Monday, December 23, 2013

Day Twenty-three...

~ Greetings Dear Friends ~ 
and a warm welcome to
Day Twenty-three
of the
25 Days of Christmas with The Twisted Stitcher!

Golly winding down...
and it sort of makes me sad :(
I've enjoyed having all of these things to share with you!

Well I over stitched...
ha ha ha!
that means in preparation for this 25 Days, which started out in my mind as 12 days. Then I thought why not do 25 days? Because to me BIGGER is BETTER! Then I started stitching around the week before Halloween, thinking I was nuts for even trying this...
But in my frenzy to get together 25 things I got together a few more! Why? Because BIGGER IS BETTER! I guess....but maybe poor planning skills, or maybe even bad math. Anyway, I got lots to share today!
May I present:

"Cozy Inn"
Cozy Inn
Designed by: Diane Williams ~ Little House Needleworks
stitched on 25 ct. Mocha over two
added some JABCO buttons to give some interest
This design may be found in the 2013 Just Cross Stitch Ornament Issue

This was an exchange piece for Joanne  over on the Little House Needleworks Showcase


"Fa La La is Christmas"
FaLaLa
Designed by: Shepherd's Bush
Stitched from kit of the same name from Shepherd's Bush


I've had this wee little Sheep for years...and when going through my things this fall put it in the stitch it our else basket :) thank goodness it got finished!

"Merry Christmas"
Merry Christmas
Designed by: Nan Lewis ~ Threadwork Primitives
stitched 1 over 1 on 32 ct. random linen
this is a freebie pattern which can be found at Nan's lovely blog: HERE


When this freebie came out many years ago, I never got on the train. Or maybe my train never left the station, is a better way to put it, because I love it and I can see stitching up some more of these sweeties next year for gifts. Thank you Nan for your talent and generosity!

"Emmanuel" 
Emmanuel
Designed by: Paulette Stewart ~ Plum Street Samplers
stitched on 40 ct. Vintage Examplar
using called for colors
This is a freebie and may be found: HERE

I was in "fa la la" land apparently when this freebie was released in 2008, because I never knew it existed, until I found it thanks to Pinterest. Paulette has had an exceptional year in designing (in my personal opinion). She has "rang my bell" on many occasions this year with her designs. In fact, I think I own all of the designs she put out this year! :) So I was "pinning" and "slobbering" over all things Plum Street Samplers on Pinterest this fall and found this freebie. I stitched it IMMEDIATELY...
I love it. I think it may be one of my favorites as it truly is the real meaning of the season to me and my family. Thank you Paulette for your talent and generosity!
(and yes...for inquiring minds. I AM on the Mary's Sampler train. And the bus left the station, but it ran outta gas because I got so wrapped up in creating things for this year. So maybe Mary can be a part of next year's 25 days....???)

Today I have slated: 
the great Pfeiffer bake off
christmas-sugar-cookies

Oh, Lord give me strength...
:)

And with that...
that is day 23!

Until tomorrow...
Vonna xxxx

43 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post! I like to break up the baking into different days and freeze them cookies and truffles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vonna, your are definitely one amazing, talented, generous, gorgeous, beautiful woman!!

    Your ornament stitching and finishing is, without question, incredible and stunning. I think we are all in complete awe of your talent and creativity. Thank you so much for sharing these gifts with us.

    ... and happy baking!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vonna, I've so enjoyed your daily posts! Thank you for taking the time to stitch and share for us. I love the Emmanuel ornament. I need to print it out for next year. Have a blessed baking day!

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have enjoyed your treats Vonna:) Wishing you and yours a Merry Holiday and all the best in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fabulous ornaments you have stitched and finished, Vonna! I think I was on the same train with you when Nan's design came out. Did you stitch it over one? Okay, now I want a Christmas cookie! I have enjoyed your Days of Christmas greatly.

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who says you have to stop blogging daily, Vonna? Why not keep the daily posts up throughout 2014? Ha ha!!! I don't know how you've done it all month, but I've sure enjoyed them. Love, love, love these latest ornaments and I just may be stealing your cute ribbon hanger idea with the buttons--adorable!

    Enjoy your baking day--mine is tomorrow. Today, I'm headed off to work until 9PM...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful ornaments and finishes. The cookies made me want to reach in and grab one...actually more than one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You so inspire me, Vonna!!! Good luck in the kitchen today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am enjoying your 25 days of Christmas a lot. Your stitching and finishing is very nice. I have gotten a lot of ideas from you and am still learning and trying them. Your cookies look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vonna, I have really enjoyed your posts each day! I love how you have finished these ornaments! !! Have fun in the kitchen! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vonna loved all your finishes today! I stitched the merry Christmas and the shep bush falala. The merry Christmas was a quick stitch, I love your finish. The bells really finish it. The cozy inn is adorable and the buttons really finish it. Your cookies look good. I finished mine yesterday with the help of my 3 year old granddaughter, Addi. I was exhausted. Happy Day 23. I am really going to miss your daily posts!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely stitching. YUM sugar cookies are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute . . . ALL of them. I love the way you finished the one with the jingle bells.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fabulous ornament finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love them all! You have helped put the Merry back in my Christmas! :) And today I will be baking too. Some for us and some for others.
    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! So many cuties! Makes my needles start salivating to keep up! (Yuk... ridiculous metaphor). Anyway, I'll be stopping by for cookies and popcorn later.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Vonna, I have loved these posts every day. So inspiring. More pretty ornaments. I don't think you ever sleep, ha !!
    Have fun baking today with the kids !!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your post have been wonderful. These ornaments are pretty again !

    ReplyDelete
  19. How fabulous you finished all your ornaments Vonna. Thank you for the links for the freebies and especially Paulette's Emmanuel design - LOVE it and yours:) Your posts have been inspiring and a true JOY to read for your 25+ days of Christmas,
    Thank you for sharing and for all your time and work. Merry Christmas, love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just love how you have finished your ornaments...especially the hangers. Hope you have a fun day baking.

    ReplyDelete
  21. All of today's ornaments are little beauties Vonna, you are truly inspiring with all your wonderful stitching and finishing. Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas and all the best for 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love all of your ornaments, super finishes. Can't believe we are nearly at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love seeing all the beautiful ornaments you have stitched and finished and I have so enjoyed reading about all you do to celebrate this wonderful time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Vonna, You are my hero and I loved ALL your stitched pieces in this entry. I have never seen 23 days go by so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the ornaments today! You have so many great finishing ideas. Have fun baking

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am in awe with all the lovely ornaments you have stitched. Thank you so much for sharing with all of us...I am so enjoying everything. Merry Christmas to all of your family and you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the ornaments and finishes. Now the cookies, so yummy looking, enjoy !

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your 25 days has just been amazing Vonna ! truly beautiful finishing and creative stitching and cooking, popping and baking WHEW - makes me tired just reading all that you do. However I'm sure your friends and family are ever so appreciative of all your many talents. I might not make it back again so I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and all the blessings God can bestow on us. Cheers Melody

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lots of wonderful stitching! I already had my "bake off" day when I made my Grandma's sugar cookie cutouts. Her recipe is large and I can still see Grandma telling me "if you roll your dough out the right way, you will get 8 dozen cookies". I was 4 short on getting the full 8 dozen this year, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous , Vonna !

    ReplyDelete
  31. Vonna; Positively beautiful ornaments thank-you for sharing with us.
    Merry Christmas

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  32. One thing that I LOVE about blogging is that if I want to double check something, like one of your finishes, I just go back to the blog and scroll through the posts! Cause I am always attentive to your finishes! They are all great! Thanks for sharing! I will miss seeing a post from you every day also... you have much to share! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh my!! I am so amazed and impressed by your beautiful ornaments! Vonna, they are just beautiful! Thank you so much for the joy and pleasure your days of Christmas have brought :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh my!! Vonna, your ornaments are just beautiful! I am so enjoying your days of Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. All the ornaments are just precious Vonna~~~ very nice!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thank you once again for sharing the pics of your beautiful finishes as well as the link to the freebie! Have a wonderful Holiday with your family, Vonna! It has been a joy to check in during these 25 days!

    ReplyDelete
  37. How do you accomplish everything you do in a day? Do you ever sleep? I love all your ornaments of today especially Emmanuel. I, too, will be very sad when this is all over!

    ReplyDelete
  38. All of these ornaments are just beautiful, and the finishing on them is just perfect.
    I love the little bells.
    Hope the baking went well.
    Love to all
    Linda O xxx

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thank you for your time & talent!! I have looked forward to reading the blog everyday your love of stitching certainly shows.
    Enjoy your time of baking and most of all family time....Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love your varied finishes on such sweet ornaments, Vonna. Thank you for the links.
    Enjoy your baking. It always amazes me how many sweets we can all make this time of year, usually in one day!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love your varied finishes on such sweet ornaments, Vonna. Thank you for the links.
    Enjoy your baking. It always amazes me how many sweets we can all make this time of year, usually in one day!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Lovely finishes Vonna! I wish that I had over stitched lol.
    Merry, Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  43. :))) beautiful finishes! i am in love with SB sheep )))))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher