Wednesday, November 02, 2011

The Amber Linen...

Have had lots of posts about what is the true linen I've used for Lizzie Kate's "6 Fat Men". I am using the linen that was called for in the pattern. I mislabelled the color in my first post, so here is all the information about the linen for all the inquiring minds:

The linen color is: Amber (not Mocha like I had written in the "snow friends" post- SORRY!)
It comes in 28 ct. and 32 ct. (mine is 28 ct.)
It is by Wichelt

The linen is very stiff...but that is why the stitching looks 3-Dimensional as it is fabulous as far as holding the stitches and maintaining and even tension with the stitches. (Which I got smacked on the hand about by the Fair Judge this summer - that I had areas of "uneven tension" in my stitching....which I think was due to the fabric but...I'm trying to become a better stitcher so am paying extra close attention to my stitches and their tension - this fabric makes it very easy to have perfect stitches). And may I also say, the stiffness and almost like slippery surface making picking the stitches out (which I had a large experience with on Snow Friends) very easy too!

:) Happy Stitching!
Signature

15 comments:

  1. EEk! I don't think I'll be entering my stitching in the fair any time soon if you got "scolded" for uneven tension!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when the linen is a little stiff and slick, seems to make the stitching go easier! I am planning on stitching something to enter in the state fair next year, thanks for the tip on the tension!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness me! If YOU got criticised then where does that leave the rest of us?? I am a hopeless case! You're stitching is wonderful. Nuff said!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how snow friends looks on the fabric stitched up. Beautiful piece. I agree , your stitching is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that 3D effect, (I think of it as bas-relief) and am so obsessed with it that I never cinch my stitching in the hinge of the q-snap! That stiff wichelt makes laying stitches (when stitching 2 threads) so easy, and so is frogging as you say!

    This is also why I like 1/2 on smaller linens so that I can stop with my laying OCD!

    At first I was a soft-linener, then a stiff-linner, and now I see that both can have their uses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for the tip on the tension..i will keep it in my mind now..
    keep well and happy stithcing xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. good grief if you've been smacked on the hand then there is no hope for the rest of us ... your stitching is gorgeous ... love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I predict a run on Wichelt Amber! Your stitching on it is gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG I can't believe you had a smacked hand and think you need to be a better stitcher. I think I ought to give up now as there is no hope.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad to know that I'm not the only one who struggles to achieve nice stitches on flimsy fabric! Some of these new hand-dyeds are so tissue-like and it becomes very frustrating.

    Like Nancy, I like my linen stiff and slick! Among other things ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh....Vonna dear...I think your stitching is PERFECT and respectfully disagree with the Fair judges. Who ARE these people and where do they get their "expert stitcher" credentials? This is just my two cents, but unless it's someone like Darleen O'Steen, I'm gonna just go ahead and disregard their opinion.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are a beautiful stitcher. My tension is pretty even but I use a hoop and credit the hoop with even tension.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow I can't believe someone said that about your stitching! What were they doing?? Looking under a high-powered magnifying glass?? Some judges can be really picky! I hope they were at least nice about they're criticism.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They're precious - you know how it is when you SEE something stitched...well these are about as close to seeing them without actually being there in person. Great tension, great stitching, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. is a beautiful fabric, and he stichies look great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher