Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Day Twenty-four...

~ Greetings Dear Friends ~ 
and a warm welcome to
Day Twenty-four
of the 
25 Days of Christmas with The Twisted Stitcher!

The stockings were hung...
by the chimney with care in hopes that St. Nicholas would soon be there!

I did it...
I made these stockings this year when I felt that our stockings could use an update. Plus Keith and I didn't have stockings and I wanted to make sure that Katie's boyfriend, who will be celebrating Christmas with us this year, felt welcome and a part of the family. And to be honest...I wanted something cohesive and not so cutsey for stockings now that the kids are older. 

So...
I decided to sew some huge stockings from felt. And I adorned them with my poinsettias like I featured on the burlap pillows. I must say, these make for a stunning display. I have received many compliments from visitors and I'm pleased as punch with my handiwork! Someone even asked if I would make them a set on commission. Hmmm...I decided to think on that for bit. :)

But may I present my new:

Poinsettia Family Stockings
My Handmade Poinsettia Stockings

Our Stockings Were Hung

I made my own pattern and everything for the shape and size and they came out nearly perfect. Being that I'm particular about my work, I know that there are some that are not quite perfect. But nonetheless, I'm pretty doggone puffed up about how these turned out!
I love it when a plan comes together :)

And...
I love it when I am surprised! The mailman brought me this stunning package from my friend Marie who is so very generous and talented. She did me up righteous!  Look at that sweet Angel ornament. Stunning! And Ellie has laughed and laughed about the itty bitty scissors and has asked over (and over!) if she can use them. I'll let her, she's such a dolly! I love the threadworx and the sweet Christmas lights fabric I can use for MORE Christmas ornaments! Perfect surprise, filled with perfect gifts! Thank you my dear buddy Marie :)

Marie's Christmas Gift

And speaking of Ellie...
here she is doing what she does best - CRAFTING!!! She is the craftiest, crafter of them all! And as my husband says, "I wonder she gets that?"  ;o)   When I was a little girl, my Granny would always say, "You smear around more than anyone I know!"
Well I met my match in Ellie :) HA HA! 
She was smearing around and painted a sweet little snowman to hang on our tree as I was finishing up the last of the cookie baking and making up the tins to deliver to our friends. And years from now, I'll hang it on my tree and tell her children about how she was always Nana's crafty girl :)  God willing of course.

Ellie

Our Holiday Baking...
 turned out great! We made:
Chocolate M and M wreaths
Turtles
Caramel Corn
Date Nut Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookies
M and M Monster Cookies
Dutch Butter Cookies
Snickerdoodles
Peanut Butter Blossoms
Peanut Butter Bars (not very good...from Pinterest)
Decorated Sugar Cookies

Tonight...
is our Christmas celebration. I am currently in the middle of preparing the feast! 

We will attend Christmas Eve Mass...
where my children will serve as Alter girl/boys and I will be singing in the Choir for the Mass; although today my choir director called me and I may be a soloist (as the two others I was to sing with have conflicts). So....I'm going to gargle and hydrate so that I can sing prettily for the baby Jesus. 

Then after Mass...
it is back home to see that Santa did indeed eat his cookies, and left some gifts and then it is on to the feasting and partying! WHOOP WHOOP! 

And that...
my dear friends is Day 24!

Until tomorrow...
Vonna xxx 

33 comments:

  1. What lovely traditions you have Vonna, & your daughter looks like she is an absolute delight : ) Wonderful gifts from Marie ... she is a sweetie : ) I wish you & your family a very happy & blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful mantle display with your stockings. Very elegant, I love it !!
    Merry Christmas to you and your family !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your stockings ! Merry Christmas Vonna to you and your wonderful family !

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stockings look beautiful on your mantle, Vonna.
    Your sweet Ellie looks as if she is so proud of her creation! Isn't it fun to share our love of crafts with our daughters?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the stockings! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mantel is absolutely stunning! I love the stockings .....you make it look like a Martha Stewart creation or Better Homes and Garden display....Beautiful:) Merry Christmas Eve and I wish you and your family a very blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vonna the stockings are beautiful! Ellie's snowman is adorable and so is she! I can't wait to go to mass tonight! It always looks so beautiful and the music is amazing. Then it finally feels totally like Christmas! Merry Christmas Vonna! Happy Day 24!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas Vonna. I have so enjoyed your blogging this month. You did so much for your own holiday but also for us by sharing. Enjoy the blessed season. Pam in Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your mantel is absolutely stunning, Vonna. You have outdone yourself this Christmas with this wonderful blog, ornaments and decorations. Thank you for letting us be part of your Christmas preparations....Merry Christmas Eve and may you and your family have a very blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Christmas stockings! I love that Ellie is a crafty crafter like her mom -- so wonderful! I love picturing you and your family celebrating Christmas in Church. I bet you have a lovely voice. Happy happy Christmas to you and your family, Vonna!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Vonna ~ I do love all of your holiday decorations, traditions, recipes, and lovely handwork! It has been most gracious of you to share your 25 Days of Christmas with us all...and I thank you for that most kindly.
    Wishing you and and your lovely family the blessings of love, peace, and light!
    Sending Happy Christmas hugs your way ...
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  12. As talented as you are one of your chickadees had to be crafty too!! Merry Christmas to you all! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything looks so wonderfully perfect Vonna. God bless you all this Christmas! Is it frigid by you too? It is currently-1º here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another great post. Your stockings are gorgeous. Great picture of your daughter. A lovely gift received. Merry Christmas and thank you for sharing your traditions I have enjoyed them very much.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Miss Ellie: You are positively adorable, Merry Christmas to you and your family.
    Love the stockings and tree.
    Merry Chgristmas

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job of making those stockings Vonna! They are stunning! You did ALL that baking? Phew! I'm still thinking about it... ha! Have a Merry Christmas, with all the trimmings! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Vonna, beautiful stockings! Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your stockings are wonderful. What a striking mantelpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wishing you snd your family a very merry Christmas. Love the stockings.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What super looking stockings you created Vonna! Enjoy the rest of your Christmas Eve Day and the service tonight! Merry Christmas!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the stockings, the mantel looks wonderful ! Ellie is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful stockings that look wonderful all ready for Santa to fill. Ellie is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  23. ohhhh that looks sooo pretty ..well done on making your own pattern too .... and love Ellies wee gift :0
    good luck with the singing I will be right behind you doing the descant ;)
    Happy Christmas and a very merry stitchy new year :) love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful stockings . Hope you have a wonderful Christmas xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. What pretty stockings! Ha on Ellie's crafting.... Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Day 24 is pretty wonderful!
    The stockings look perfect.
    Have a magical evening of celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love those stockings ! Merry Christmas Vonna

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a lovely Christmas Eve day! Ellie looks like she is having fun. It's great that she is enjoying crafting (the scissors are irresitible!) Your stockings are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for sharing in all that you do...Miss Ellie looks just like my little granddaughter...why do they love those little noses??? Anyway, your stockings are awesome, and everything these past days have been really enjoyed! May you have a blessed Christmas with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  31. The stockings are beautiful! Have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  32. The stockings are lovely! And the list of the cookies you made leaves me exhausted. I can't wait for day 25! Peace on Earth and Goodwill to Men. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher