Tuesday, January 06, 2009

A whole passel of good stuff!

Happy Tuesday Friends! It's an icy and cold start here in Southern Indiana, and we don't know if the kiddos will be going back to school today or not...its all still up in the air. Lots to share today so I'll get right on to it.

First up is: Edgar's Halloween RR...wish I could say it was mine...however sadly it is not :o(
BUT isn't it fabulous? Here's the whole view:

Then here is what I added - of couse the Prairie Schooler from "When Witches Go Riding"...
I thought it looked especially good next to the tree and above the pumpkins sort of like she walked out to her patch picked her pumpkin carved it and now is on her way! I have a vivid imagination.

Then since I'm the Head Contractor over at Me Myself and I RR's I thought I better figure out something to do. I was going to do a Liberty Towne, but then....I thought about my Dear Diary Towne Sampler that I had started last January 1st. I was so enthused about it and then exchanges got in the way *again* because I had no self control, so.....I pulled it out and on January 1st put a few stitches in and this is how it stands now:

Abigail Winslow ~ Little House Needleworks
Fabric: 32 ct. Creamy Cocoa - Sassy's Fabbys
Fibers: DMC
It is LHN's Dear Diary Abigail Winslow and her beatitude in the corner. The darn ship builders knocked off early because they had hangovers from the night before...so I have a half built dry docked boat....good help is hard to find. . . .
Mondays is Peppermint Twist SAL day and so I started mine yesterday and here it is:
Peppermint Twist ~ Blue Ribbon Designs
Fabric: 32 ct. Tan Marble - Sassy's Fabbys
Fibers: DMC
So I had quite a productive Monday, didn't I? Hope Tuesday is just as productive, I'm starting another new project today! Hurray! And I know I told you about Isabelle Vautier's Grand Marquoir - well I talked one person into stitching it and then she talked another person into stitching it so before you know it.....we've got a SAL! How about that?! So that will be starting up once we decide days/supplies/colors, etc.
THEN....as we were discussing our plans....another idea sprang to life because we saw this absolutely stunning finish and then someone said something about Quaker Virtues by the same designer and I remember seeing Dianne's Mothers finish that she posted here (scroll to bottom) or read the whole post because there are LOTS of pretties to look at! And before I knew it, I had purchased Quaker Virtues, a yard of 25 ct. Vintage Country Mocha lugana and I was going to start this with two other noodles :) But we're delaying that start until Lent or Easter sometime - I think....and the funny thing is that one of my SAL nutties called us the Three Needle'teers! LOL! More like I'm thinking the Three Nutty'teers :) But it's fun isn't it...the work up and figuring out of the project?! Love it - it's like the chase in a new romance!
So that does it for me....you'll have to wait and see what I'm starting today :o)
Until Next Time....count your stitches and your blessings!


37 comments:

  1. I love Edgar's round robin, very fun and your witch is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I wish I could say it was MINE!! Love the fabby, love the stitching! I can totally see your witch fantasy...LOL!!
    Your Peppermint Twist start looks fantastic!! Happy stitching!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edgar's RR looks amazing! I like your choice for this one.

    Your Dear Diary Towne looks great so far, nice progress and nice start on PT too!

    Good luck with your SALs - you've got some lovely pieces planned!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Edgar's RR is looking wonderful! Enjoy all the SALs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we all want Edgar's RR, lol! I'm all set for tomorrow girly :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to be productive, but being fun productive is even better! I love your little story of the witch, and she really does look like what you say. Do you know what fabric Edgar is using for this piece? It's perfect for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowee! You have been so busy - and what lovely stitching to show for it!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Edgar's RR is wonderful. It is so much fun to read your blog. You seem to be very happy and excited about the new year. Thank you for the inspiration to stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Vonna, you have been stitching up a storm! Edgar's RR looks fantastic and I love your Dear Diary piece. I am so sorry I had to pull out of the MM&I but I just couldn't see a way round it.

    I am so jealous of your Peppermint Twist start:) I got this one just before Christmas and Chris and I are doing a SAL starting much later on this year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the halloween RR, the fabric is perfect for it.
    Peppermnt has very good start.
    Be careful and don't slip around too much, probably a good day to stay home and stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vonna, I think Edgar's RR would look just perfect in my home also. I hardly can wait on your progress of your Dear Diary Towne Sampler. I bet it will be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have been busy Vonna, they're all lovely

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the RR's & the new SAL's sound great. I love the thrill of pulling it all together for a new project,too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love what you added to Edgar's piece. It's perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, hon you are my smile for the day. I absolutely love your design on Edgar's RR. Maybe she's trying to lose a little weight running with pumpkin in hand lol.
    Dear Diary is lovely as is Peppermint Twist.
    You have some ambitious plans this year. Look forward to watching your progresses

    ReplyDelete
  16. First, the header for your blog is wonderful. We used to live in Erie, PA and I sometimes miss the snow. It's so beautiful. The Halloween RR is great. The St. Francis is awesome. I've never seen one. This year I splurged on the large Shepherd to go with Mary with Jesus and Joseph. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My Dear Diary piece got lost by the wayside too last year but i hope to work on it again in 09. Ive just come from Laura's blog (Mellow Bungalow) and she has a picture of hers to date - its stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Forgot to say that i love Edgar's halloween RR. Your addition to it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have a great line up for 2009 Vonna! Can't wait to see your progress pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your imagination about the witch ! All great stitching starts.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow Vonna! You are on a roll! Edgar's RR is fabulous! And you have some great SAL's planned! I can't wait to see what you are starting today!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome stitching, Vonna! You must be taking some good vitamins to get so much done. :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Seems like we all have January start-itis Vonna! My logon name for several sites is "NuttyNeedler" so I enjoyed your post. :) Oh it is so hard to resist starting EVERYthing!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just Love Edgar's RR and the chart you stitched. It's a perfect fit. Ever since I clicked on your ??? I've been eyeing the The Isabelle Vautier's Grand Marquior SAL. I couldn't resist any longer and yesterday printed out the 1st part. Then I wandered over to Gazette 94 and printed out the first 2 parts for the Grand Abecedaire. Definetly, Januaryitis...Glad to hear I'm not the only one out there affected by it.:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is a wonderful RR for Edgar. I love the story of the pumpkin picker...lol.
    I look forward to following the MMSIRR. Have fun with that!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your new blog look is great!!
    Love Edgar's RR!
    You must stitch in your sleep, the shower, while eating....

    ReplyDelete
  27. I can't wait to see more progress on your Dear Diary Sampler - I knew you had started to do them all on one piece - I saw a progress picture in someone else's blog earlier in the week, and I thought of you! I wish I had thought to do that with me (I guess I can always re-stitch them, right? LOL)

    Edgar's RR is fantastic!

    In NW Indiana, my DS is back to school - they missed out on the last day of school (and the end of year party) because of snow!

    ReplyDelete
  28. My, you have been busy Vonna! Can't wait to see your progress on all of these projects. Quaker Virtues is awesome!

    Edgar's RR is really fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a perfect stitched witch!!!! Great job as always!!! I was reading back over some entries and just love the St Francis you received - perfect on the hearth!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love Love Love, Edgar's Halloween piece! You did wonderful and your new starts are great too. Does your husband ever complain about all your starts? Mine is complaining that's why I'm asking. I told him that I will only stitch on two projects this year until I'm finished with them...one of course being my Beach Row piece from our Me, Myself and I Round Robin! And now you have SO tempted me with all your fabulous starts. I guess I better stitch fast so I can start something else!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Vonna,
    I'm always so blown away by how much you stitch, the variety, the skill and your general blog posts. So uplifting and happy...your new blog layout is so cheery and happy. Thank you for always brightening my day.
    Petra

    ReplyDelete
  32. What fun projects!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Edgar's Halloween RR is looking fabulous!
    Great start on Peppermint Twist too.
    I was gifted the Quaker Virtues which arrived today but I have joined the Beatrix Potter SAL so that's the one I will start shortly!
    Happy New Year to you Vonna and nice new blog look

    ReplyDelete
  34. Edgar's RR is looking really beautiful. Your have made an excellent start on your SAL. I love the theme of your Me, Myself and I RR. I am just about to start mine.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Slow down girl! You might get whiplash!

    Cross Stitch Confetti
    Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  36. Do I ever like what you did with Edgar's RR! It looks awesome!
    I recently ordered Peppermint Twist and can hardly wait for it to arrive. Thanks for the link to the SAL.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh my, I got so excited reading about all your plans and new projects. Several of them are on my radar too.

    So glad to see you stitching for yourself. You had said you were going to do fewer exchanges and more selfish stitching. That is great. You deserve to stitch for yourself.

    Everything looks fantastic as always. Had wondered if you had forgetten about your Dear Diary piece. Anxious to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher