Monday, January 18, 2010

Gim'me an A

Happy MLK Day to my fellow Americans!
I hope this finds you all well and enjoying your day no matter if you have it off or not :) My kids are off school today and we've had a PJ day as the weather outside is dull and gloomy. It's a red letter day, a PJ day that is, and I've enjoyed every moment of it! I just finished the final stitches on my Prairie Schooler Alphabet Sampler and here it is, the first installment:

Prairie Schooler Alphabets ~ Letter A
1/1 on 25 ct. lugana (Vonna's Bake and Basted formula)
using DMC as charted

Have you....
been following the progress over on the Prairie Schooler ABC Stitching Bee?There are ladies that started in December or even early January and have 3, 4 and more squares already done! It's amazing and everyone is doing their "own thing" with their projects. Its fun, yet a bit daunting to me....but I've met another goal of my personal January goals and it was to get this letter A block done. So WHOO HOO for me :)

Next....
you ask? Well....it's a surprise, of course! An oldie, that I didn't even know existed, nor that I even owned it (how sad is that) until I was rearranging and organizing my stitching stash and BLAM! there it was! Oh, I'm excited about this one. So excited in fact that I'll give you a hint. Its from an older book, one of my most favorite designers and it will go on one of my "walls" that I've been talking about creating. Hmmm....so that would be either the sampler wall or the Adam and Eve wall. Guess you'll have to wait and see! This whole wait and see deal that I've got going on this year in my blog has rejuvenated my stitching and blogging mojos. I sure do want to stitch fast so that I can surprise you. And I think that maybe my readers, visitors, friends and family are enjoying it too because I've received lots of positive feedback about it :) Cool beans!


Speaking of organizing....
yesterday my hubbie dearest took me to Office Depot. He wanted to purchase a new monitor for one of our computers because he thought the old monitor was not right (or something). Anyhoo, while he was checking out the monitors, I was aimlessly walking around. I found this 15 drawer organizing unit and was standing there salivating thinking of all the fabric and over-dyed threads I could fill it up with, but didn't want to ask for it because we've had an expensive couple of months. Well hubbie dearest came up and asked if I liked it. I said "yep" and he said, "not only is it functional but it looks nice enough that you could put it in our living room and then someday when you have a craft room it could go in there." I said to him with my eyes the size of silver dollars, "Someday I'll have a craft room?" and he said, "Sure you will when the kids are grown. I'll fix one all up for you with that Martha Stewart shelving and corner desk deal like you want." Well hootie hoot! That was news to me! So anyway, the hubbie dearest purchased my 15 drawer organizer and now I'm all organized up (after 6 hours of going through crapola). I have all my GAST, WDW, CC's and fabrics at the touch of my fingers. Ask for a color and all I'll need to do is walk behind my stitching chair and pull open a drawer where I have the skeins in there alphabetically and by brand. Need fabric...what count? They are all organized too by color and count. Yeppers, it was a good day!

So until next time and the next reveal....
Hands to work and hearts to God.
Love and Hugs,
Vonna

36 comments:

  1. Nice job on the stockings. Loved your comment on my blog, it made me giggle!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't organization feel good?! Now where is the picture of the cabinet? LOL Your alphabet block looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just like Myra says, where is the picture of this cabinet. I love organization!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your A finish! I've been following along and everyone's is looking great! Hooray for organization! I love those cabinets. I think I need to add a drawer onto mine. Too much stuff! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth R.3:11 PM

    Hi Vonna! It's great to see that you are doing so well with your January stitching goals. I love the stockings! Will you please share a picture of your new organizer? My current organization system for my specialty threads is too small so I'm looking for something bigger and better. Have a great day! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doesn't organization feel so good!! That's all I've been doing the past couple months - it would be fine if it was just my craft stuff - but it's been the entire house. UGH!

    I can't wait to see what new sampler you've started. Love surprises. And Woo Hoo on the PS Alphabet start! You've reminded me that I need to get crackin' on mine. It's the middle of January and I'm still not done with B!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vonna, your PS ABC finish is just gorgeous! I really admire those of you who are stitching this over one - it will be stunning when it's completed.

    Congratulations on the organizing - your hubby is definitely a keeper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your "A" is lovely! Stockings turned out great! But where's a pic of the cabinet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vonna,
    We love PJ day here. We did the PJ day yesterday! I love your letter A by PS. Nicely done! Oh please show us a picture of your new organization drawers. I can't wait to see the old project that you are going to work on next.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice letter A - beautiful stitching! I started to have a PJ day by myself but couldn't justify it so I'm just grungy. Isn't a craft room a wonderful dream? I'm supposed to have one sometime this year. Sweet husband you have!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on finishing Letter A...your stitching is beautiful as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice "A" finish. I am loving watching everyone's progress on it.

    Glad you got all your thread and fabric organized for your "future" craft room. Isn't it a great feeling to everything at your fingertips and know exactly where it is?

    Have a great day!

    BrendaS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your A block looks terrific. I envy you your 15 drawer organized stash-a-palooza! It must have been fun to do.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your Letter A! And I do hope your surprise piece is another A&E, I need a wall too, so your inspiration is great! Oh wait, I already have a million WIPs, ok I hope your next one ISN'T an A&E. lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vonna, love your A! You deserve everything your husband gets you! I know how hard you work to keep your family happy! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A! Beautiful stitching Vonna! I am very much enjoying your surprise projects :)

    And your DH sounds like a real gem! Craft room...drooooool!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice job on letter A. And now, where are the pictures of the drawers?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your letter "A" looks great. Now, I ask, like everyone else, where's the picutre of your 15 drawers, you are such a tease !LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. Photos! We want to see the photos of the newly organized 15 drawer organizer! How sweet of your sweetie to get it for you! It sure makes stitching much nicer doesn't it?

    Your PS Alphabet looks great.

    And I think it 'cruel' to tease us with what the oldie but goodie is! ;-) I'm sure it'll be a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey--where's a photo of that cabinet? (I see I'm not the only one asking...) I've got an anniversary on Friday and I think it just might make a great anniversary present!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your finish is lovely!

    What a great hubby you have! I have dreams of a craft room......someday........but I don't want to rush my boys out just yet!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Vonna,
    I ordered 2 new pairs of pajamas and they came on Friday. I have had a PJ weekend! I usually go on a stitching retreat on MLK weekend but stayed home this year. I still stitched ALOT! I also did a little organizing myself. Life is much better now. I must say, you have me beat in WIPs! 2 picnic baskets?
    Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's beautiful-looks like your off to a fab start and congrats on making your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Letter A looks wonderful, congrats on reaching a stitching goal! It's such a feeling of accomplishment to do that :) I can't wait to see what you are stitching next!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love PJ days. Can't wait for the cold weatehr to arrive so I can have more of those days.

    Lovely finish on your PS letter A.

    Your organising sounds great, but please can we have a photo. I am too curious for my own good!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Woohoo! Congrats on finishing up the A. It looks great. The whole thing, when finished, will be a wonderful addition to your decor!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your A block and I have been following the work over there very faithfully. No fair teasing us about the next project! You are on a roll and just whipping these out like a mad woman! Give me some that energy!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the storage chest. What a lovely gesture!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your have the sweetest hubby! Dang! I just called Home Depot today and requested a refund of our overpayment. And to think I coulda got one of these fabulous organizers instead. Isn't re-organizing fun?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Well, hello my friend. Just had a nice long read through your blog and got caught up. Sorry I haven't been by lately but like you time just seems to be running away from me. Computer time takes away from stitching time and I'm itching to stitch.
    Nice to see and hear all the exciting things going on.
    Sending warm hugs
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congrats on your finish and organizing!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Just catching up on blog reading after my rug hooking camp. Loved seeing your stitching nest. I'm rather surprised you use a System 4 frame - I have one I bought for needlepoint but it stays folded up all the time - I never use it - I see you seem to use qsnaps - I'll have to consider using it more. Love your BBD stockings and congrats on finsihing A is for Anchor - mine is framed and hanging but I have to admit - I finished it bfore the SAL started. On to the B - see you around - Melody

    ReplyDelete
  33. A is lovely, congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  34. Super great spot to stitch and how well you are organized, I bet you can see birds and everything at that beautiful window.
    Lovely A such beautiful work.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  35. Vonna your ABCs are looking great ~ I am also working on 25 ct over 1 and it is frustrating me. I don't know why it is going so slow. I was wondering, do you complete each cross before you move to the next or stitch the bottom of each X and then come back to do the top? Any hints for stitching faster? I am about 1/2 done with the letter S but it is so slow for me. Thanks
    Teresa / IL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher