Sunday, January 25, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up!

Hello my friends! Hope this finds you all full of health and vigor! This weekend it was a whole lot chilly here in good 'ol Indiana...another deep freeze has settled over the state. I was off all weekend (WOOT!) so I had a great time snuggling in and doing my stitching. After a less than stellar stitching week, I was determined to make up for it this weekend. I started the weekend off on Friday evening stitching on my HAED piece "Vibrant Vista":

Heaven and Earth Designs~ Vibrant Vista - Jane Wooster Scott (artist)
25 ct. ivory lugana 1 over 1 using DMC floss



I only added 300 stitches, I think this takes me up to 800 stitches total. I've stitched on it three times. Not bad, not great...but progress is progress no matter how small! :o) I just wasn't "feeling" it this Friday for some reason. But I didn't concentrate on that, I just decided to move forward - since I wasn't "feeling" my HAED, I browsed through my many charts that I have and pulled "Of Female Arts" by Primitive Needle:

This is where I got by 10 p.m. Friday evening:


Of Female Arts ~ Primitive Needle
fabric 36 ct. Honey - Sassy's Fabbys Edinburgh Linen/ Using DMC 898

I really like the golden mottled tone of the fabric and deep dark brown of the floss...I think this one is going to be a winner! :)


Saturday and Sunday.... I focused on my Blackbird Designs "Blessings and Kind Wishes" this is where I ended up two weekends ago - This was how I left it on Jan. 11, 2009:

This is where I got this afternoon Jan. 25, 2009:

Blackbird Designs ~ Blessings and Kind Wishes
30 ct. R & R Linen (forgot the color) and mixture of GAST, CC, WDW fibers as called for

I likey, don't you?.......I have exactly one month from today to get this done for someone special in my life....let's hope I "Git R' Done" so to speak ;)

Tomorrow is.....Peppermint Twist SAL Day! Hurray! I m really looking forward to stitching on it again, I missed it last week. Speaking of Peppermint Twist...have you seen Blue Ribbon's Newbies? If not you can go HERE to see them. I have decided that I'm stitching all of them at some point in my life. I think the next one I stitch (after Peppermint Twist that is) will be the Winter one..."It's Cold Outside" I love the Penguins ;) So I think I'll just keep Monday's as my BRD day and just keep on stitchin'!

That does it for me....until next time, always count your stitches and your blessings!

35 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:34 PM

    I like the fabric also and the house you are doing....man 'o' man you really laid down the stitches on that today. KEEP WARM - I LOVE YOU
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your projects are coming along nicely! You'll have some finishes in no time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great (and productive) weekend! I love the charts in your rotation and they're all coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful stitching as always :) {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Blessings and kind wishes, so pretty. The fabric that you picked for your new start is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stitching and progress ! I love the new Blue Ribbon designs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a great stitching weekend! You should have that BBD done in no time :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, you are moving right along on that house! I'm going to have to look up Vibrant Vista. I'm eager to watch that one progress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You got a lot done on your Blackbird Designs stitch!!! All of your projects look amazing!

    Of Female Arts looks like a really cool project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stitching looks fantastic - great progress on all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all the wips but oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh that new Its Cold Outside is something special and will be going on my wish list soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cannot believe how much you got done this weekend, Vonna! You're amazing! I love everything, but of course Vibrant Vistas is in a class all it's own.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lot you got done! I love your new start, the fabric is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your Primitive Needle start :) I want to stitch this one (someday) and plan to use a similar-ish colour scheme. I shall look forward to your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great progress on all your weekend pieces!

    Keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's all looking great and you are right, progress is progess no matter how much you do! I have to ask you this: does the Sassy's fabric Edinburgh look like parchment paper...sort of? I'm looking for something of that color to do some stuff on. Thanks! Love it all

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great progress. I love the Primitive Needle piece. And you Blackbird Designs piece is coming along very quickly. Thanks for the heads up on the Blue Ribbon Designs. They are very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great progress on all your wips Vonna! I love your new start too! :) It will definitely be a winner! Looking forward to see your PT progress. I really need to get back to mine of these days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous stitching! You're making great progress on your WIPs, especially your BBD! Beautiful!

    I love the new Blue Ribbon Designs, too! I'm definitely going to have to get Read Between the Lines!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yowza! You made some great progress, Vonna, esp. on the BBD. Good grief, but you're a fast stitcher :o)
    'Of Female Arts' is on my 'to stitch list' this year too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic progress on them all. I love the Primitive Needle piece! That fabric is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely, lovely work! I like your method - sort of a designer per diem? I really needed (not) that link to BRD... of course I found one that is a MUST!

    Also love your blog design. I've seen quite a few with this new layout. May I ask where you found it?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow--you have really accomplished a lot--I like the brown thread against the gold fabric too. And the B&KW is looking just beautiful--haven't started mine yet, but it gives me a hankering to!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello there!!
    Such lovely works! Even if one of them seems not to grow as fast as you would like.
    Thanks because through you I got to pay attention to designers and foud out some terrific new possible stitching jobs (or should I call it pleasures?) Penguins are also a favourite of DH.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  25. Some lovely stitching and I am so envious that you're doing the Blue Ribbon design Peppermint Twist I can't get it here in UK and with the postage from US it gets a bit pricy but I love it!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  26. All your projects are looking fantastic. Love the BlackBird Designs--that blue is stunning! And Of Female Arts is a great piece. Now, I need to buy that one!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You evil enabler! LOL Now I'm going to have to get BRDs Winter.

    The HAED is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh wow, you had a great, stitchy weekend!! The best kind to have! ;) All of your projects are beautiful, but I'm partial to your Primitive Needle, because I'm jonesing to stitch it asap. Love the color choices you made for it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great progress on the Autumn HAED one, that is awesome! I can't believe you are doing one of those :)

    YOu are buzzing along on everything else, good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congrats on HAED progress...I was skiing not stitching; will join you this Friday.
    You certainly are stitching on many lovely designs. I too have the Blessing and Kind Wishes but never started it...yours is looking very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Vonna, really great progress on all of your wips.
    I hadn't seen some of the new Blue Ribbon designs. Thanks for sharing:) I see lots I'd love to stitch too!

    ReplyDelete
  32. You certainly did make up for lost week of stitching. What excellent progress you have made. I love the choice of thread colour and fabric for your 'Of Female Arts' design.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I can't believe how much stitching you got done on the Blackbird Designs piece. You are a quick stitcher!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love your new start, and that Blue Ribbon winter piece is adorable! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love everything you are working on. HAED piece is going to be so gorgeous when done. The winter Blue Ribbon designs is on my wish list too along with peppermint twist.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher