Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Day Eighteen...

~ Greeting Friends ~ 
and a warm welcome to
Day Eighteen
of the 
25 Days of Christmas with The Twisted Stitcher!

Seven short days...
until the big man arrives :)
and I'm still going strong, just like the ever-ready battery bunny!

Today I have to share with you how to make some primitive trees and then a primitive vignette I made to display some things I also created. 

MAKING PRIMITIVE MINIATURE TREES:

here is what you will need: 
Dowel Rod
"Make It Christmas" evergreen pipe cleaners (found mine at Hobby Lobby)
Brown floral stem tape


cut off two small pieces of evergreen. Hold on the end of the dowel rod and wrap the end and down the rod with floral tape.


Add some more evergreen pipe cleaners, I did groups of 3 and 4, ends (about 1 inch long) are bent and held against rod, then wrap with the floral tape.


Continue in this manner until you have a primitive tree. Trim the boughs until you achieve the size you want for your tree. 
(NOTE: Now this tree would not be able to hold heavy ornaments, but small ball type ornaments it could hold. It could not hold lights as it is too fragile)

I do think it looks similar to a prim feather tree. 

What did I do with my trees?
Well....
I cross stitched three of the Foxwood Crossing Designs and mounted them on their sleds. 

Foxwood Crossings Sleds


Then I grabbed my antique copper tub, a village piece, some snow and some white lights.

Foxwood Crossings Sleds display

and instant charm...

Copper Tub

aren't those little sleds cute?! 

Copper Tub Close Up

You need to get 'cha some ;o)

And that is...
Day 18!

Until Tomorrow....
Vonna xxxx

36 comments:

  1. Those little sleds are so adorable! And what cute way to construct a scene for display. How on earth are you finding the time for all this crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vonna, you are amazing !! The sleds are adorable and the display beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ! Very creative ! Love your little vignette !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another very cute idea Vonna! I'm still trying to find those evergreen pipe cleaners...I want some bad! LOL I haven't given up yet. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must make this immediately, well as soon as I can get the greens and the dowel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The trees are adorable! I love the way you displayed the sleds. They are really cute~ I am off to bake cookies. Have a great day~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! I've seen those sleds around, and thought they were great! I'd no idea they were still available, or who designed/made them.

    Also, I adore copper! Your tub vignette looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the tutorial of the trees. I have been wanting to do one for a long time. I love the village and the sleds came out perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's just wonderful!! We actually have a tub too. lol! So perfect. And I do love those sleds. You enabler you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are such a talented lady, Love to see all your ideas that you share with all of us!
    Merry Christmas
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  11. So adorable!!! I've been enjoying following along for the past 18 days. Can't wait for the finale!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I DID get me some. When we were in Dixie Darlin' in Pigeon Forge, TN, they had them. I couldn't resist getting a set. Love the little vignette. It's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A wonderful display!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute display!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am impressed, your mind never stops, I love this easy idea, I must make some of them, they are adorable.
    Love the sleds, they are so cute.

    Merry Christmas to You and Your Family

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  16. I thought I was done at Hobby Lobby but it looks like I'm going back!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sweet, Vonna. Thanks for sharing your talents!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great vignette! I was wondering what was going to 'become' of the evergreen pipecleaners. The little sleds are the perfect touch...I sound like a broken record, but your creativity is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely adorable! Your imagination and creativity is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great idea, love it !

    ReplyDelete
  21. Too - oo Cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, what a great idea, Vonna--I have a feeling a lot of us are going to be heading to Hobby Lobby and buying out their supply of evergreen pipe cleaners :) Your little display is adorable--thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your tree is so neat, but I still haven't found those evergreen pipe cleaners at my Hobby Lobby. I love your sleds and the display.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Vonna, you are wonderfully creative. You put together a beautiful scene!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great idea for making the primitive trees...thanks for sharing. I would like to give it a try. They realy nice in your display!

    Judy Heartland stitcher

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great display, love the little sleds!
    Love Linda O xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Another great post. The sleds are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love these prim trees! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Chapeau, très jolie. Amicalement Esprit de Chat

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a cute display! What did you use to attach the cross stitch to the sleighs? I do have some sleighs, guess I'd better get going on them! I really do appreciate all that it takes to do this blog daily and you're doing an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great trees! I like them! No Hobby Lobby here... maybe I can find some supplies online! I would like to try making one of the trees. Thanks for sharing, as always!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher