Sunday, December 15, 2013

Day Fifteen...

~ Greetings Friends ~
and a warm welcome to
Day Fifteen
of the
25 Days of Christmas with The Twisted Stitcher!
 
Today...
I'm sharing a quick, easy decorating idea. It uses:
Bottle Brush Trees:
 
Bottle Brush Trees
 
These are Lemax trees and are found at Michael's by their Christmas Village Stuff
 
Then you buy some snow....
this is Buffalo Snow variety, I got it at Michael's right by the Christmas Village Stuff, but Hobby Lobby and Joann's also carries it, under different names, but all the same stuff
(chewed up plastic wrap type stuff).
Snow
 
Did you all know...
that I have a Ball Jar collection? Well I do! They are all the canning jars from my Grandma Epperson. She was a farmer's wife and she did a lot of canning and I inherited them and I love them and cherish them. They are on top of my kitchen cabinets and during the summer they have white daisies in them. Last Christmas and Winter I had white poinsettias in them, but this year they are snow globes!
 
The big Quart Jars get large bottle brush trees:
Quart Jar
 
The wee little jelly jars get teensie tiny trees:
Fruit Jars
 
And they go back on top of my cabinets:
Ball Jar Snowglobes
 
 
For a wintery landscape: Winter Ball Jars
 
These are only on one side of my kitchen the other side has about 20 more jars!
 
I decorate seasonally, and I wanted something that could last Christmas and Winter so I wouldn't have to take down after Christmas and just leave up until I decorate for spring. I think this idea fit the bill! And I figure I can dump out the snow into a Ziploc bag, and reuse next Christmas and Winter Season. Now that's economical people! I've already had a couple of my friends decide this was a pretty cool decorating idea, and I love it too :_
 
So go peeps...
back to Michaels/Joanns/Hobby Lobby
and buy some snow and fill your jars and plop a sweet tree in there and dream of the winter!
 
And on a side note...
did you know that Ball Jar Company is a Hoosier company?
Yep, it sure is! Ball Jars is located in Muncie Indiana, home to Ball State University!
 
I love Indiana :)
 
and that folks...
is day Fifteen!
 
Until tomorrow...
Vonna xxxx

39 comments:

  1. A great idea. And oh, I can see that the description on the tree bag is given in several languages, also in German. So maybe I can find them here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful idea Vonna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the jars, another creative decorating idea. Merry day 15 of the season !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this so much! It looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea Vonna. It looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vonna you have to be the most creative person I know. I like you better than that woman who's name is Martha Stewart. I think Vonna Pfeiffer is the best.......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant idea!!!!!!!!!! I am definitely going to do this!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that idea!

    I can't imagine having that many jars. I'm happy to have the four antique ones that I do. You are one very lucky crafter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vonna I am so enjoying this series and I love this idea of snow and trees in these jars.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vonna,
    Thank you for sharing your stitching and your ideas with us so far...This is another great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Vonna for another great idea! They look beautiful! They look like the winter wonderland we are experiencing today! It is better in a snow globe though...

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea. I see them used in many ways during the season. You are so talended. Love your postings.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vonna....I was wondering what to do with those jars I have in the basement! Thanks for the idea! You're FAB! Lisa K

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! You have such wonderful decorating ideas. :-) Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The jars looked nicely decked out for the season.

    Judy Heartland stitcher

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet idea! It's a great decoration to carry you through the winter season
    I made bottle brush tree ornaments last year for my daughter's Christmas party. Everyone loved them but they were time consuming putting the tree into the ornie and gluing it to stand up straight.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are adorable, I love little snow globes. You are one busy gal. I am so enjoying all your decor!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great idea! I have alot of my grandma's jars as well (many hold buttons) but sometimes I fill them with old fashioned candy and place them on the counter (didn't do it this year though).

    ReplyDelete
  19. Vonna what a wonderful idea !!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I love that idea! Those trees would also be great for making homemade snow globes. I remember doing those as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great idea. I am going to copy it and use it for my Christmas Eve center piece. I was just thinking about what to do earlier today.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  22. GREAT IDEA! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute idea Vonna! I also love the ball jars. Wish I had some from my grandma...don't know what happened to all of them.
    I've been looking everywhere for the pine branch pipe cleaners and cannot find them anywhere. I'm going to check Joann's tomorrow, but haven't seen them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What an adorable idea, thank-you for the inspireation, and sharing with us.

    Merry Christmas

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your jars look just wonderful. They will be great till spring!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm late to this Days of Christmas Party Train, Vonna (logged on around Thursday or Friday)--but I loved catching up and I am ADORING these posts. :D

    Genius use of your sweet Grandma's Canning Collection!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You just gave me a great inspiration for my jar collection (not all canning jars). You have the best creative mind!
    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love this sweet decorating idea! I don't have a Michaels nearby but maybe I can find some trees elsewhere. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Brilliant idea, the jars look wonderful
    Love to all
    Linda O xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fabulous idea. I have been enjoying all your fun ways of crafting Vonna. Thanks for sharing. love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  31. Totally A D O R A B L E ! ! !

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh BOO, I may get banned from this page. DH is like......you're going to that place AGAIN? Lol! Well Hello!

    ReplyDelete
  33. How do you think up the cutest, easiest decorative ideas? I wish my mind worked like that! I'm going to be really sad when the 25 days of Christmas are over.

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is an awesome idea Vonna! Yours look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Cute idea! I got some of the anniversary Ball jars this spring, the blue ones. I planned to make beach jars, but didn't get time as always! But I still have the idea and next year is right around the corner! Thanks for sharing a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher