Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Hello Autumn...

~ Greetings Friends ~ 
Here I am for a fallish update :)
I'm in the mood for a little frost on the pumpkin, especially after seeming not to really have a hot summer and all of the sudden we're in a hot, humid sauna the past few days...ugh! I'm tired of sweating...a little chill in the air would be a welcome relief!

To spur on the mood of frosty evenings...
I just finished this darling new design:

"Hallow-Day Inn"
designed by ~ Brenda Gervais of With Thy Needle and Thread
Stitched on 36 ct. coffee stained (and baked) linen
Stitched with GAST, WDW and CC as charted. 

With Thy Needle and Thread_Hallow-day Inn

I finished as a wee quilted wall-hanging and I embellished the design "frame" by adding free hand embroidery of "bittersweet" :)

Hand Embroidered Bittersweet Frame

I think the bittersweet "frame" compliments the wee little bittersweet branches the witches are adding to the pot. I love those witches and they spoke to me from the first time I saw the sweet photo on Brenda's Blog announcing the design...and the big lopsided pumpkin...well that sealed the deal ;) 
How darling is that?! 

WTNT_Hallow-day Inn

And here is where it resides today...in our living room decorating our antique dresser inherited from my husband's family. I love it!

Hallow-day Inn decorating our Antique Dresser

Speaking of decorating...
I couldn't stand it anymore and put up our fall decorations. Here's a few snaps from random places around our autumn home...

Fall China Cabinet

Fall Mantle

Autumn Milk Jug

Fall in the Office

Fall Dining Room

Fall UHL Crocks

We've been hopping along here at Pfeiffer House...
it was still the middle of summer when the kids started back to school on August 4th ~ our school corporation is transitioning to year round school basically.
Here's all four Pfeiffer kids on the first day of school, with bright and shining faces:

2014-2015 School Year_all


Here is just my High Schoolers...
Katie: Junior Year
Jake (l) and Ian (r): Freshman Year

2014-2015 School Year_big kids

And the baby...
Ellie: Third Grade

2014_2015 School Year_Ellie

The big kids are in Cross Country again this year...
and here is snap of them after their first big race of the season. They all ran in the Early Bird Invitation at LaVern-Gibson Cross Country Course in Terre Haute, Indiana. They did FABULOUS!! and continue to do well. All three of them keep beating their PR (personal record) each new meet they have. We are so proud of their hard work and dedication to running. Running is a mind game and it makes them tough and mentally strong. Katie tells me she prays the whole time she is running, sounds logical to me, as I would be calling on the Lord too if I had to run a 5K :)

Pfeiffer Cross Country Season 2014

I don't know if you all have ever noticed...
but my Ellie is a card. And she's a whole lot like her Mama. The other week I was looking through my iPhone and here was a weird picture of Ellie. I asked her "what is this picture about?" and she said, "I'm posing like you did on your profile picture!"....
ha ha ha!! (Look in my sidebar to see the resemblance! LOL!)
Ellie Profile Pic

I'm sure most of you...
have seen Country Cottage Needleworks newest series! Nikki is doing a series of Ornaments called the "Classic Collection" and I am honored to be the model stitcher and finisher for the series. People they are darling! She has released the first two in the series to date and I have stitched and finished the first five of them. O my heavens! CUTE as buttons! As a courtousy to Nikki and also to all of you that need a little help, I have created tutorials to teach you how to do the finishing for the series. The first two are up on my tutorial blog: Learn to Finish with The Twisted Stitcher
Look for: CCN "Angels" and CCN "Dear Santa"
and if you haven't signed up at your Needlework Shop of choice to get these monthly designs, RUN to get them today! ;)

CCN Ornaments

I have some things coming up...
in the next few weeks. I'm having surgery. I've been having some female issues and all testing and ultrasounds have shown nothing, but pain persists and its getting worse, so I am scheduled for an exploratory laprascopy on September 15. Please keep me in your prayers. The doctor is pretty sure that it is likely scar tissue from my C-sections, but he doesn't know for sure of course and always niggling in the back of someone's mind is...well you know. So...prayers are appreciated :) Thank you!

Also...
I don't know that I'll be back much before Christmas...I know, I know...but I have had lots of e-mails and questions about "are you going to do the 25 days of Christmas with the Twisted Stitcher?" and the answer is: I'm sure gonna try, really hard! And to do that, I have to plan and execute 25 days worth of goodies to share. :)

So until next time...
I'll be stitching and thinking up good stuff, while I keep my hands to work and heart to God, just like always! Please think of me on September 15 and send some prayers up to heaven for me that all is well!
Hugs in stitches,
Vonna xxxx

55 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the way you did the quilted wallhanging. Your free hand embroidery is beautiful. Sandra from Homespun Elegance

    ReplyDelete
  2. The embroidered bittersweet just puts the finishing over the top. PERFECT! I hope your exploration finds nothing to be concerned about. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kids are fantastic! All four of those precious blessings. :)
    I am praying for you Vonna.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilted wall hanging finish is just perfect! I'm in love with it and how you have used it in your Fall decorating! Everything looks beautiful! You know I'll be thinking of you and sending best wishes on the 15th, precious friend! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You never cease to amaze me. Will be thinking and praying hard for you on the 15th! Lots of hugs coming your way......house looks fabulous! Please come here and do mine....:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Que bonita decoración,cuanto buen gusto.Bss apretaos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your finish, Vonna! I think it came out great. Love the bittersweet embroidery on the frame. Great decorations for Fall! Best wishes to you on your surgery and that everything turns out a-ok.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As much as I admire your stitching and I DO, the free hand bittersweet frame is truly amazing! Will be thinking of you and hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I JUST LOVE your Hallow Day Inn! I'd eyed that one for some reasons you've mentioned. How admirable that you've gotten it stitched and even finished and hung already!

    Your kids are also looking great; I will of course send you good vibes this month! Your procedures are going to be simple, uncomplicated, and will amaze and delight everyone involved from you to your Doctors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seeing your house decorations, always so pretty. What a great way to finish your latest stitching piece as a wall hanging, it's adorable. I always enjoy seeing the kids pictures, what a fine bunch you are raising. I will keep you in my prayers for your upcoming surgery. I wish you a speedy recovery and lots of stitching time !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You will be in my prayers, I am having surgery on September 22 (women issues).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love seeing your house all decorated for fall and all the pictures of your kids.

    Wishing you all the best with your surgery on the 15th. I do hope you will pop back on just to let us know how you made out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vonna, "A day without you will be like a day without sunshine". Most importantly we will miss you but know you will be back with all of us better than ever. You will be in our nightly prayers and wish you love, friendship and fast healing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your home looks so cozy decorated in Autumn! I always wait until after our kids' birthdays (Sept 12 & 22) to decorate for fall because they don't care for the fall and birthday stuff mixed. The nice mom in me can see their POV and how the two themes clash. So I have to wait it out no matter how antsy I get for Autumn goodies to come out! In the meantime I enjoy looking at everyone elses decorating skills. ;)

    I absolutely love your finish of Hallow-Day Inn! Wow! I love how clever you are with ideas. I've put that pattern on my wishlist, would love to stitch it. <3

    Happy back-to-school time! We started our 2nd year of homeschooling on Aug 15! (4th and 8th grade.)

    ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful children and of course so is your stitching and finishing. You give all of us so many ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I will keep you in my prayers. Things like that are always a bit scary. What a lovely family you are blessed to have. Wonderful stitching. I love the witch one you did. I think I need to add it to my stash! A super finish!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I always enjoy seeing your seasonal home decorations. Pretty, pretty, pretty! I will be praying that your surgery goes smoothly.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love the way you decorate, Vonna! You have such an eye for beauty. The new CCN ornaments look sweet. I need to pick up the Angels one. I'll be praying for you on and up to the 15th - that you'll be able to trust and not be afraid. Hugs! Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  19. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your home looks lovely with all the beautiful fall touches.

    Good luck to your kiddos this year.

    You'll be in my prayers for a good outcome and easy recovery. Take it easy and let your family take good care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Vonna - as always, your stitching & finishing is magical! Your children are so precious - thank you so much for sharing them with us too. And you know we will all be thinking of you and sending our prayers and well wishes to you as you go forward with surgery and recovery. Blessing to you and your family - it is evident how much we all love you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the finish. And I'm with you, I had to put out my fall decorations once it was officially September.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's me again - I just wanted to tell you the biggest THANK YOU for your tutorials - they are fabulous and you are so talented, so creative and especially so generous to share all of this information so beautifully with us. Thank you so very much!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ok, first off, I will be sending lots and lots of prayers and good thoughts for your surgery. Hopefully it's nothing but scar tissue. I have been dealing with various female issues over the years so I sympathize and will be thinking of you.

    Love your finish! When I first saw it on IG, I could have sworn you had painted a frame for your finish. It's so perfect for the piece -- and it looks so amazingly perfect! Love seeing your kids all ready for school and cross country. Can't believe how big and mature they all look! lol about Ellie's pose. OMG, so hysterical!

    Hang in there -- I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful home, beautiful family! I will be Fall decorating next weekend, it's gonna be 93 here so Summer is staying one more weekend.
    And girl, I will be keeping you at the top of the ol' prayer list. God will keep you in the palm of His hand so rest easy.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely stitching and decorating! And a beautiful family!
    Best of luck for a speedy surgery and recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you for the tutorials......I really suck at finishing!! Praying for answers & healing.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love your embroidered quilt for Hallow-Day Inn! You have the eye for gorgeous finishes. The bittersweet borders really compliment the sampler perfectly. I am praying for you Vonna, you know we all love you!
    Your daughters photo of being you - made me laugh. I got it right away:)))
    Love your Autumn decor and great photos of your beautiful children. I'm impressed they pose for you - bless them!!
    love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh Vonna I do love that finish!! Halloween is not very big here, but that design and your finish makes me want to stitch it :)
    Kiddies all look excited and yes...Ellie seems to be her Mum's kid alright :D
    I'll hold you in my thoughts when you go for the surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ahhhhh.... Brenda's design is finished just perfectly Vonna!!! And, your Fall decor sure is putting us in the mood! Now, if these 95 degree tempts would just go away here in NCarolina~~

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful stitching and finishing! I love the idea of a mini-quilt hanging. Good luck on your surgery! I hope it goes well :D

    ReplyDelete
  32. Perfect wall-hanging finish for such a cute design. Love the embroidery. And all your decorating looks great.
    Thanks for the new tutes!
    Wishing you well on those 'explorations'. Bodies just don't seem to understand how to play nice sometimes!


    ReplyDelete
  33. A lovely wall hanging finish :) Love all your Autumn decorations and I wish the best for your upcoming surgery. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I LOVE the Hallow-Day Inn! Your decorations look very nice, too. Fall is my favorite season and I am so looking forward to it this year!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the wall hanging and your fall décor. The new CCN series is so cute already. Thank you for the tutorials, I'm sure I will need them. ;) Prayers going to you that all goes well for your surgery, results, and recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love, love, love your wall hanging and the way you finished it. Will be sending prayers for you. I truly believe everything is in God's hands. I always feel safe no matter what. Anyhoo.... enough - sending prayers. Hugs, Cathryn

    ReplyDelete
  37. I certainly hope they find some conclusive and simple to repair reason or your persistent pain. That is a scary thing - I know what you mean about needing/wanting to know. Prayers for you for sure ! LOVE your finishing and stitching on the CCN monthlies. HOW wonderful you are doing finishing tutorials for all yours fans. I have not enrolled in the monthly but I have sure been thinking about it. Love your fall decorating - I'm with you !!! I'm SO ready for some cooler temps - August was the hottest ever for us in the deep south - just horrible high temps, record high heat index and humidity, rain and the whole nasty end to summer. The HallowDay Inn finish is fantastic - very creative. wishing you well and better days to enjoy the fall season
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  38. The Inn finish is adorable, and your home is always decorated to the T. Don't they grow up almost too quickly? But the good news is the love is there as they're always your babies! Sending good wishes for the doctor's diagnosis, your and family peace, and quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi Vonna, A really pretty finish. Looks good in the house. Fall decor looks pretty. All of the kids are getting so big. I am sure all will be fine with the doctor, sending some prayers your way. Will miss your posts, but 25 day of xmas sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Beautiful stitching and lovely finish Vonna. Can you tell me how to coffee stain white aida and does it have to be baked.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  41. I always love seeing pics of the your sweet children. Wow, all three are runners? I am impressed. The Pic of Ellie is a riot. I must admit, as I scrolled down an the pic appeared I thought, Is that Vonna? :-)
    ohhhh, the Halloween design in awesome and your wallhanging finish, with the embroidered edge is so clever; nicely done.
    Need to check into the ornament series and your tutorial, thanks!

    Prayer sent your way for a good outcome. Sorry that you are still dealing with that issue...ugh! Will be thinking of you on the 15th....let me know how it turns out, dear friend. <3

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love the way you have finished Hallow-Day Inn, its perfect, and the tutorials are fantastic, I am always scared of finishing, scared that I will mess it up, but have followed a couple of your tutorials because they are so clear and concise, so thank you.
    Your Autumn home decorations are looking lovely, the colours of Autumn are so warming, aren't they?
    Will of course keep you in my thoughts and prayers for your upcoming surgery.
    Love to all
    Linda O xxx

    ReplyDelete
  43. Fabulous finish Vonna ! Love the embroidered bittersweet ! Your kids are lucky to have such a great Mom ! Hope everything goes well on the 15th .. I will be thinking of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Beautiful pumpkin, beautiful picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  45. First off ~ Do take good care of yourself before, during and after Sept. 15th!! You can always come back to inspire us in the new year! Your health and family come first!

    As for Hallow Day Inn ~ I swore you had framed it at first before realizing you had created a fabric border around it ~ BEAUTIFUL job!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Vonna: What a lovely finish love the bittersweet edging.
    Tha childrens pictures are adorable, yes Elle looks like a card, what fun.
    Beautiful pictures of your decorating.

    Hugs
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  47. Great finish and your autumn decorating looks wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  48. Lots of prayers for your surgery!!!!!!! Love how you decorate for the fall :-). My kids were on a year round schedule when they were in school, we loved it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  49. I think your boys must have grown six inches over the summer, Vonna!! Amazing! All the kids look excited for the new school year--I'm sure things are quieter around your house these days...

    What a great finish--and that bittersweet border just finishes it off perfectly. And I want to thank you again for taking the time to put those detailed tutorials together--they have helped me so much over the past few years :)

    I hope your procedure goes well on the 15th--will certainly be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! Until then, please rest and take good care of yourself so you are extra healthy going into surgery...

    ReplyDelete
  50. Everything looks beautiful Your Hallow Day Inn is lovely. But your loveliest of creations are your children. I love Ellie's selfie....isn't it amusing how our children see us!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Beautiful finish, I love how you embellished it with the bittersweet. Your fall decorating inspired me. After cleaning today I got out all of my Halloween stuff and scattered it around the house. I will keep you in my prayers as you face surgery.God bless. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  52. Love the wall hanging and your decorating is just perfect for the autumn season. I will be thinking of you on the 15th, I hope you take time to rest and recuperate afterwards. I think we will all forgive you not posting ... just as long as you are back with those Christmas offerings. :) Take care Vonna.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Sending positive thoughts your way! Your children are growing up! What a good looking group of kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Gorgeous finish and your decorations are lovely. Great photos of your kids and I shall keep you in my thoughts and prayers for the surgery

    ReplyDelete
  55. Wonderful post! I enjoy reading about your kids and love seeing the cross country runners. My girls ran in cross country as well, but I had to giggle when you said you'd be praying the whole time if you had to run a 5k. I'd be praying as well, lol. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher