Friday, September 20, 2013

Gather A Harvest...

~~Greetings to my friends and fellow stitchers~~
I had a finish this fine Friday and I'd like to share it with you all!
 
The other day...
I traipsed to my mailbox and pulled out the latest issue of Cross Stitch and Needlework. Always a good day when you get something stitchy in the mail, right?!
 
CSN 2013
2013 November issue of Cross Stitch and Needlework Magazine
 
 
Well...
I opened up that sucker and started looking and one, two, three projects caught my eye, right away! Hurray!
After finishing up my "Midnight Ride"  on Wednesday, I went right to downstairs to my stitching room and started pulling linen and floss for a sweet little project that I had to stitch right now.
 
And...
I stitched it up yesterday, finished it today and may I present:
 
"Gather a Harvest"
by: Cathy Habermann of Hands on Design
Stitched on 25 ct. cream lugana
with Weeks Dye Works cottons
design found in the 2013 November Issue of Cross Stitch and Needlework
 
Gather A Harvest 1
 
The pattern has a little acorn stitched on perforated paper to tack the wool leaves on, but I decided to use a button from my Granny's Button jar that I inherited...
 
When I saw the design...
I imagined it here:
 
Gather A Harvest Door
 
On our back door...
 where I like to hang seasonal things  to "cute" up the door...
I have to say...I love it! And "cute" it up, it sure fits the bill!
 
I lay at this door every morning to do my abs and core exercises after my daily 20 minute elliptical adventure. I have a feeling I will enjoy my crunches more now that I can look at this sweetie every crunch....okay, I lied I'm not going to enjoy my crunches any more...but the scenery will be better!
 
Gather A Harvest
 
CUTE!
 
So do you...
get this magazine? If so RUN and start stitching this lovely design! And if not: GO, buy one now!! The Good Lord knows we need some economic stimulation.
 
Now...
 off to start another design found in this magazine! I'm telling you, this issue is a real winner!
 
Until next time...
I'll be plotting, and stitching and still keeping my hands to work and heart to God!
Join me!
 
Love in stitches,
Vonna  xxx

53 comments:

  1. What an adorable acorn you have stitched up, Vonna! My copy hasn't arrived yet, but now I know of at least one project that will receive my attention. Thank you for sharing your latest finish!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! Great job. Perfect spot for it Vonna. =) I love this issue too. Interested to see if your next stitch is the one I am planning to start Oct. 1st as my first SAL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable...of course you always do a beautiful job with stitching and finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just the cutest and you did such a super finishing job. Fast as lightning too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Speedy Stitcher ! So cute, fabulously finished as always ! Love the acorn shape :) Can't wait to see what's next !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vonna: This is so adorable, I am a big fan of using felt in any project and this is so fun.
    Thank-you for sharing.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your finish!!! I am certainly off to find the magazine now - just for this lovely design ;)
    Thank you so much for sharing!
    Blessings, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wish I could stitch as fast as you. That is one great finish and it looks wonderful on the door.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute finish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous finish. Anything that makes exercise more enjoyable is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice! Love the accent of the felt leaves

    ReplyDelete
  12. This may be the 'nudge' I need to pick up my stitching again.
    Thanks Vonna!
    You did an amazing job on this nut!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute finish! I just picked this issue up this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will have to run to B & N tomorrow and see if they have this magazine. I don't think I've seen it before. Thank you for the heads up about it. I love your Harvest acorn.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's wonderful! I'll have to look for the magazine. Hope B&N has it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very very cute finish! I especially love the way you have the three leaves of wool on the acorn top! And of course, the special button! That is one nice project! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable finish!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an adorable finish! Your finishing is wonderful! I don't get this magazine. Can you believe I don't get a single magazine?

    ReplyDelete
  19. It IS a nice issue!

    Cute finish!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome finish Vonna! Love seeing it finished as an acorn adn you picked a great spot in your home to display it. I'm not fond of core exercises either but this sure makes your spot a little homier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What an adorable finish.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cutie, cute, cute! What a great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I don't think anything makes crunches and ab work any more fun, but that sure is good scenery! Congrats on the quick and adorable finish. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Another super sweet finish, Vonna! Love how it kooks hanging on your door!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh what an adorable finish!

    ReplyDelete
  26. So cute Vonna and your finishing is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your finish! It may not make your workout any more palatable, but it may make you smile more often!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very cute. I may have to pick that issue up.

    ReplyDelete
  29. After reading your post earlier today, guess what I got in the mail? Yes, the Nov issue you showed. I love it. I bought it on line because I don't subscribe to it (yet). LOVE your acorn finsih - CUTE CUTE CUTE:)
    love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  30. That is such a cute stitchy piece! Love the cover one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a cute little finish. I do love the way it is finished. Thanks for the heads up about that magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very happy you! Fantastic design and finish and totally cute's up the door wonderfully. I will have to look for the magazine. I haven't had a subscription to this one in years.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful as always!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I went to the store today to get a copy. It' not out yet and I didn't renew my subscription. I hope I don't miss it. Your acorn is delightful and it's in a great spot!

    ReplyDelete
  35. How lovely. A fantastic finish Vonna.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love this finish, perfect for your door. It is sweet you added one of your grannies buttons. It's those little things that mean so much. Your fall decorations are stunning !! For those of us stitchers, it is so neat to add the finishes among the decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Another pretty finish! Now you will have to continue the tradition of placing a seasonal stitched piece on your door....eye candy while doing your daily crunches!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh, such a perfect finish, Vonna!! Will have to check out that magazine for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love it - great finish

    ReplyDelete
  40. You truly must be the world's fastest stitcher! Beautiful stitching and finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  41. What a cute finish! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I saw this as well and have kitted it up. I hope to start stitching it soon; you did a great job! Your house looks lovely.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  43. An amazing finish (as always), Vonna. My CS&N issue is late!
    Your lovely home is all set for Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Beautiful finish Vonna! You were so fast stitching and finishing this one😊

    ReplyDelete
  45. It's a an adorable finish Vonna!

    ReplyDelete
  46. It's very cute, congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  47. Seriously...that acorn finish is TOO CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Oh, you do make me smile! I think I might even do crunches if I could have this view. What am I saying? With my lousy hip I can't even get down on the floor right now. Phewwww!
    Seriously, this is such a sweet finish. I must add this to my to-stitch list.

    ReplyDelete
  49. what nut lover would not just fall into this one…bless your sweet heart

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher