming of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

My Ian who was St. Joseph

And the Word was made Flesh!

Jesus came to earth to teach us the way to eternal life. He gave us the greatest commandment of all:

LOVE

Love your neighbor as yourself.  Seems so very simple...yet so very hard to truly do. I struggle with this, although I strive, I still struggle, for I am just a poor sinner.
 I believe that in this world people are thirsting. Thirsting for genuine honesty, hospitality and love. You can find that...if you search within your heart. You can find it. 

Jesus came to teach us love.
 Love. 
Yes, sounds so very simple, yet, so very hard. 

It is so very hard to feel kindness, to feel love toward others when:
your feelings are hurt
 injustices are done towards you or your family
you just can't seem to get ahead
nothing seems to go your way
you lose your job
you feel lost
you feel alone
you do for others, yet they don't do for you
you try your best, yet still others persecute you, 
or say what you have done, what you are, is not good enough
the list could go on...
Sound familiar?

 So very hard to deny ego. To deny self. 
So very hard.

 Yet, we are charged to love:
with our whole heart, 
our whole mind and 
our whole soul.

That is why He came.
That is what He asks.
For God so loved the world, that He sent His only Son.

Love for my neighbor, for those far and wide is what I strive for and will continue to strive for until I am no more. Peace within our heart. Humility. Thankfulness. All of these can be ours because of the one little word: Love.
 The road is rocky, the road is long, the road is tough. 

But LOVE is the answer to all our problems.

Wouldn't this old,weary world rejoice again, rejoice anew if we but followed His one simple commandment?

LOVE. Will you?

And because the world needs it I shall pray an old Catholic favorite prayer of mine which invokes the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary, that Jewish woman that DID choose love, for it was her choice to make. It was not thrust upon her, it was her choice and she chose it. And He loved her so, His mother, that He listens to her requests in our favor.

The Memorare
O most gracious Virgin Mary, 
that ever was it known, 
that anyone who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help or sought thy intercession was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence, 
I fly unto thee, O Virgins of Virgins my mother.
To thee I come, before thee I stand,
sinful and sorrowful.

O mother of the word incarnate, 
despise not my petition but in thy mercy hear and answer me.
Amen.


May the world find love this Christmas day and always.
May it be so!

Merry Christmas!!
and a hearty thanks to all those that have followed the 25 Days and have written so many wonderful comments or written to me so many wonderful e-mails, notes, cards and have shared my walk awaiting this most holy day!

My most sincere thanks and love to each of you,
I lit a candle for a friend's friend who is in need, and four little candles on the bottom left hand corner. Do you see them?


Three of those were lit in honor of some very dear friends of mine. The fourth candle was lit in honor of all of you, my friends who come here, visit with me, love me for who I am. My prayer for you last evening at Christmas Mass, when I lit these candles, was for us all to Love each other as we love ourselves, as He loves us.

With Love on this most blessed day!
Vonna xxxx

45 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed each one of your 25 days Of Christmas posts. Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas and new Year, Vonna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing the 25 days of Christmas. I enjoyed each and every post.
    Wishing you and your family a blessed Christmas Day. Enjoy !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you and your family. I have enjoyed your 25 days of Christmas posts. What an inspiring post each day.
    On my way to enjoy Christmas morning with my daughter and two grandkids. Then this afternoon with the rest of my small family with fun, food and gifts.
    Happy New Year and many hours of stitching and family life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your 25 days of Christmas posts. I have enjoyed them all. Happy Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful post Vonna. Thank you so much for your 25 Days of Christmas! You are such an inspiration. Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas and the very best for 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas to the Pfeiffers from the Matejceks. What a lovely post! I hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Your words of love are so greatly appreciated. If we all could only realize that if we love each other the world would be a much better place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas!!! Thank you for the joy and love you give to all of us....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vonna,

    I have enjoyed your 25 days of Christmas. I am also a Catholic and your post this morning awas very beautiful and moving to me. Thanks for starting my day off on the right note. P.S. I have enjoyed all your ornaments and finishes that you have shared. You are one creative lady.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have really enjoyed your Christmas post, as I do all your post. Thank you for taking the time for this. I enjoy hearing about your family, etc too. I think you have a lovely heart, Vonna. I said a prayer for you and your family too. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year...always remember the reason for the season.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vonna, thank you for your message today! It truly reminds us of "the reason for the season." I enjoy following your blog, even though I don't comment as often as I should. You are an inspiration. I hope you enjoy your Christmas Day with your family, and that you have a happy, healthy 2015. I look forward to seeing what you'll be stitching in 2015!

    Terri G.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Merry Christmas! I have so enjoyed your 25 days of Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Merry Christmas Vonna. Each day was a special surprise. May you and your family have a blessed day and a blessed new year to come.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love you Vonna! Merry Christmas. I have thoroughly enjoyed each and every post. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Merry Christmas! I have so enjoyed your 25 days of Chtistmas. And thank you for all the love you give each day. Wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for your 25 days--if only the feelings generated this day of the year could last all 365! Many blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your "25 days of Christmas" were such joy for all of us; I know that I looked forward to it each day. It took commitment on your part to do this with all that you have going on each day, but I truly enjoyed your sharing, love, and encouragement. May you be blessed each and every day. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Merry Christmas Vonna. I enjoyed your 25 days and enjoy reading whenever you do post.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you, Vonna.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So beautiful. I have so enjoyed your daily christmas posts and although sad to see the 25th come so soon so excited to see what the new year brings forth. Thank you for sharing your heart and home with us. We love you too!

    Merry, Merry Christmas from our home to yours!

    ana

    ReplyDelete
  21. I always look forward to your blog posts. Today's post was especially uplifting...thank you! I am having a difficult time and those words I needed to read. God bless you and your family! Hugs, Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are one of the most genuinely loving, caring, compassionate individuals that I have ever known ~ I am thankful to be able to call you a dear friend! Thank you for all of the PRs :-) and support you lend me when I reach out. Thank you for ALL that you share, and teach us, through your blog all year.

    Have an amazing day with your beautiful family. <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you for another wonderful 12 days this year. What a lovely and touching post. You said it just perfectly. Thank you and Happy Holidays to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  24. A very Merry Christmas to you and your family!! May God bless you abundantly on this day and always!

    Blessings - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Vonna, thank you for the 25 days of Christmas!! I loved seeing all of your creations and seeing your family. Thank you for sharing your traditions and faith. I hope you continue your blogging in 2015, you are very talented and inspire me to create!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Dear Vonna, thank you so much for your blog. It has touched my heart to see your love for your beautiful family.....and to see your children grow into such capable and wonderful people. I have been so inspired by the quality of your cross stitching and the clever and creative ways that you finish your creations. May you have a blessed and prosperous 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Merry Christmas Vonna and Family
    Love this post, how wonderful for Ian to be Joseph, what an honor, and the Memorare is such a beautiful prayer.

    Merry Christmas from our home to yours.

    Catherine and Michael

    ReplyDelete
  29. Vonna, tears fell as I read. This is a most beautiful post. God bless you and yours and thank you for sharing everything you all are. I am blessed. Love, Cathryn

    ReplyDelete
  30. Vonna, thank you for the words. I don't think there were ever any truer words spoken. I try and fail each day. As soon as I hit a traffic jam, I forget. Anyway thank you for all your beautiful and inspiring posts this Advent season and may the Lord bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Just wonderful! I've so enjoyed your 25 Days, not just the ornaments but you allowing us into your home, family and life. That takes courage and has brought me lots of joy. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Merry Christmas Vonna! Can we have 25 more days :) ??!!?? Lol ! Its been so fun seeing all your posts and boy do I feel like a slacker seeing how much you have done this year! WOW !

    ReplyDelete
  33. Merry Christmas from our family to yours with a special thank you for reminding all of us the true reason for the season!

    ReplyDelete
  34. God bless you all! I hope your Christmas was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Merry Christmas Vonna! Enjoyed the 25 Days that you so graciously posted each day for us! Thanks for sharing your stitching AND your family with us in blogland. Always enjoy it! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I hope you had a wondeful Christmas Vonna! You are a wonderful inspiration. Thank you for all that you do!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I've said it many times but will say it again...You truly are an inspiration.!! Lisa K

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thank you so much for the 25 Days of Christmas, ending with the most glorious day of them all. May the Lord shine his light upon your family and all you do. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thank you for your 25 days of Christmas and a wonderful message to end with, No truer words could be said.

    Hope you had a fantastic Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thank you again for your 25 days of Inspiration! I hope you enjoyed your holiday as much we have enjoyed reading your blog! Here's wishing you a wonderful New Year as well!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi, Vonna,
    I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed reading your blog during Advent. Thank you for sharing your family, your faith and your wonderful decorations with me. I greatly admire you and your energy (I also enjoyed seeing your finishes on your Twisted Stitcher Facebook page). I wanted to give you a heads up about the Word on Fire blog (www.wordonfire.org). I signed up and received short daily emails from Fr. Barron encouraging prayerful anticipation for Christmas. I think you would enjoy them. Fr. Barron also broadcasts weekly sermons which come out Thursday or Friday. I find them most helpful when I cantor at Mass as good preparation besides practicing the music. God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I admire your Faith Vonna, and I am especially thankful for your candle lighting for your stitchong friends, as I really felt you had lit one for me and my family. It's been a very challenging month and will be for several more. Your uplifting blogs have helped me through this difficult time. I know you had a joyous Christmas filled with family and love. I hope you have a wonderful New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Merry (belated) Christmas Vonna!! Loved your 25 days of Christmas posts!! Praying you have a lovely 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love the Pageant Mass photos! That is a lovely tradition! I remember my son being a shepherd for several years and he thought he really moved up when he got to be a Wise Man with a crown!!! Such fun!
    As a fellow Catholic, thank you for the candle-lighting! Special prayers are always appreciated!
    We had beautiful music on Christmas Eve (I'm the music director! HA HA) and it is one of my favorite times of the year!
    Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  45. That was beautiful! I hope you and your family had a very Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher