Thursday, January 01, 2009

The day(s) after....

Happy New Year friends! There's been a lot of this going on the last few days and weeks:


Because...a lot of good stuff was brought by good 'ol Santa Claus - this for instance:

Biscuit....the "lovin' for real, my Fur Real Pet"....he does everything that a real dog does except mess on the carpet and eat batteries. :o) Ellie was head over heels to find out that Santa brought him to live with us!

And Mama was....*ecstatic* when her MIL gave her this:


A wooden, hand carved....St. Francis of Assisi by Jim Shore....I nearly did a back flip, I did start to cry. I've wanted a St. Francis statue for a long time, and when I opened this one, I was just astonished, isn't it just really "me"? Love it (!!!!!) and I think it looks really great on our hearth.

Now the jolly elf....was petitioned to bring Mama one of these Sony Digital Readers PRS-505 and let me tell you it is WORTH it...I absolutely love it and I bought it with some of my finishing money that I've been hoarding away for a special something for me. I've had my eye on it for some time, and decided that Christmas time was *THE* time for Mama to get her something she wanted :o) If you are an avid reader like I am - I *highly* and I mean *HIGHLY* recommend it.

WHY even Chatty....that little rascal tried to steal it away, when he thought I wasn't looking - he's such a scholarly cat! :o)

Of course....I can't leave without talking about "something" stitchy related - so I'll just say: Had BIG plans about my Dec. 31st stitchy-fest, and it wasn't realized. I had a lot of laundry after our 5 days away from home. Imagine 5 days away x 6 people and you get my drift. So add that and taking decorations down outside + laundry + cleaning house + dusting = EXHAUSTION! I fell asleep - I mean down and out, out like brick, no lights shining, no one's at home asleep at 8:30 p.m. last night. Keith said that our neighbors were letting off fireworks and even a big cannon and I never flinched. I didn't even wake up to go to the bathroom until 7:00 a.m. this morning and that was only because I HAD to go to work today....talk about rested! I'm totally rested and feeling great! SLEEP it does a body good! So grab some and a glass of milk and you'll be doing your body good! :o) So anyway - my big start ended up to be about 100 X's on Edgar's Halloween RR....soon to be finished and I'll let you see it then!

Finally....a little teaser. Have you all seen this: ??? I have and guess what? Yes I am!

Until next time...count your blessing and your stitches!

28 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great Christmas! Love the Jim Shore piece. I have always admired his work, but have never seen that one. It is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post. I could use one of those puppies lol. Love your St. Francis. He is so handsome.
    Ahh - sleeping like a baby - sweet!
    Love the new stitch Oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you all had a merry christmas! Happy new year Vonna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter's picture is so wonderful! Her expression just captures the joy of the season! TOO COOL!

    I am glad that the Jolly Ol' Elf was good to you and your family (I LOVE your Jim Shore St. Francis).
    And I wish you and your family all the best in 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Jim Shore piece. I have the e-book and think it is the greatest ever. The Grand Marquoir looks great, and shown in my favorite color. I'll have to look into this more closely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Vonna! I hadn't seen St. Fancies before - have many of the Jim Shore snowpeople and the nativity set. His art is beautiful!

    Glad you got lots of rest last night! Hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your present of St. Francis. Glad you had a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year, Vonna! The picture of your daughter is priceless! And I LOVE your St. Francis!

    Best wishes for 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your St. Francis is wonderful Vonna! And Yes, I did see the new Isa V. SAL, and yes, I'm in too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photo's Vonna, happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your St. Francis! I have been wanting one for quite awhile and can never find just the right one! But you have him! Lucky you!

    Glad you got to catch up some sleep! That always makes me feel alot better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The statue, completely fantastic. I love all of the birds on it. Santa was good to your family this year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rowen wanted a FurReal baby too, but she told me *after* I'd bought the Barbie pony she *had* to have ... oh well, her birthday is coming. ;)

    Lovely post, and great tip on the Sony reader. Might be just the thing for DH's birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Vonna, what did you see, and what are you buying?!! LOL--I hate teasers! That Jim Shore statue is just gorgeous!!! Great MIL you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Buscuit sure is cute! :-)

    LOVE your St. Francis statue. Lovely. I know you are thrilled with it.

    You received 2 very nice little "stitchy" gifts for Christmas in your previous post. That tatted heart is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ellies little face is wonderful, really captured that wonderful Christmas expression to a T, love your St Francis too, he's so noble.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a fun Christmas - love the Jim Shore piece. Grand Marquoir looks phenomenal - can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Vonna sounds like you and your family had a wonderful Christmas! Your St. Francis of Assisi is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your daughter's picture very much. Enjoy all your wonderful gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy New Year Vonna!

    Some wonderful gifts and the photo of your DD is so great.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great photos. Love the one of Miss Ellie. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Von!
    I love your gifts! I have a Amazon Kindle on back order myself. ; ) I have seen the one you got too. I can't wait to get it in a month or so.
    Ellie sure looks excited about her dawg! : )
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your Sony Reader is extra cool! I can see one of those in my stocking next year....

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your daughter's expression!! She is sooo cute!

    Wow, you guys really did get some great things! And I am a big Jim Shore fan....love your new St. Francis! He's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your St Francis statue - it's really beautiful.
    And your teaser - mmmnn - did you have to show me this? I am so tempted!! but have far too much on the go at the moment but it's very lovely and I look forward to seeing your WIP.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very rich and interesting articles, good BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your new Jim Shore piece is beautiful! I have several of his pieces, mostly angels and snowmen, but I hadn't seen this one yet. It's quite lovely.
    One of my co-workers just brought her Sony reader to work to show off. My MIL gave me money for Christmas and I might use it for this. I thought it was the neatest thing and fits in my purse much easier than a regular book. Firt time I saw one was when I met Deb in Florida last year and saw hers. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher