Monday, May 13, 2013

Peace Sheep...

O' Happy Day! I just had a finish! May I present:
 
"Peace Sheep"
designed by: Little House Needleworks ~ Diane Williams
Copyright 2013
Stitched on 30 ct. Dark Chino by R & R
Stitched with DMC threads
 
Peace Sheep
 
This sheepie reminds me of one of my most favorite hymns, and one that I was honored to sing recently at church:
 
"Peace is flowing like a river,
Flowing out through you and me,
Spreading out into the desert,
Setting all the captives free."

 
Peace Sheep 1
 
When you think of peace what do you think about?....
 
Peace Sheep 2
 
The word "Peace" also brings to mind a favorite Psalm of mine ~ Psalm 23:4
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me."
 
No mention of peace here....rather comfort and that certainly brings peace! (or at least to my mind it does!)
 
Peace Sheep 3
 
So yea! Here's my little flock....
and yes, I know I'm behind....on these too....
 
Sheep Flock as of May
 
We're still hopping busy...
but in a *really* good way! Here is Miss Katie during the Underclassmen Honor's Night, receiving her award:
 
Katie Honor Night
 
Here she is pictured with fellow honorees...
and best friends, Kamryn on left and Ajay on right.
 
Honor Kids
 
Mother's Day found me...
working at the hospital, but I returned home to many unexpected surprises! Here are two lovely flowers to put in my garden. I got these from Kamryn (pictured above) and Kaycee (who are brother and sister) and family friends of ours. Both kiddos are frequent visitors to our home and they (and their Mama) surprised me with these sweet gifts yesterday!
 
Mother's Day 1
 
Then Ajay (also pictured above)...
surprised me with this Yankee Candle in my favorite flavor of cake! YUM! It smells as good as a big slice of cake and no calories :)
 
Mother's Day 2
 
All of these kids...
I am lucky to have a "mothering/mentoring/friend" type of relationship with...and I truly love them like they are my own. It is gratifying to see that they love me too!
 
My own kiddos (and sweet husband)...
got me a strawberry pie from Bob Evan's! They know me so well. I love those things and Keith ordered one especially for me. I'm ashamed to say, I ate half of the pie in two days...elliptical here I come.........
 
Well my dear readers...
that does it for me today. I've started another piece and hopefully in short order I'll be back on to show you my efforts!
 
Until next time...
I'll be keeping my hands to work and heart to God, just like always!
 
Vonna   xxx

33 comments:

  1. Another wonderful piece. Glad your Mother's Day was great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your finish! These sheep are just so wonderful! How wonderful that you have these kids who consider you to be a second mother. So sweet! You are a special person. Glad you had a good Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty, pretty flock! Don't even talk about being behind...I haven't started mine, yet. Congrats to Miss Katie and her friends, and to the Mama who nurtures them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flock is growing and wonderful! Congratulations to Katie. Friends are so important and an so happy both you and Katie have awesome friends in your lives, yum yum on the strawberry pie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finish Vonna! I'm sure you will be adding more to your bowl in the coming months:)

    So glad you had a good Mother's Day (even though you had to work) with unexpected gifts!

    Have a good week:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finish Vonna! You will have that bowl filled up before you know it.

    Glad you had good Mother's day even though you had to work! Isn't it nice to receive unexpected gifts?

    Have a good week:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a perfect Mother's day to me!!!!!!! Cute finish too, I love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great finish Vonna... Okay next timne I am at the mall I will have to go into Yankee Candle and look for that Red Velvet scent.... Sounds heavenly. I am so glad you had a nice Mothers Day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done on the sheep ornaments - they look fantastic! I love how you've finished them off too - very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful finish as always! It sounds like you had a wonderful Mothers Day! I too have found great joy in being a mentor to some of my sons friends. It's priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty little piece! And I hear you about eating half a pie. I have done that many times.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your stitching is so pretty. I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You DID have a great Mother's Day!!! And the bowl of pillows are just too cute! Congrats......

    ReplyDelete
  14. A gorgeous finish. Lovely mother's day gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vonna: Congratulations to Katie with the award, great work.
    Happy Mothers Day.
    Love the finish on your project, the pillows are lovely.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your stitching and finishes are always so special and so lovely! Thanks for sharing them with us.

    Congratulations to your children - you have every reason to be so proud of them and so proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh chacun de vos articles est une grande joie pour moi, j'aime tellement vos réalisations, les coussins sont sublimes !
    bisous from FRANCE

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another adorable finish, Vonna--I loved the shot of all three of them together :) You must be one proud momma with all of Katie's honors! And I'm happy you enjoyed such a special Mother's Day--that strawberry pie sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your sheep series is turning out great! I'm glad you had a great Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Vonna,
    I love your finish of peace sheep. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on Peace.

    Congratulations to Katie and her friends.

    Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day. I bet the pie was delicious!



    ReplyDelete
  21. Vonna beautifully stitched and finished as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The virtues are lovely designs, I like the bowl you display them in.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful! Those pieces look great in your bowl. Sounds like you had a lovely Mother's Day even though you had to work.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your finish is beautiful! Love your sheep!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful finishes Vonna and glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day, despite your day at work.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful finish, Vonna and I love how you display them. Isn't it wonderful when you love your kid's friends and they love you back!? Congrats to your DD and her pals, too!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your pillows, they look so pretty in your bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love your finish , and the display in the bowl ! Congrats to your daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love seeing your sheep finishes each month, Vonna. You do such a wonderful job both with the stitching and finishing!!! Sounds like you had a perfect Mother's Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Another wonderful project finished. They all look so good in your display bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Another great finish! I should thank you for your tutorial on finishing like this, I used it recently but need to post a picture on my blog. It was very helpful so thank you.

    Looks like you had a great Mother's Day ~ cuz you're a great Mom. :D

    Congrats to "smarty pants" she is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  32. You are so blessed and your faith is refreshing to hear about. Love the sheep

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love your sheep! When I think of Peace, I think of the verse from John 14:27. Peace I leave you, my peace I give unto you. We sing a version of this in our choir.
    Congrats to Katie! I'm glad you enjoyed a lovely Mother's Day despite working. Been there on many occasions!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher