Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Day Three...

~Greetings Dear Friends~
 and a warm Welcome to Day Three
of the
25 Days of The Twisted Stitcher

Today I have to share with you another ornament. May I present:

French Country Wedding Bells 
 
Tom and Shirley

Tom and Shirley 1

French Country Wedding Bells
designed by JBW Designs
Stitched on 25 ct. Vintage Country Mocha over 1
using Victorian Motto Threads in a lovely Old Gold tone

I stitched this design...
obviously for Tom and Shirley who celebrated their 50th Wedding Anniversary this October. Tom and Shirley, I've known less than one year. However I am very good friends with their daughter, who is my age. I wanted to recognize their commitment and dedication to each other in a way that was unlike any one else's. So I went on the search and I came up with the idea of stitching a Christmas Ornament. When I saw the JBW design...how perfect?

This fall...
There has been a couple of times when I've been out shopping with my friend and her parents, now retired, call her asking her to lunch. Then they say, "and if that sweet Vonda is with you, bring her along" (ha ha....they know my name is Von-na, but Tom kids me by calling me Vonda because he thought that was my name when he first met me. After a couple of times meeting them, I gently said, you pronounce my name Von-na and he told me he liked Von-da better! ha!) Every time we go to lunch together, I start to say to the waitress, "I'm a separate ticket" and Tom says, "no she isn't she's one of us!" They have treated me like family from the very beginning. They are special people. And like I said, I wanted to commemorate their 50 years together in a special way. To me, there is nothing more special than Christmas, so an ornament fit the bill :)

Speaking of marriage and commitment...
my Christmas tradition to share with you today is:

The Boy Scout and the Ballerina

The Boy Scout and the Ballerina

When we were first married...
Keith's mother and my mother, as I'm sure many families do, gave us bags of our childhood ornaments. I went through them and was so surprised from his bag when I found the clothespin man. I knew I had a clothespin ballerina that I had made when I was little and come to find out Keith had made his Boy Scout clothespin ornament when he was in Boy Scouts! They have hung on our tree for 18 years together and are wrapped together and stored in their box all year long - together. I call that an omen of glad tidings to the success of our marriage. And if that's not destiny, I don't know what is! :)

And that....is Day Three!

Until tomorrow...
Glad Tidings!

Vonna xxxx

35 comments:

  1. what a lovely ornament for a special couple. I love the boy scout and ballerina too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Vonna (I'd like to say "Vonda" but that is such a special name from a special family :-) ) I just love reading your 24 Days of Christmas with The Twisted Stitcher. It is so much fun to learn some very precious memories you have. You are generous to share them with us.

    This ornament is gorgeous, and from what you wrote, couldn't be more perfect for that couple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to your daily postings of your 25 days of Christmas. The 50 years ornament is so pretty. Love the clothespin ornaments. I remember them from my childhood days. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat story about the boy scout and ballerina ornaments! Your wedding bells ornament for Tom and Shirley is stunning! Looking forward to Day 4's sharing!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet story about yours and your husband's ornaments. I am really enjoying your 25 days!! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm certain that it makes your friend feel wonderful that you respect and care for her parents, and showing it with that darling ornament is so sweet! Such a dear story of the Ballerina and the Boy Scout - just like you and Keith!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww Vonda, you got me all teary eyed. God bless you for honoring Tom and Shirley's love. Isn't that wonderful! 50 years. wow.
    Love your two ornaments together. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love woodland type decorations so one year I decided to do a woodlands themed tree. My family grumbled the entire holiday so I ditched it all & went back to the old favorites...lol! This is my daughters first Christmas married & I will be passing ornaments on to her.....sniff sniff!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful ornament! Love how you finished that. And your little story is so sweet. I like the way you say "I'm a separate ticket". That's always an awkward moment for me when someone picks up the tab and I offer to pay my share. Your way of talking directly to the waittron is much better. You just never know what tips you pick up up from blogging buddies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Beautifully finished!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful ornament Vonna ! Love your boy scout and ballerina story :) so sweet !

    ReplyDelete
  12. How sweet for you to remember your friends, Vonna. The ornament is lovely and I'm sure they will treasure it because it came from you!
    I love the ballerina and the boy scout.....inseparable. That's the way it should be ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely post. I am really enjoying them. Your ornament is absolutely stunning and perfect for a 50th wedding anniversary. Love your boy scout and ballerina.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A special ornament for a special couple, Vonna!! What a sweet gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was a sweet story about a lovely couple! The ornament is just perfect for the occasion, and so beautifully stitched and finished.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Vonna(Vonda)
    You've inspired me with the JBW ornament…I'm going to stitch it up for a very special couple who will be celebrating their First Christmas as husband and wife!
    I look forward to tomorrow's post…you know you are spoiling us and may have to keep this up after Christmas!!!!!
    Busy Hands…Happy Heart
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely ornament, I'm sure your friends will appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am enjoying all the stories behind the ornaments. I must remind my children about a few of ours. Love your workmanship and choice of a lovely anniversary gift. Looking forward to tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another beautiful post. I'm enjoying all the stories.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your wedding bell ornament! It's beautiful. And I love your stories... I'm a bit jealous of your cloths pins.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm really looking forward to your 25 Days of Christmas Vonna! You do such beautiful finishing and lucky you for snagging that WTNT limited edition very cool ornament. I enjoyed catching up on the 3 days so far. Enjoy the season ! Melody

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful ornament for a special couple! I love your stories. That's so neat about the clothes pin ornies -- definitely meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love that ornament along with the finish you used. Perfect! I am so enjoying your blog of Christmas ornaments. It's my favorite time of year to read the blogs as I LOVE Christmas ornaments. Yours are always so nice. Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful friendships both inside your home and out

    ReplyDelete
  25. Vonna, what a wonderful and thoughtful gift for an obviously very special couple! Love the story of your pair of clothespin ornaments - both stories are beautiful and touching!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Vonna, I love your stitching, have been reading your blog for about a year as I am a novice stitcher. Today I finished 2 ornaments form this year's JCS Ornament issue with the help of your tutorials and I cannot thank you enough. I feel like I've accomplished this great thing and it's just 2 Christmas ornaments! But thank you for sharing your stitching knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the Boy Scout and Ballerina! You really are meant to be together!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I so enjoy your stories. What a beautiful ornament to honor Tom and Shirley - WOW 50 years! I have been laughing at Tom calling you Vonda - the way you shared the story just tickled my soul - LOL. I can't stop giggling.... Glad tidings for you and your husband - darling childhood ornaments. love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful stitched ornament!

    My kids laugh at me every year when we break out the ornaments. They watch to try to catch me crying when I get to the ones they made when they were tiny. The one that gets me every time is the one my DD "made" when she was in a toddler class at church. It's a picture cut from a Christmas card and framed with popsicle sticks. Seeing all those ornaments again sure brings back the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Vonna (or Vonda...ha, cute story), I love your 25 days of Christmas! What a good idea. The ornament you made for your friends is amazing! I love how you finished it. I also love the story about the clothespin ornaments. That is really sweet, and the perfect things to remember at Christmas time.
    I love the little "Merry Christmas to my friend ornament too. You have a great tree!
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  31. A perfect ornament. I love these stories we are getting to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a great story to share with us! And your two ornaments are sweet! May they be cherished at LEAST another 18 years! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Two great stories. I saw the angel bending over the manger in the backround. I stitched that ornament for my grandmother many years ago. I got it back when she passed and I love seeing it every year and think about her.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher