Thursday, December 18, 2008

The weather outside....

....IS FRIGHTFUL as ice has visited Southern Indiana...and our driveway could rival Rockefeller Center's Ice Skating Rink....but inside it's so DELIGHTFUL! Because look at what the Post Man brought me today:



Merry Christmas Friend
Designer: Carriage House Samplings
Stitched by: Harmien

Isn't it lovely?! Opening the delightfully wrapped package and seeing the little ornament tucked inside with such wonderful sentiments made my eyes mist with gratitude. Harmien was the first cross stitcher that I ever connected with 3 years ago and I'm ever, ever so happy that we connected, she's got a heart of gold and it shines through everything that she does! Thank you so much Harmien for you wonderful friendship and ornament....I have placed in a place of honor on our tree and will always remember you each year....This is the third Ornament Harmien has gifted me with over the past three years and I always smile thinking of her each time we've put up our tree.

Well the caramel corn making went great...we made 80 quarts (10 batches) and it's been scooped into bags and delivered. Everyone is always happy to see our token of neighborly friendship hanging from their doorknobs and we have fun looking out our windows watching people get it off their doorknobs....like a little surprise from St. Nick himself! Today the caramel corn was delivered to the teachers along with a small gift card to show our appreciation to the teachers and staff that guide our children at school - always fun because the teachers at the school know that is what the Christmas gift from the Pfeiffer's will be and they await the homemade caramel corn each year!

SO, until next time my dear friends.....count your stitches and your blessings!



19 comments:

  1. How lovely!!
    The popcorn must be also amazing! And the neighbours are so lucky!!
    Can't help to have in my head some of the Christmas songs I like. At work I don't have sound or I would listen to the ones you have. Hope my postman arrive on time!!!
    Hugs Vonna
    Thanks for making me smile, always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely ornament from Harmein. I love the initials on the back. Vonna, I think your caramel corn giftie is such a great idea! I'm sure everyone smiles and delights in the annual homemade gift. I don't know how you make such mass quantities though. You must have the hugest kitchen ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ornament!

    Do you have pictures of the caramel corn-making?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful ornie from Harmien! She really does beautiful finishes:)
    I'm sure everyone receiving your caramel corn was thrilled. What a nice gift to give to so many.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely gift you received and what a beautiful job she did. The caramel corn sounds absolutely delicious. Yummmmm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaw, you've gone and made me blush!! Thank you for those kind words, Vonna. I hope there will be many more of such friendship ornaments!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A truly stunning ornament! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a beauty!! I adore this one but haven't bought it yet. Lucky, lucky you! Harmien does awesome stitching. Joyful, merry Christmas to you, Vonna, and to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty ornament, I just LOVE it. Lucky you Vonna!

    YOu must share the caramel corn recipe with me... I need to make some of it too. Mmmm.

    I hope the ice melts soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow - that caramel corn sounds delightful! Hmmm, did you post a recipe? Off to check past posts and see what I missed. yummmm

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous ornament from one talented stitcher to another. It will look so lovely in your tree.

    Wishing you and all your loved ones a Blessed Christmas and a wonderful 2009.

    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  12. For once, I have the mute button off (it is *always* on) and what a surprise to hear this lovely Christmas song!

    But really, I came over to say "WOW" to the gorgeous ornament you received from Harmien. ENJOY! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that design. Lucky you. What a lovely idea to hand out popcorn! Have a blessed Christmas Vonna. Hope Santa brings you something nice. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A wonderful ornamnet from Harmien.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this little pillow, it's been very nicely finished. I love all designs by CHS.

    Your neighbours must have been very pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  16. where you come from!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Read your article, if I just would say: very good, it is somewhat insufficient, but I am

    still tempted to say: really good!
    Personalized Signature:面对面视频游戏,本地棋牌游戏,本地方言玩游戏,打麻将,玩掼蛋,斗地主,炸金花,玩梭哈

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher