Monday, January 12, 2009

Monday Report

Happy Monday Friends! I had the most wonderfully relaxing - do anything I want to do - kind of weekend! Aren't those the best?! Another reason why the Winter Season has its good points! Saturday I didn't get out of my PJ's all day and I started this Blackbird Designs - Blessings and Kind Wishes. Sunday after Mass, Bible Study, a trip to Sam's on the way home, lunch and cleaning our upstairs I settled in and continued on my new BBD start and this is where I got to:

Blessings and Kind Wishes ~ Blackbird Designs
started on January 10, 2009
using called for fabric and fibers

I really do like the way the pattern is stitching up....my "goal" was to completely finish stitching the house this weekend. And I'm a little disappointed that I didn't meet that goal...I guess it's about 1/2 way done - maybe a little more....but for heaven's sake...that's a BIG house! I stitched a lot on this...I'm thinking around 6 hours probably and I still didn't get it finished. But I was watching TV too while I stitched and I know I had a lot of "space out" moments. We watched Expelled by Ben Stein this weekend and it is really well worth your time if you are interested in the debate. I think that the science culture as a whole is shooting itself in the foot by completely ignoring one side of the argument.

I guess that you've all noticed that I've completely lost my noodles and have started about a LOT of new things? Well I guess I'm totally embracing this no exchanges mantra that I've decided to stick with! I guess I need to summarize for myself so I'll just summarize with you all...Mondays = Peppermint Twist, Tuesdays = Inspiration by Rosewood Manor (an oldie but a goodie) that I started and then dropped because of exchange stitching getting in the way, Wednesdays = Lo How a Rose, Thursdays = OPEN DAY (I think), Fridays = HAED and Saturday and Sundays = OPEN DAYS....that's a pretty good rotation. I'll fit BBD and other smaller projects into my open days. There's a couple of more things I want to start...but I may focus on finishing one thing before I introduce another. I'm pretty happy with the way I've stitched so far in 2009. It's working out great :) This is the first time I've had any success with a rotation. Hope it continues!

So that was my weekend...GREAT! Hope yours was too, wherever you were!

Until Next time....stitch with joy!

31 comments:

  1. Yep, you definitely have a case of startitis. Beatrice seems to be afflicted with the same thing quite regularly. Love your new BD design. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the BBD it looks fantastic. You should do the Mystery Sampler too, it is beautiful. Startitis is a great thing and glad you are stitching for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress this weekend! Isn't it nice to stitch for yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have made an excellent start on BKW. This is one of my favorite Blackbird designs. Have fun with your startitis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the blue in this design. It's looking great so far. And I guess I missed your post when you said you weren't doing any exchange stitching this year at all. Good for you! I look forward to seeing your many finishes, including Peppermint Lane. I just love that one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another wonderful new start :) I have a lot of projects I want to stitch for myself this year too and i'm lovin every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice start Vonna :) There's a BBD SAL on the Quaker blog that I've been thinking of joining~~although I'm terrible at doing a rotation!

    Not sure if I'll be SAL-ing on Wed...my dad has surgery this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did have the same weekend you did, I had a really relaxing and creative weekend. I did make cards and did a lot of cross stitching. Nice work on Blessings and Kind Wishes, it looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You stated B&KW where I'm ending! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm impressed that you got all of that done in 6 hours! I think that I get distracted by the TV...and kids...too much when I stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a super start!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had a super relaxing weekend as well...nice when snow falls on the weekends and it's January and cold. Only sad my Giants lost, but there's always next year!

    I love the reindeer ornaments and look forward to seeing how you finish them because they'd be nice for coworker Xmas ornaments for 2009.

    Your HAED piece is amazing, you're really moving along on that!
    Your BBD is looking great as well. I think you got a lot accomplished considering the house is so large!

    Keep on doing what you're doing!
    Petra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Vonna! I know your goal was to finish the house, but you really did get a ton done on this. I have BBD Summer House in my WIP pile, and that house is a huge one too.

    I think I'm going to join you and Staci on your "Lo, How a Rose" SAL. Staci was kind to invite others, and I've been wanting to stitch this. Hope you don't mind!

    Thanks for sharing all the fun pics...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great start, looks like a pretty big house, so I think you got a lot done.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow - sounds like you're keeping yourself very busy, Vonna! At this rate you'll have me rushing home to start something new too.... As if I could do with more WIPs! I do have lots of plans though!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good luck with your stitching rotation, Vonna! Whether you stick to it or not, I know you'll be sharing lots of wonderful projects. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your open days !!! lol That mean you can start 2 new projects !!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is wondeful. I was trying to figure out which one I wanted to do for the Quaker blog and was going to do Tulip Manor by BBD but now I think I would like to start this one.....hard choices.......we'll see...
    I also like the shade of blue in the house too.
    Happy stitching!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  19. Whew, this new 'no obligaton stitching' is working wonders for everybody, isn't it? I get greedy, though, like you. I have so many things I want to start. And I actually do :o)
    Love, love, love that BBD house you're doing. But I have to say, if you put 6 hours into that, take it from me: you're a fast stitcher. Either that, or I am embarrassingly slow...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice start on the BBD, it's looking gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  21. You made a fantastic start on the BBD. Those BBD houses look so simple but they are never ending.
    Love the colors.
    Good Luck with the rotation

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh that is a gorgeous design!!! Looks like you made awesome progress!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thursdays (at least one)...Fair & Square pc for Cindy F....lol...

    Great progress on your BBD house. I love the colors in it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. It sounds like the perfect weekend to me! I wouldn't be disappointed you didn't get more stitched because what you did get stitched looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your weekend sounds much better than mine was ~ trade?

    What a wonderful new start!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your BBD piece is looking great. I'm looking forward to seeing your next update. You have a very ambitious rotation. I know you'll do wonderful with it all. Can't wait to see all of the progress pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your new start looks great Vonna - nothing wrong with a little case of startitis! I have a case of it myself. ;)

    (As for Expelled, isn't that the film in which Ben Stein compares evolution scientists to Nazis? I respect a person't right to believe as they wish, but comparing those who reject creationism to Nazis is just beyond the pale. My $.02, anyway.)

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You may have a case of serial starting, but you sure are stitching fast, so it really doesn't matter! Especially as you're happy. You stitching looks great - love this pattern. Haven't seen the movie yet, but I plan to - heard it was really good.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh man, blast from the past!! I click on your blog and Ronnie Milsap is belting songs out. I love it. Back in high school, my friend's father always made sure to have him playing in the car when we'd carpool, much to the dismay of my friend! LOL Love Ronnie!

    Your BBD looks fabulous! Great start! This is near the top of my to be stitched BBD pile.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love this design, I have it in my stash ready to stitch one day. I admire you being able to have so many projects going at once. It's ok to start lots of projects, especially when you are stitching as constantly and as much as you do.

    ReplyDelete
  31. You have made very good progress. Staying in your pjs all day is a real treat. I am amazed that you can do that will 4 kids around. Usually you end up having to take them somewhere and have to get dressed.

    See how much fun it is to be able to stitch for yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher