Saturday, December 14, 2013

Day Fourteen...

~Greetings Friends~
and a warm welcome to
Day Fourteen
of the
25 Days of Christmas with The Twisted Stitcher!
 
Well folks...
I'm late today posting, but for good reason! I got up at 6 a.m. and started making pillow cases for my kiddos and their friends for Christmas. I finished at 2 p.m. and then it was elliptical (because I skipped it this morning) then quick shower and makeup and run to choir practice, then Mass, then home and I'm just getting my breath :)
 
Here is a sampling of the 15 pillow cases I made today:
 
Pillow Cases
 
These are easy to put together, but time consuming. I made 4 Sponge Bobs, 4 Ford Mustangs, 3 Purple Chevrons, 2 Rudolph and Clarisse, and 2 Hot Peppers. It took me until 2 p.m. to get them all cut out and sewn and thrown into the washer to wash, then dry, now I'm getting ready to iron them and place in gift bags for my kids' friends. My kids took the ones I made for them and already have them on their beds. (today was changing sheets day!)
 
These handmade gifts are well received for kids of all ages. Katie's and the Boy's teenage friends like them and Ellie's little friend of course likes them. So I would highly recommend making some. They are fun! I'm even going to make one for my husband and myself...just not today!
 
I basically use this tutorial: FOUND HERE
 
So put a little handmade in your Christmas!
 
And with that...
that is Day Fourteen!
 
Until tomorrow...
cause I'm pooped out today!
Vonna xxxx
 
 
 

33 comments:

  1. You are amazing! Seems to me you can make anything, and always so beautifully too. I can't imagine why you're pooped. ROTFL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 15 pillow cases??? in one day??? wow!!!
    ..♥
    cris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have someone in my life that would go for that chili pepper one (or the Mustang) .....he loves both. That is a LOT of sewing for one day. You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pillowcases are wonderful. I'm going to look at your tutorial and then look for some fabric (on sale of course) after the holidays. Thanks for the idea. Connie Moser

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pillow cases are one of the popular items people have been buying cotton and flannel for. You were very productive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome lot of pillow cases, Vonna! I know you said you washed them once they were made, but do you pre-wash the fabric before cutting out and sewing them together?

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Robin, I don't pre-wash.

      Delete
  7. OH MY! That was a lot of work in a short amount of time! They look fabulous and I know they will be very appreciated!! Now, I want to make myself one! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! What a busy day and what cool pillowcases!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My niece made pillowcases for my (other) sister and her husband--with "girl" and "boy" skulls. There is something about a well-thought out (themed) handmade item. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These ARE perfect little gifts... And you did SO many! Ygg!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your pillow cases. I made my granddaughter princess ones for Christmas. My grandkids love them. Looking forward to tomorrows post. It is snowing here in Pa. Cleaned today but tomorrow will be a good day for crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I must say you are a busy woman Vonna, I love the pillow cases.
    Merry Christmas

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pillowcases are fun to make. I have plans to make some for my boys before Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I forgot about this method! Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Absolutely gorgeous, these pillow cases. And so many in a row. I can easily believe that you were pooped out after that day, lol. Thanks for sharing the link. I know that I will try this tutorial out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm not surprised you're pooped out!!!
    15 pillow cases in one day!!
    Love them, they are all so cool.
    Love to all
    Linda O xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great gift ideas for the kids. I hope you got some rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my, you were one busy lady. They look great, love the hot pepper one :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a sewing day ! They are great !

    ReplyDelete
  21. You really are productive! The pillowcases are great : )

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great gifts Vonna! Our oldest is 19 and he still likes the ones I have made for him! ;)
    I tried and tried to see that Mustang pillowcase. No such luck! That is one awesome car. =)

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are on a roll!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a super idea for their friends! The sewing machine was probably ready for a break! Thanks for sharing the tutorial with us.

    Judy Heartland stitcher

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are so welcome by all, I'm sure they will be well loved. Great sewing, and you need a break!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What great little gifts!
    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  27. Really cute and fun Christmas gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for sharing the tutorial my Mum used to make us pillow cases at Christmas time. It was also her favourite way to "wrap" a quilt if she had made us one.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a cute idea the pillowcases are! And the fact that they're homemade makes them extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yours look great, and thanks for the tut link. You must've had an assembly line going!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ooh, that is something I have not seen much of... and darn cute too! Great job, doing so many in one day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher