Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Day Ten...

~ Greetings Friends ~
and a warm welcome to
Day Ten
of the
25 Days of Christmas with The Twisted Stitcher
Today I have for you two sweet ornaments that appeared in the 2013 Just Cross Stitch Ornament Preview Issue and the 2013 Just Cross Stitch Ornament Issue.
May I present:
"The Penguins"
Blue Penguin
Red Penquin
Designed by: Casey Buonaugurio

both found in the 2013 Ornament Preview and Ornament Issue Just Cross Stitch Magazines.
I stitched both of them on 25 ct. Lugana, one in red and the other in blue.
They are stitched with DMC.
I must say, I love these, and my kids do too! They each have asked me to re-stitch them in colors of their choosing for the hat and scarves and put their name on it with the date. So (at some point in time) I am going to do that, because these little Chilly Willies are CUTE! :) and they are quick stitches too! One afternoon, bingo bango...finished! I did both of these in one day.
Speaking of Chilly Willies...
we have been dumped upon big time in the ice and snow department. Today my share is:
Our Front Door
Our Front Door
A few things you might be interested in:
I made the cone trees last year and they have held up GREAT! Of course our little stoop is covered, so that helps. But here is what I did:
Cone Urn Trees: I took two sheets of poster board: rolled a cone shape (like an ice cream cone) I stapled it and then I wrapped it with packing tape. I took LED lights and went down the cone, around and around (I taped these with the packing tape). Then I took the white sparkle tree garland and went round and round hot gluing hiding all of the lights. They are held in place in my urns using large Dowel Rods hammered into the dirt. At night they sparkle and shine and I've had many compliments on them. I was inspired to make these by all the small cone trees on pinterest, that so many have on their mantles. I needed something impressive outside, so I made a jumbo version.
The wreath, I also made using deco-mesh, ribbons and ornaments.
And the  ~Welcome~ is a vinyl cling...
(I can't paint to save my life)
they are hot, hot, hot this year too. Got mine on Etsy at Doodlebugs Shop.
And here's our frosty view from our front door out...
BRRRRR!
we have approximately 12 inches on the ground now, thanks to last nights dump of 1 inch.
But I'm not complaining, I love snow and the cozy quietness of it! Although Mr. Pfeiffer wants to choke me when I say that! LOL!
Frosty View
and with that...
that is Day Ten!
Until Tomorrow...
Vonna xxxx

38 comments:

  1. I've looked through that magazine 10 times and have never seen those sweet penguins. It's crazy how I see new things every time I look through it. They are so cute! I love your hanging ornaments above your doorway!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those penguins are so cute. Love the entrance to your home. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your penguins are cute !! Love your porch ! Love the cone trees ( might have to make some ) the ornaments hanging ! Love it all !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the ornaments, soooooo cute !! Your entry way is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love american houses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, the penguins are so cute. Your outside decor is as lovely as inside. Would you share the color of red used on your door? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The penguins are very cute. It looks a lovely view you have. Your Christmas decorations are very welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOur front door looks so welcoming!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your ornaments are so cute. I have several ornaments marked from the 2013 issues. Have stitched Redbirds Rejoice so far.
    Love your front door and view from window. I love the look of snow. Here in my part of Texas, we don't get snow very often.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your ornaments are wonderful - 2013 was my least favourite issue - but I am going back with new eyes!! (hehe couldn't resist the pun!) Congratulations on your new eyes - how we take seeing for granted - I will be thinking of you on the 2nd! Posted a link to your page so my "summer time for Christmastime" friends could see how wonderful a White Christmas would be. I wish for that each year - so far no snow! Thanks for the wonderful posts - you make my day complete :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. J'adore les pingouins je trouve cela trop mignon, j'adore vos décorations, je vois que vous êtes sous la neige, comme j'aimerais un Noël blanc ici en France(en Normandie). Douce soirée, Amicalement Esprit de Chat( http://espritdechat.canalblog.com/ )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning entry love the red and white colors.
    Your ornaments are adorable.

    Merry Christmas

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun entry! I can see why they are the highlight of the neighborhood. Those ornaments are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You continue to amaze me...with your stitching and "finishing", especially so quickly.
    Your ornaments are very cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the penguins! Do you think in the future you could do a tutorial on making a round shaped ornament like the penguins? They look so great! No one all of your kids want one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One done on my tutorial blog, see tabs across the too of this blog to find the link ;)

      Delete
  16. Very cute penguins. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  17. They are a precious pair.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are soooo creative and talented!! Love seeing all your stitchy and decorating finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You keep finding designs from those issues that I completely overlooked. Must be your stitching and finishing that make them so appealing!

    We had an inch of snow today and that's all I need!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm keeping track of the ornaments stitched by bloggers from each JCO issue on my blog. Sometimes our versions show off the ornament better than the magazine's pictures. Just in case anyone is having trouble finding your pengiuns, it's actually Casey Buonaugurio who designed them.

    Your doorway looks fantastic! Almost makes me want to decorate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank for your correction to my grievous error. That's what I get for being lazy and not getting my rump up to get the two magazines to ensure giving credit where credit is due. I appreciate your commenting so I could correct my mistake. I always want to credit the correct designer.

      Delete
  21. Your penguins are adorable! Your front porch looks lovely and festive - you are so unbelievably creative Vonna1

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so much for your daily Christmas season blog entries! Definitely a highlight for me!!!! Love everything pictured! Merry, Merry!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the penquin ornaments, they are adorable! Your trees are very cute! You are so creative. I am enjoying visiting your blog each day!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Adorable penguins. Your porch decor is wonderful. Thanks for sharing how you made the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love those ornies! Wow, you got a lot of snow! I'm so happy -- we had snow, but it melted on the roadways and driveway. No shoveling!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The Chilly Willies are adorable and your front porch is beautiful! Looks like you got alot more snow than we did, but we have more coming tonight and tomorrow and Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Penguins! I used to have a great collection of penguins... now I have one last one left. I passed them on to a friend who collects. But ornaments are different! We have not had snow in this area, but it is all around us! Love the cone trees--thanks for the instructions! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I was just looking at those penguins last night! But I decided to start Scandinavian Tree by Scandinavian Stitches from the 2013 ornament issue. I'm just recovering from chemo and have terrible neuropathy in my hands and fingers, really can't feel the needle or thread but that doesn't stop me from stitching! And, I'm funny to watch when I stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Vonna!! Those penguins are adorable and have been on my list to stitch too. I think that's wonderful your kids want a personalized one each. Perfect ornaments for them to keep and hang when they are older. Love your cone shaped trees by your door. It's so inviting!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your ornaments are adorable! I love the different hats and I can see why your children want one for their very own. Your front porch is gorgeous, too! Thank you for sharing your ideas and beautiful stitching...I always look forward to my visit here!

    Blessings - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  31. Those penguins are so cute, aren't they?? Love their little hats!!
    Your front porch is beautiful, the trees are lovely, and so much snow!!! Keep warm and stay safe.
    Love to all
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Aww...they are both so cute! Who doesn't love a waddling penguin!

    Such a warm and welcoming porch, Vonna. How did you attach the balls to the ceiling? They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Vonna, I enjoy your blog so much! On the penguins where would you put the names? I make ornaments for my grandchildren each year and I would like to do these for next year. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Cute penguins. What an absolutely awesome job of decorating the front door area.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh those two penguins are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher