Monday, April 06, 2009

My Crafty Weekend...

Happy Monday Friends :) I had a crafty goodness weekend and I'll be happy to show you how I spent it....I stitched on The Goode Huswife's ~ "The Bee Man's Garden" and here's where I ended up on Saturday evening:The Bee Man's Garden
Designer: The Goode Huswife
Started: 04/05/09
Fabric: 40 ct. Purely Primitive Newcastle linen by Silkweavers
Fibers: DMC

On Sunday.... I worked on these:

What are they you ask? They are appliqued wool "pennies" for a Penny Rug....I've always wanted a Penny Rug, so I just bit the bullet and started one. I love the colors so far, and I nearly have all the pennies done, all I have to do is put the backing on them and lay out a pretty arrangement and sew them together and I'll have a table runner. Sweet, huh? I have big ideas about more of these now that I have successfully started one :o)

So there's my weekend :o) I'll not be blogging again this week since it is Holy Week. My family and I will be attending many Masses this week in honor of the sacrifice that was made for us to have eternal life. I will remember all of you as I fast and pray. I would be honored if you would remember us in your prayers too.

Until next time.....love and best wishes, as you count your blessings and your stitches, from our house to yours. XXxxxx

In the beginning was the one who is called the Word.
The Word was God and was truly God.
From the very beginning the Word was with God. And with this Word God created all things.
Nothing was made without the Word. Everything that was created received its life from Him, and His life gave light to everyone.
The light keeps shining in the dark, and the darkness has never put it out.
God sent a man named John who came to tell about the light and to lead all people to have faith. John wasn't the light, he only came to tell about the light.
The true light that shines on everyone was coming into the world. The Word was in the world, but no one knew Him, though God had made the world with his Word.
He came into His own world, but His own nation did not welcome him.
Yet some people accepted Him and put their faith in Him. So He gave them the right to be the children of God. They were not God's children by nature or because of any human desires. God himself was the one who made them his children.
The Word became a human being and lived here with us. We saw his true glory, the glory of the only Son of the Father. From Him all the kindness and all the truth of God have come down to us. ~~John 1: 1-14

Some of us know the story of his death, but if you don't I urge you to read: Luke 23, Matthew 27, Mark 15 and John 19 - if your heart is open it will change your life ~ He shall make all things new.

Father, remember me when you come into your Kingdom.

42 comments:

  1. Bee man is so pretty Vonna! And WOW on those pennies--all that pretty felt has me wanting one now. Are they easy? I'll be looking forward to seeing your progress on that one. Have a wonderful Holy Week, and see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work! I was so anxious to see some stitching on Bee Man's Garden, as I wasn't familiar with the pattern. Now I'm DEFINITELY going to be purchasing the whole series when she releases it all together :) YIPPEE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wonder you were so interested in finding the other colonial garden patterns! That is beautiful!

    I hope your family has a holy Holy Week.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your GH is looking good! The pennies are really pretty, can't wait to see your penny rug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Bee Man! and my you are fast!
    Amen

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely beehive :) And I look forward to seeing more of your penny rug! Have a very special Holy Week Vonna.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely progress on your GH piece Vonna. I love the penny rug too, I've been thinking about doing one for myself, so I shall be interested to see how yours turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh the Bee Man is looking great and what great colors for a Penny Rug! I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful projects Vonna! Can't wait to see your penny rug finish!!! Wishing you many blessings during Holy Week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8:59 AM

    My BIL is a BeeKeeper, and I would love to stitch this for his wife! I will definitely buy the series when it is released. I hope you and your family have a peaceful Holy Week, and a beautiful Easter when we celebrate our risen Christ! Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Morning--I so love your blog. It is so inspirational, both in motivating me to work on projects and in the religious sense. It is Holy Week for my family too (my boys get to serve Easter Mass this year--they are sooo excited. I love this time of year--everything is new and fresh. New beginnings!! From our house to yours--have a Blessed Easter Season!! Theresa in NW Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vonna,

    May you and yours have a Blessed and joyous Easter.
    I hadn't read that passage from John in a long time. Thank you for your beautiful messages.

    Ph, and your stitching is fabulous. Love those "pennies". I've never heard of a penny rug. I can't wait to see yours finished.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your start on the Bee Man's Garden and I really love your pennies! Great colors and aren't they fun to make? Can't wait to see your finished rug and more progress on the Bee Man.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bee Man is looking great. Happy Easter to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vonna,
    Your pennies are lovely ... a penny table runner has been on my to do list for a long time, too ... I am ashamed to say I have had the wool for five years now and still haven't gotten around to it.
    May you and your family have a blessed Holy Week. I know that Easter is the central feast day of our faith [both liturgically and theologically] but I have to admit that the Mass of the Lord's Supper on Holy Thursday is the liturgy that "speaks" to me most during Holy Week. We are lucky to have Tenebrae in my parish for Holy Thursday, Good Friday and Saturday as well as the usual liturgies.

    A blessed and happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutly LOVE that goode Huswife.. I do wish some of these were still around for purchase, you are moving along nicley.

    Enjoy your beautiful week with your family. Thoughts and prayers are with ya'll
    Take Care
    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely LOVE that Goode Huswife. I really wish some of these were still around so we could buy them. But thinking about it didn't someone say that the designer of Goode Huswife said that she was bringing out a book with them in? I could be wrong that's nothing usual. I hope you have a lovely Easter. Love Patti xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the start of your penny rug. Great colors. Have a happy and safe Easter week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very Pretty, Vonna. I can't wait to see how your runner turns out. I'd never heard of a penny rug before. Neat! Will keep you and yours in my prayers this week. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gosh you have been as busy as a bee this past weekend. Nice to see what you have been up to and I can't wait to see your Penny Rug as I like them :)
    Enjoy the church services and take care x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Bee man is looking so pretty. And I love them penny rug wools. The Goode Huswife has a penny rug design, have you seen that one?
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Goregous work all the way around!!! I too have always wanted a Penny rug....maybe one day!!

    Hus
    gs
    -missy-

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love Bee-man and your penny rug - what a great idea! Love your verses - we memorized them years ago when my children were in AWANA. Hope your week brings you closer to HIM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Bee Man's Garden is looking so pretty, and the penny rug looks so fun. I'll enjoy watching both of them grow. Have a great special week.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Easter! I cannot wait to see the penny rug project completed. It looks so cute so far.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, you did have a great crafty weekend! Love the Good Huswife and the penny runner....Well done

    ReplyDelete
  27. Have a blessed week my dear and you're going to have to show me what a Penny Rug is...I honestly have never heard of one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow ! You're fast ! Bee Man is looking great ! Can't wait to see your penny rug ;>
    Have a great week ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Have a blessed week, Vonna!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What delightful crafty goodness, Vonna! :D

    ReplyDelete
  31. wow, you have made wonderful progress already. Looking great!
    can't wait to see what the penny rug looks like. I have heard of them but never seen them.
    Easter Blessings to you & yours. He is risen! He is risen indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Vonna, I am in awe of your progress on The Bee Man's Garden! It looks fabulous. Love that blotchy piece of Purely Primitive, too!

    I just read your comment (thanks!) on my blog, and unfortunately, I did not make the penny rug in my header pic; it was an Ebay purchase. I would LOVE to get into penny rug making, though, and just LOVE your start! I can't wait to see what you do with it. :) I've thought/dreamed about rug hooking, too. I've seen some rug hooking designs by M Shaw and some Adam & Eve designs that I'd just love to do. I'm afraid to get into it because I go whole hog into everything.

    Have a blessed Easter week!

    ReplyDelete
  33. My, my what lovely things you've been creating! Nice easter basket too!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'll be keeping you and your family in my prayers this week, Vonna.

    Have a very blessed Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  35. OH Bee Man is looking so neat, Vonna!!! And your penny rug start is FABULOUS!!! I envy you all of your talents, look forward to seeing your next progresses!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love your xs project and the penny rug will be gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful progress on your Bee Man' Garden!
    And thanks for sharing such a beautiful scripture:)
    I hope you have a very blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow! You'll have that project done in no time! It looks great so far.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh, I love the Bee Man's Garden. The Goode Huswife is such a wonderful designer.

    ReplyDelete
  40. The Bee Man's Garden looks lovely and I really look forward to seeing more of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Your penny rug is looking good, Vonna! I have one I did, and hope to do more, too. They're fun and so traditional. I'm in love with the wools. Thank you for posting the scriptures...:) Love and hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher