Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday, Monday...

Happy Monday Friends! Might as well celebrate it, rather than hiding from it :)

Today I've got a jam packed full day of running...I throw the "Star Party" at school this a.m. for all the weekly STARS. The Star Party is basically breakfast witht he principal for all the kids that have been named Stars for the following week. The previous week the "Stars" have led by example and have had all their homework turned in, used their best behavior, been a leader, been a friend...etc. Luckily this Monday, one of my kiddos (Jake) is a Star, so I'll at least be able to party with him. After the party and clean up....then I get to come home for an hour or so...then it's off to Noon Mass - our church is hosting a mission and the Archbishop is here giving Mission talks, I want to attend - so Ellie and I will spend an hour or so with the Lord. Then its zoom back home in time to pick up the kids from school, then band, then supper, then cub scouts....then bed, hopefully. Somewhere in there I hope to stitch.... :) There is no rest for the wicked.


A little something to share today, I recently made two ornaments for the Christmas Ornament Swap Exchange group that I am in until June. Here is March's ornament for Jill :

Taken from: Prairie Schooler's December Leaflet
Fabric: 28 ct. black lugana
Fibers: DMC
Finished as: flat ornament
Stitched by Vonna for Jill

Jill requested that all her ornaments have a pine tree in them, so I figured nothing says Pine Tree like a Christmas Tree, right? I was a little hesitant to stitch it on black...but boy...it was gorgeous when it was finished, and I love this finish - I see some ornaments like this in my own future!

Then April's recipient is Julianne. Julianne is a such a sweet, sweet friend that I wanted to stitch something that reminded me of her...so I stitched this monochrome motif taken from an unknown Quaker design that I had printed off...and I made a sparkly bob hangy beaded deal and I think it turned out quite nice. Here it is:


Ornament for Julianne
32 ct. white belfast linen
DMC 814
Unknown Motif/Unknown Designer

So friends, that does it for me today....I'm still stitching away on block #12 of the Village (no I'm not finishing it...I just wanted to get the solid stitching block out of the way)...whew! Seems I've been stitching and stitching and stitching (!) on this block and it just never gets done! Hopefully soon.....after I get that block done then I think it's back to the BBD and try to finish it up (or get a bit closer) then who knows what is after that????

Until next time my dear friends and readers.....love and best wishes, as you count your blessings and your stitches, from our house to yours! XXxxxx

The truly happy people are those
who have a source of happiness too
deep to be seriously disturbed by
ordinary troubles.
~~Marion K. Rich~~

39 comments:

  1. Here we say that Christmas is whenever we want. Those ornaments are really nice and the finishing touchs make them special.
    Congrats to the Star of the house
    Hugs
    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pretty ornaments Vonna, I am sure the recipeints will treasure them. Congratulations to your son for being a STAR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun today. Love the ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you have a busy day planned!

    Both ornaments are lovely, Vonna.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both ornaments are gorgeous Vonna! Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both ornaments Vonna! Hope you find a few minutes for stitching tday; what a busy day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Busy busy that's what you always are. Don't know how random your music thing is but Monday Monday by The Mamas & Papas is playing. Love the two Christmas ornaments too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both your ornaments are really cute. And can't wait to see your finish on Shores. I'm way back on Block 3, so it will be great to see your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You do have a busy day ahead of you! The ornaments are beautiful!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful ornaments!!! Well done Vonna

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a very busy day ahead of you! Your ornaments are gorgeous!!! And I absolutely love the quote at the end of this entry!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous ornaments! I love them both. Good luck getting any stitching done on that schedule. :) And congratulations to the STAR in the house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both of the ornaments are beautiful Vonna.

    Congratulations to Jake!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, marvelous Monday to you too. Love those ornaments you stitched.
    I don't know how you have time to stitch a thing with such a busy family. But then, the children are only young for such a short itme! Congrats to the family STAR!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrat's on your little STAR and his parents too for the good job in raising him right! Good job on the ornies. I LOVE the red one as am a quilter too and it kinda fits into that catagory too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two beautiful ornaments for two really great gals. Love the photo of Miss Ellie and her pig tails!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That Star Party system is a cool idea, Vonna! May have to mention it to Max's teacher. ;)

    Love the stitching, as always, and am wishing you a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The ornaments are gorgeous Vonna. and congratulations to Jake

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those are both such lovely ornaments, Vonna! I especially love that Christmas Tree on the black fabric, such an eye-catcher!!

    Take some time to breathe during your busy day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Vonna,

    Have a great week.

    Thanks so much for the lovely ornament. It's a real treat to look at. Your ornament for Jill is lovely too. Wow, stitching on black fabric that's a real chore.

    I like your quote today. Thanks for that reminder:0)

    ReplyDelete
  21. The ornaments are lovely! I love the idea of having a STAR PARTY...!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your finishes!! They look amazing, Vonna! I hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Pretty finishes.
    Oh! hanging out with the stars sounds exciting, enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, Vonna, you're working on the Village???? And Block 12, no less! I'm impressed. I've sort of given up hopeof ever finishing it. It's just too big. But please show us your progress soon! Maybe it will inspire us to pick it up as well?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your ornaments are beautiful! I love the special touches that make each one unique.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Both of these ornaments are beautiful!!!! I love the black background~

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Vonna! *waves* How have you been? I really like the ornaments you have made, they are so cute. I still don’t know how you do it all (kids, church, work, etc) and stitch all of this too. You are a busy girl! My son Curren starts cubscouts in April and he is so excited about it. Keep up the good work my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy Monday! I love your background music, haha :)
    Both the ornaments look wonderful! And the black bg looks great, it totally stands out.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congrats to the STAR of the house :)
    Where do you find the time to stitch with such a busy day ? I salute you :)
    Both your ornaments are beauties ! especially the one stitched on black !
    Thank you for sharing your everyday life with us.

    ReplyDelete
  30. The ornaments are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I am seriously wondering where you find time to stitch! But stitch you do and oh so beautifully! Love the finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Nice finishes! I like that black, too... I'll have to try that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful finishes. You always seem to do something a bit different. Very clever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love, love those ornaments Vonna...Hope you had a fun day yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Both ornies are just fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh, what beautiful ornaments, Vonna! As somebody else said, with wonderful touches to make each one special. Lovely work, as always! Hope you had a second to yourself yesterday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gorgeous ornaments, Vonna! I am sure they both loved them! Great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh my, Vonna, what a busy day you had. Can you still breathe? LOL.
    I love the oranments you made. Very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Both are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher