Thursday, January 15, 2009

Yo how's LO going?

HELLO Friends! Well it's a whopping 1 degree here in Bloomington, Indiana....and let me tell you my coffee can't even stay warm for long. And it almost hurts just to breathe because all the moisture in the air is just *all* gone - sucked away from the bitter cold. My sinuses are as dry as a sage grass in the middle of the dessert. Now that's dry! :o) The kids are on a 2 hour delay....although I don't know why....it's cold and it isn't gonna be any warmer two hours later...the high is supposed to be something like 5 degrees or something....I can tell you one thing...we are NOT walking to school today :o) BRRRRrrrrr!



Yesterday.... was my "Lo How a Rose" SAL with Staci and there is another nice lady that is stitching on it, but her name and blog name alludes me at the present...sorry! Anyway....here's where I left off last week:

And here's where I got to yesterday:

Lo How a Rose ~ Brightneedle
Design taken from the Better Homes and Gardens Cross Stitch Christmas "Celebration in Stitches"
Stitched on: 28 ct. Silkweaver Solo Cashel Linen
Using DMC fibers

The bottom of the "F" and "R" is the halfway point...so I'm almost "halfway" done! But anyway....I'm far enough along that I'm thinking that I have two more weeks worth of Wednesdays in January...and I might *possibly* have a finish by the end of January...we'll see. I don't stitch on it any other time except on Wednesdays....so that might be stretching it. Plus....something could always happen and I don't like to count my eggs before they are hatched! But I am far enough along that I've been thinking about framing...what type of frame....etc. I do know that I won't have any matting around it....I think the fabric is just gorgeous personally...so I want to leave about an inch around it "free" so that you can see the pretty mottling of the fabric. We'll see.......

Now ..... I mentioned about my wanting to start on Ash Wednesday (so have to get Lo done by then) Quaker Virtues by ByGone Stitches (its the same designer that did Quaker Christmas....) well....did I tell you its really going to happen? Fabric - ORDERED. Pattern - ORDERED. Well I was thinking about floss colors and the effect I wanted in it, etc. .....and then I remembered my friend Nancy from Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe and her over-dyed threads, so I e-mailed Nancy (NBELGIAN@aol.com) and showed her a picture of what I wanted my QV to look like and told her to pick for me the colors. Here is what I received yesterday:


Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe's Over-dyed Threads

Aren't they perfect? Scrumptious? Divine? Well let me tell you...they are cottons, but they feel like silk, and I'm not pulling your leg...they are gorgeous. The reds will be the Quaker motifs and the Gold will be the letters and words. I'm stitching it on Vintage Country Mocha 25 ct over one. I think it's gonna be FAB! Again....we'll see :o)

So what's on the slate for today? Well Thursday is a FREE day so that means I have to stitch Cathy's ornament for the Christmas Ornament Swap...STAT! I've started it...so that good :)

Thank you....for your kind words on my previous post, they mean a lot to me....and it helps fuel my resolve! I guess that's all I have for you today...and I probably won't be back until Saturday or Monday....this weekend is a working one...ho hum!

Until next time.....count your stitches and your blessings! Hugs and love!

40 comments:

  1. You did get a lot stitched yesterday. It looks great.

    Stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Vonna,
    The temperature was -19 with a windchill of -38 when I had to get out and go to work this morning. 1 degree would be like a heatwave here right now. We have been below zero since midday on Monday. I'm afraid these colder temps are coming your way. Your Rose sampler is very nice. I might have to think about doing that one some day. Right now I am enjoying my Isa SAL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your Lo How a Rose really is beautiful! I really seem to be in the mood to be enabled this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in awe of how much you've managed to get done on Lo so far, it looks amazing! I've now managed to locate a copy of this for myself, after wanting it for a long time. I'm really enjoying watching yours and Staci's grow :)

    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lo How A Rose is looking beautiful - you're making wonderful progress! I wouldn't use a mat either.

    Those Victorian Motto threads are gorgeous colors. I really will have to try those some time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great progress on Lo. I agree about the framing - that fabric is too pretty to cover up. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, look at you go. That is beautiful. You inspire me to get my butt stitching more..

    Oh and it is -13 with a Windchill of -31. They closed all the schools in central Illinois because of extreme cold. Keep warm and have a GREAT STITCHY day (and stay warm)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope Ellington8:35 AM

    Oh so you are a stitcher!! I have collected some samplers and made a few. Stair Stepping @ the YMCA...now that has been a while! Neat Blog!
    XO~Hope

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful Vonna!!! Another to add to my list!!!! You gals are so bad!!!!!! I also have to go look up the Quaker Virtues. Funny you mention Q. Christmas!!! I am starting it today with a bunch of Hoosier gals!!!! I am using Nancy's flosses on it!!!!
    We MUST get together some day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are making terrific progress on your Brightneedle piece. I can't believe you got all that done in just a day's time. I don't know how you can stitch a piece on just 1 day a week. That would drive me insane, but then maybe I should try that. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Nancy's threads! They are great to stitch with. I especially love her reds. They are so deep and warm. I use them a lot...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous progress!! At that rate you should be able to finish by the end of January.
    Love, love, love the colors for the Quaker piece. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow you have made beautiful progress on your Lo How A Rose! It is so pretty:)

    Those threads from Nancy look gorgeous! I love her threads and they stitch up so nicely ( I'm using Antique Rose on BP.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, Vonna, you made incredible progress! I love those Victorian Motto threads, I have a lovely set for my BP SAL.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lots of progress here - turning out so pretty, too. BTW, you made me LOL with your observation on the two hour delay of school. Makes you wonder how the decision is made!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You got some serious stitching done! It looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brrrr it must be very cold at your place ! Here it is also cold, but not that cold.
    Nice progres on Lo How a Rose!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love these colors! I can't wait to watch your progress on this piece! We are due for this horrible cold front in the next day or two! Brrrrr! I have wanted one of those snuggies and wish I had it for the cold days ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my Vonna! I'll have to get cracking this weekend. I think I can catch up though. ;) Your "Lo" looks beautiful. I'm just using the antique white that the chart called for, because I had it. What exactly is your fabric choice?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lo how a Rose is looking gorgeous Vonna, great progress

    ReplyDelete
  21. You make me want to run to my stitching chair and not budge! I can't believe how much you got done on Lo. It looks B-E-A-Utiful! Really nice. The colors for your Quaker sampler--fabulous. The red is to, um, DYE for! ;) Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your rotation seems to work perfectly, Vonna. What a great amount of stitching on Lo. It already looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looking good Vonna! Hope you warm up soon...you could always come visit, we're headed into the 50's and maybe even 60 starting tomorrow through Tue :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are working on some beautiful projects.. You inspire me!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow Vonna! You got a lot done on "Lo." :) The threads for Quaker Virtues are beautiful! I can't wait to see your start on that one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. We're going to be -20 tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gee guess you don't want to hear that our temp is in the low 60s today.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Holy cow, you got a lot done Vonna! That is so pretty, it looks good. I love that you are stitching for yourself, this makes me happy!

    You can keep the cold weather, please to don’t send it to Oregon :P

    ReplyDelete
  29. wow
    love it
    what a good amount of work
    i inter- library loaned the bhg book with pattern
    it arrived early this week all the way from new jersey library to mine here in texas
    gotta love the library
    thanks for the inspiration and motivation
    love the pattern
    smiles

    ReplyDelete
  30. Stay warm!!!! I love your progress on Lo how a Rose! I am thinking of doing it myself but then found a needle book in that same book and fell totally in love so I will be doing that instead as soon as I find material! I've never finished a needle book though....may need some help!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Stay Warm we all seem to be feeling the weather.
    Look at those wonderful thread colours . Niiiice!
    LO is so pretty you managed a lot of stitches on that !
    Have a good day take care.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Right now, it's -15, with a windchill of '37 here in NW Indiana. Here's what I got from weather.com for tonight's forecast...

    WIND CHILLS OF 25 TO 40 BELOW ZERO ARE EXPECTED TONIGHT AND FRIDAY MORNING... BEFORE RISING TO 15 TO 25 BELOW ZERO FRIDAY AFTERNOON.


    I hate winter!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I definitely agree with you about the framing, and not needing mats - I'm so happy that I decided not to get mats when I had "Little House Neighborhood" framed in November.

    Congratulations on reaching the 1/2 way point!

    ReplyDelete
  34. It's REALLY cold there!! Brrr...

    Great progress on Lo! I agree, you don't need matting. It's truly gorgeous girl!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Vonna..your "LO" looks gorgeous!!! So does the over dyed threads..lucky u live in the US has lots of options for floss...can't wait to see your stitching on those....you always inspired me...thanks for sharing. Neat blog too!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Vonna, DS drew your name as the winner of LHN "Chocolate Shoppe"! So, check my blog. :)

    I am a horrible commenter, but I do read your blog each time there is a new post, and oooh and aaah over your fabulous stitching!

    Also, I am doing great--busy with the family and all that goes along with that and sneaking in stitching whenever I get a chance. Thank you for asking how I'm doing. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  37. I'm going to be doing the LO but I have to wait for the book which I purchased on eBay or amazon...can't remember which one...

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great stitching once again. I love the colours of the thread you have chosen. QV looks like a real challenging piece.

    ReplyDelete
  39. The verse and lettering are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Lo is looking amazing! I love love love this design and bought that book for myself last year. Here's hoping I can get to stitching it in 2009. GORGEOUS colors for your Quaker Virtues too - that red is luscious!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher