Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Little House's State Fair Framed!

Good 'day Friends :) Today IS a good day because it is the last day of school for the Pfeiffer kids! ALLELUIA! A much needed break is in the forecast for calm and cool days, with nothing but fun, laughter and smiles predicted for the forseeable future. I love this time of year because not only do we all need to slow down, but it is an ending for a new beginning in the fall...summer is sort of the caterpillar stage in the cycle, we have fun in the sun crawling around, lazing the days away.... and in the fall we'll coccoon ourselves in school to grow our minds and emerge in the spring a fully formed butterfly to lay our eggs and start the cycle over. Always changing, always cycling. . . always living! Deep thoughts by Tim Handy..... (remember that on Saturday Night Live) LOL!

On the stitching front......I had some custom frames made for my State Fair and here it is:





"State Fair"
Designer: Little House Needleworks ~ Diane Williams
Fabric: 28 ct. evenweave coffee/tea bake and basted by moi
Fibers: DMC
Now.... it's hanging in a place of honor in my kitchen....I LOVE IT!
Thank you...... for your kind comments on my Pie Safe. I love it too...there is no greater pleasure I get in life than making my house a home. I don't need to travel or seek solitude anywhere else in life or in the world, as long as I always have my home to shelter me. I'm on vacation every day inside its comforting walls :)
Off to stitch..... for a few minutes before I go to my children's school to attend the awards ceremony today during Honor Day....I have HIGH hopes for the Pfeiffer kids ;)
Until next time my dear friends..... love and best wishes - as you count your blessings and your stitches - from our house to yours! XXxxxx
God's Fingers can touch nothing
but to mold it into loveliness.
~~George MacDonald~~

29 comments:

  1. Love the "State Fair"! Beautiful colors! :) The frame is a perfect complement. Hasn't the price of frames gotten ridiculous??

    ReplyDelete
  2. The frame is perfect for that! I think this is such a fun piece, makes me think of a specific building at our own state fair! Nice job!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely framing job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great frame Vonna! have fun with those kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEAH SCHOOL'S OUT! State Fair looks perfect in that frame. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Vonna, the stitching is beautiful and I love your choice of frame! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your framed State Fair is wonderful, Vonna! You must be so pleased with it.

    Enjoy your summer. My son is the last to finish up the school year when he gets out on Friday. I am looking forward to things slowing down a bit, too. More time to stitch! ;) I'm sure the Pfeiffer clan cleaned up at the awards ceremony.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a BEAUTIFUL finish, Vonna!
    The frame is awesome with it as well.
    When I read your post about liking home as a vacation, I can relate to that. Everyone I work with plans all these expensive trips and vacations and stuff and I usually stay at home and love it because after we moved to the mountains, I feel like my home is a vacation! I ordered The Sampler Girl's Jane Austen sampler several months ago about "comforts of home" and plan to stitch and put in my family room.
    Jennifer
    http://www.feathersinthenest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous frame. Beautifully colored to match the stitch.
    Enjoy, those lazy, hazy summer days. They never seem to last long enough.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just LOVE the idea of thinking of my home as being on vacation!! You say the neatest things, Vonna. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the framing on State Fair. Your cupboard is looking fine and dandy now and oh so much better than the blue!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your stitching is beautiful as always. I love the summer vacation time also, just a chance to do what you want.
    tammy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute finish, nicely framed. Good luck to the Pfeiffer children!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well said Vonna--I too love to stay at home on vacation instead of travel!! State Fair looks GREAT. I started it shortly after you finished yours, about 1/2 done now and loving it. It reminds me of our County Fair--Families get together to share some good old fashioned FUN. It's the highlight of our summer--lots of work with 4-H projects, but it's all worth it!! Take care and stay safe

    theresa in NW Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  15. The framing is perfect! Ihope your summer is too.

    (And yes, I picked out my new puppy's name. It means Red King in Irish. Kind of appropiate. Thank you so very much for your comment on my blog.)

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woo Hoo Summer! I can recall those days, oh how I miss them! Even though I hate the heat!
    State Fair looks great in the frame and I'm glad you're enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful framing !!!

    Here we still have 5 weeks before the summer vacations begin ... maybe the sun will come back in time ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful finish!!! This is near the top of my to do pile! As a former 4-Her & the mother of three former 4-Her's, this is a must do!!!
    Love the frame!!!! Mind if I show my husband & see if he can do something similar?!!?

    ReplyDelete
  19. That frame work is incredible. I love it! I adore how the frame hugs the piece ~ Excellent job, Vonna!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful framing job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous framing Vonna, congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love Saturday Night Live! Your piece looks fantastic framed and I am sure that it looks awesome hanging in the kitchen!! We done the awards ceremonies yesterday here. Have a great rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. State Fair looks terrific with this frame.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this! I bet it looks perfect in your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautifully framed Vonna!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful framing! I know it looks great in your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher