Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Back to the Land of the Living....

Guten tag Friends!....
long time no post, huh?! With the unexpected death in the family, it sort of threw the wheel off the wagon. But everything is back to rights...or well as good as it usually is, for I never know if I'm truly on the "rights" :o)

What have I been doing these past 11 days?...
well, since you asked....I was off until this past weekend and I stayed the week of the 12th - 17th at Mama's house in Haubstadt. I stayed over to help her Seasonally Clean her house. I was happy to do it and help her out. She's 60 years young and I know it isn't as easy as it used to be going up and down ladders (heck some days I have issues with ladders) But since I'm still able bodied, I got to work. Mama and I worked as a team (which always makes work more enjoyable) and cleaned out, pitched out, power sprayed out and scrubbed out her garage - I darn well think you could eat off the floors in there now! Then we power sprayed her front and back porches, her columns on the front porch and her shutters. WHEW! This was done on Tuesday the 14th. On Wednesday we had a day of rest because frankly my rear end was kicked from the day before and it was raining anyway. On Thursday the 16th it dawned clear, sunny and hotter than hades and I washed every window in the house, pulled down the curtains and fluffed them in the dryer to knock the dust out, washed walls, appliances and then "webstered" (this is a dust cleaning thingy) all the corners and baseboards and walls, we vacuumed under all the furniture and beds, changed the sheets and VIOLA...my Mama had one clean house! I know she was grateful and I had a happy heart because I helped her :o)

Now on to stitching....
these are the current thread packs by Crescent Colours and Little House Needleworks - I model stitched them for Sharon Crescent - who framed them and took them to the Columbus Trade Show...I love these thread packs and was happy to help Sharon out, I stitched them in late April/early May - but couldn't share until they were released:


What's in my Travel Stitching Bag you ask?......
well the BBD Stockings, of course! these are such small cute projects that are easy to follow in the car, during appointments, at practices and so on - I just put them all together in a zippered pouch and as I get one done, I get the next one started. Easy, peasy, travelling stitching. I put it in my purse and its with me always :o)


I've started my first one.......
this one is the "Quilt Stars" from the July Patterns - the colors remind me of a favorite quilt of mine that my Aunt Kate made....And although I think Alma and Barb's instructions for finishing are quite clear and easy to understand, I think I have an easier way and if not easier, maybe faster? I've been thinking about it and I've had a lot of people e-mail me about finishing them, and "how to's", so I think I'll make a tutorial too....that way visual learners can see the step by step pictures. I'm visual myself....so I have to "think" in pictures and steps before I can do something. So I'm working it all out in my brain - All eyes trained here ;o) Maybe in the next few days (or weeks) I'll put one together. We'll see how fast I get this one done and then finished. I think the stitching should be done by this afternoon considering my three BIG kids have Dentist appointments.



The view outside my window.....
the other evening was heart warming and since Katie isn't the only person that has a window view at this house, I thought I'd share mine:


Ellie and Daddy playing soccer ball

Darling, isn't it?!


My baby.....
had to get his rabies shot yesterday and he was all tuckered out, they told me he would be sleepy:

But he suckered Mama out of a fishy treat (of course Chatty was sympathetic to the little guy so he suckered Mama too):


Then after the bellies were full, they hunkered down for a long, summer days nap ~with Chatty mothering Lil' Red because, well the poor little guy was just pitiful! But a big strapping boy Lil' Red is turning out to be, long gone was the 2 lb mark, now he's a big 4 lbs! :o) Mama's little eater....


So that does it for me folks.....back to the grind.

And until next time, Love and best wishes, as you count your blessings and your stitches, from our house to yours! XXxxxx

We're the best of friends
and I pray for good fortune
in everything you do, and for
your good health - that your
everyday affairs prosper,
as well as your soul!
~~3 John 1:2~~

26 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:58 AM

    Sorry that you went home but glad to see you are blogging again. I check everyday.....and yes folks I have the best daughter in the world and the cleanest house....thanks to her.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you are back, and to see everything is OK. A loss is always difficult to deal with.

    Hugs

    Paula Nunes Lima

    P. S. I'm sure the giggles of Ellie playing soccer also help, no?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back...The picture of daddy and daughter playing is very heartwarming indeed. What a nice view out of that window.
    Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew - you have been busy - glad your Mom's house is now done. Love the stitching and new start. Your pics of family and kitties are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad that you're home and back to the old routine. That's so cool that you model stitched those pieces -- they're so pretty! Love your little baby cat and kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to have you back. Your Mom must be thrilled with all the help you offered. Love these BBD stockings too and will watch for your tutorial. CJ ok;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back! I've been considering those stockings. It will be great to see yours stitched.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful post. So full of info, photos and JOY!! Of course my faves are the photos of the cats. They are so cute together.
    I do the cleaning thing for my mom and dad at the end of August when I travel out to NJ to visit. They want me to "relax and have a vacation", but I sneak in as much DIY as possible during that week. They are not old and helpless by any means, but you know how it is. They've done such much for me, it's the least I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like you have a special bond with your mum - how great!

    I like the stockings that you're working on - great catch up post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. glad to see you back and your stitching is looking great, take care,Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  11. YOu did a nice job on those models!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome home Vonna! That was so nice of you to help your mom. Love the thread packs you model stitched! They look great! :) I recently got some fabric to do some stockings. I too, thought they would be great little projects to take with me. Your kitties are so sweet. I want a kitty so bad, but have to wait until we move back to FL. We're not aloud to have them in the condo we're in. :( Glad to see you back!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmmm where to start?
    Love the kitty pics. Little Red is so precious. But then all babies are. :)
    A stocking tutorial? Sounds fabulous. Yours are so easy to follow. I just may have to get the BBD stockings so I can try one. :)
    I absolutely love your model stitches. These are both on my to do list. (The one that keeps getting longer and longer. LOL)
    I am sorry to hear about the death in the family. :( My condolences to you all.
    And now that you have your Moms house all spic and span can you come do mine?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, sounds like you had a busy week. Good to hear your mom's house is clean and ready for some relaxing. Nice stitching pics.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Vonna,

    I missed you!! That's so sweet to help your mama clean the house up. I love the tired I feel after a good housecleaning.

    BBD stocking tutorial? Yippee! I can't wait..

    When you get a chance, stop by, I'm having a giveaway :)

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow - you have been so busy!!! Glad you're back bloggin'

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the colours you've chosen for Quilt Stars and the thread packs are just darling!! Aaw, your furbabies are just too cute! Lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both of the stitching pieces looks wonderful, those are both precious designs! Your start is looking fantastic! What a wonderful pic of Ellie and Daddy playing in the yard. That is one of those picture perfect moments! Chatty and Lil' Red looks adorable napping together. I am sure that Lil' Red is all back to normal now!!

    Please stop by my blog and see the July 17th post as there is something there for you!!
    http://stitchingkorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so sorry to hear about your family's loss, Vonna. You're all in my thoughts & prayers.

    Beautiful stitching, as always! YGG for helping your mom with all that cleaning, too. It sounded like a huge amount of work but I know the reward is even bigger. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so happy you are going to do a tutorial on finishing these Blackbird Designs Stockings. I have 10 ready to finish the backs and I am a little hung up on finishing. So, I can't wait to see how you are going to show finishing them. I will be watching for your tutorial.

    CROSS STITCH WOMAN

    ReplyDelete
  21. So glad to see you back!! You were one busy lady when you are away!!! Those stockings are truely beautiful, and I can't wait to see yours done~~

    ReplyDelete
  22. Can't wait to see those stockings! Every time I see them I feel the need to increase my stash.
    The models you stitched look fantastic. I might have to add one (or both)of them to my stash too. That's the dangerous part of blogging,it always leads to more spending,lol!
    Red is adorable. I've been trying without success in convincing my DH that Clarisse needs a companion. I'll keep working on it.

    My condolences to all of you on the death of your MIL. You are all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  23. We could use a seasonal cleaning around here. You've been busy!

    Sorry to hear of the death in your family. Praise God for His love and mercy. I'm sure she rests peacefully in His care.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm sure your Momma is glad to have you help her. Lil'Red is cute as a button. I'm glad that Chatty likes the new kitty. They look so sweet together. Butters and Daisy are that way over here. I'll be watching for that stocking how-to. Have a wonderful rest of the week!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  25. How busy you are! I too stitch for Sharon and I love it! Hopefully she will be sending me another package soon and I can't wait. Thanks for all of your inspriation and hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh! I had missed pictures of the fur babies! They're so cute together! I'm glad they like each other as well as they do.
    Ellie and her father are cute too!
    I can't wait to see how you finish the stocking. I didn't like the finished ones I've seen. Flat and hard. I want something stuffed. Curious what you'll do.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher