Monday, June 22, 2009

Thank yous all around!

Hello my dear friends! I have a wonderful exchange to share with you today! I was asked to join a Patriotic Exchange through a personal exchange group and my partner was Becky K. She picked lovely designs from Anita's Little Stitches aren't these beautiful?!:


TOP: front of biscornu
BOTTOM: back of biscornu
Designer: Anita's Little Stitches
Patriotic Exchange from Becky K.
Goodies ~ Becky also sent me a mount rushmore bookmark...but that was confiscated by a little reader with black cat-eye glasses that lives in my home....hmmmm....so it is not pictured....

I love Patriotic Themes and have a lot of Americana in my home...these little lovelies will find a rightful place of honor here one shall go in my biscornu basket and the other shall live on my Freedom Scissors on my Scissors wall board. :) Thank you Becky! You did an awesome job...the work, stitching and finishing is apparent in this lovely ensemble! THANK YOU!

Next Up: Father's Day Celebration....we celebrated Father's Day on Saturday. I worked this weekend and Saturday proved to be a light day so I was home earlier than normal, Ian had baseball tournament games on Sunday so Saturday was the day for us to celebrate our wonderful Daddy! I made Keith's favorite meal which is Minute Steak in Ketchup Gravy, made it once when we were dating, not long after we were engaged ;) It's *that* good! Anyway....I think my Mama (who made the recipe calls it Swiss Steak)....I don't know...all I know is
A.) I think it Rocks
B.) apparently my family does too

I always make it with mashed potatoes so we can use the gravy on the taters complimented with either corn (my personal favorite) or green beans (another personal favorite). Heck next time I may get all jiggy with it and make it with both corn and green beans! I digress......anyway here's pictures to prove the love:



Ian is saying come on already..."let's eat" because this is about the 15th picture I took...

Here Keith is yawning, Katie's trying to be happy because I'm getting mad, Jake's staring out the window, Ellie won't look at me and I cut off Ian's entire body....

So....you'll just have to take my word for it....we love each other, we're happy our Daddy loves us and takes good care of us, we are thankful for Daddy and we also had a cake. Which is another whole story...I told Keith to get a dessert from the store because I wouldn't have time to make one. He brought home a Pink Cake with Hot Pink piping and Blue/Purple flowers. I took one look at it and said, "Happy Father's Day!"....LOL! Good grief!

On ending....how about that recipe for Swiss Steak? Might as well share the goodness....I know my American Readers will be able to make it, I don't know about my foreign readers due to the ingredients...but here goes:

Monica's Swiss Steak:

1. Package of Cubed Steak (I always get 8 - 10)

2. Make a dredging flour for the steak by using 1 cup of flour with salt and pepper to taste (I use probably around a Tablespoon of each); mix up well
3. Dredge both sides of the steak in the flour; tap off excess
4. Once all steaks are dredged then start pan frying the steaks in a skillet with 1 inch of oil; fry until done, place on a plate with paper towels to drain.
5. Once all the steaks are fried, pour off excess frying oil, but leave the bits of steak/coating in the pan, I just drain the oil and then use a paper towel to pat off the excess that won't pour off. Set aside.
6. In a large mixing cup (or bowl) put 1 cup of ketchup, 2 envelopes of Lipton's French Onion Soup mix and 2 cups of water...mix well. Put the steaks in the skillet, put the skillet on medium heat, pour the mixture above over the steaks, let simmer on the stove until the gravy thickens.

PRESTO!
A lovely down home, Paula Deen type meal, y' all! Use the gravy for mashed potatoes and/or some dinner roll/biscuit dipping! YUM-O :o)

Until next time....love and best wishes (and dishes!), while your counting all those blessings and stitches, from our house to yours! XXxxxx

22 comments:

  1. What a lovely gift from Becky. She sure put a lot of thought into it.
    Looks like you had a fun Father's Day even if kids and camera didn't cooperate so well.
    Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fob & biscornu are very cute!

    It sounds like you had a nice Father's Day (photographyc evidence to the contrary!); we celebrated Father's Day by going out to my Keith's favorite burger joint LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops - that should have said "photographic"

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great father's day your Keith had. It really looks great.

    Love your biscornu and scissor fob you got. I just love Anita's designs.

    Have a lovely week. Love Patti xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful day!

    and the biscornu is lovely..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anita's design is lovely, and Becky certainly did a beautiful job stitching and finishing. There is something so appealing about patriotic designs in the hot summer!

    The Swiss Steak sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I know what I'm making for dinner tonight. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, isn't that how photo shoots are supposed to be??? Looks like a yummy time :)

    Love the exchange you received from Becky, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You were trying to get everyone to cooperate for a picture?? You are a vaery bold woman Vonna!

    Lovely exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely exchange you received! Don't you just adore Patriotic? Love you recipe and I have it printed off, I have made something similar, but this sounds grand!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vonna,

    What a fun filled post! I love your spirit and spunk.

    The exchange from BeckyK is top notch. Her workmanship is awe inspiring.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely exchange !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Biscornu and Fob from Becky.
    Your family sure is cute!
    Happy belated Father's Day to your hubby, he seems like such a wonderful dad and Husband!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a great exchange!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a great package you got from Becky!!!
    Sounds like you had a very good father's day~ Your family is so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely gift! A lot of thought went into the goodies, too. Very nice! :)

    LOL abou the Father's Day cake! You are indeed very blessed to have such a wonderful guy as the father of your kids. :) Thanks for the recipe! I don't know if we have french onion soup mix here but I'll look!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous4:24 PM

    Happy belated Father's Day to your DH! I, too, fixed my DH's favorite meal - patio steaks on the grill, broccoli salad, and oven-baked hash browns - good to the last bite!
    As luck would have it, I picked up some cubed steak when I was in town earlier today. Guess what we are having for supper tonight!
    Thanks for the recipe,
    Cindy in Northern Indiana

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yea for another kitty! I have 3, John will kill me if another one drops by! hahaha
    I'll have to try the gravy part of the recipe. It sounds alot like country fried steak sans the gravy.
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely exchange! I have never heard of Anita's Little Stitches. Such a wonderful design. Sounds like a great time was had on Father's Day. Thanks for the recipe. Sounds yummy! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OK, I bought the cube steak today and found some onion soup buried in the pantry. I'll let you know how it goes over tonight!
    BTW, love the biscornu--it is on my list of goals for 2009 to finally stitch (and finish) one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous exchange! Fathers day looks like it went great! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lucky you...the exchange from BeckyK (she's good!) is beautiful.
    Love the Father's Day pics, especially Ian. :D I need to try your recipe, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher