Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year, New Plans.....

Hello Friends! Did you all have a spectacular Christmas Holiday? I hope so! We sure did here in good 'ol Indiana :o)

Before...I start talking about all my new "plans" for the New Year....I need to show you some fabulous items that were sent to me the past week.

First Up: this fabulous pyramid Etui from Rosalie (no blog). She and I were in a private 4 way exchange and this is what she stitched for me. Isn't it absolutely stunning?! I was just astonished when I opened up the box and found this:




Jealous? It is absolutely perfectly finished, fantastically finished and totally AWESOME! Thank you Rosalie!!!!!

Then in a sweet Christmas Card came this stunning tatted heart from Cathy B. This was tatted by Cathy's mother...it is stunningly perfect, and it is a treasure that I will hang on my tree each year. Thank you Cathy for your kindness, generosity and friendship - don't know what I'd do without ya girl! :o)


What about those.....plans you say? Well I've got 'em friends...big ones, inspired ones, lots of plans :o) My plans for 2009 are:
  • stitch more for ME
  • be a better person
  • achieve personal goals I've set for myself

as far as stitching goals - I'm of course tackling a HAED - well starting it anyway, I'd like to work on my Village of Hawk Run Hollow (finish it?) especially since my Neighborhood Round Robin is missing the village would make up nicely, I want to stitch a lot of ornaments, both seasonal for my Dowel Tree and also Christmas Ornaments for our Christmas tree...I have a lot of Christmas Ornaments, but would like to have ONE full tree of totally stitched ornaments. I'm going to cut back a bit on the spending, and stitch from my own stash....I've got a lot....I'm not on "the wagon" or anything like that - just want to stitch more of what I own. I want my stitching to be FUN for me! That's why I do it right? I loved exchanging (and I hope to have a few personal exchanges throughout the year) but all the exchanging I did for the past 2 years made it a little harried for me. I view our home as my "vacation" spot....I'm not happier any other place then in my own home. I love to decorate it and switch it up and when I walk by something that I've stitched myself - it makes me proud, makes me smile, and makes me - well, happy! So I'm going to stitch for myself.

So to do a little "STITCHY" Summation for the Year 2008 - here goes:

I had 56 finishes broken down like this:

  • 9 were gifts
  • 29 were exchanges
  • 9 were for me
  • 1 was a model
  • 8 were Round Robins

I change my visitor counter every Jan. 1 at midnight (it's like my own little bloggy anniversary) so to date I've had: 105899 visitors this year, tonight it will go back to zero.

I've added 4 tutorials to my Tutorial Blog this year adding up to 12 tutorials.

I opened a Finishing Service this year and things continue to be busy there.

I've become good friends with many people near and far - all over the world thanks to this blog!

I've had a great year....I thank YOU all for your continued visits, your friendship and support!

I wish you ALL a very happy, bright and BLESSED NEW YEAR!

Until next year.....count your stitches and your BLESSINGS!

34 comments:

  1. Dear Vonna, I'm glad you've finished your very accomplished year, and that you will have more time for stitching for yourself in 2009. You truly deserve that quiet and less frenzied time! You've been such a blessing to so many of us, and I'm sending wishes for all that to come back to you in this coming year. Thank you, in particular, for the kind friend you've been to me.
    Love and hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful etui. I need to figure out how to make one of those.
    And the tatted ornament - just stunning.
    Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year. I count you as one of my blessings this past year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your exchange is beautiful. Happy new year for when it arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous gifts you received Vonna! :)

    Good luck with your stitching and other plans for 2009 and Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your new lay-out!! And I love to come here, you're such an inspiration! You're a good mother, a friendly and beautiful person, a creative stitcher... Thank you so much for sharing you life with us! May the next year be good for you and family, may you achieve all your goals!! Hugs and kisses! MªJoão

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Etui and tatted ornamnet. They are both wonderful. Happy New Year to you and your family !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, wonderful gifts!!! Have a happy new year, Vonna!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool etui! You have been very busy this year!
    Happy New Year to you and yours!
    ~~Martha~~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very productive stitching year, though I know it's been hard with some of the events happening this year. Glad to see you stitching more for yourself - love the goals. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I am jealous...What an awesome exchange by Rosalie!

    Wishing you and the entire family a wonderful New Year. I look forward to seeing all of your 2009 finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very beautiful gifts!

    Wow...you had a great stitching year :) I'm also going to try stitching more from my stash this year.

    Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes! I'm jealous!!...lol...You lucky girl you! What beautiful, amazing gifts you've received from 2 very talented ladies!
    You were very busy last year, but you made a lot of people very happy to receive your exchanges, gifts and RR's.
    Good job in 2008!! Very happy I stumbled across your blog:) Mr. Right and I wish you and yours a most fabulous, healthy and prosperous 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've had a great year, Vonna!!! Good luck with all your 2009 plans. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's been a great year for you, Vonna! I think your plans for the New Year are well-balanced and will bring a little less stress into your life.

    Happy, Happy New Year!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year Vonna!!
    Look forward to all your new creations in 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy New Year, Vonna! I look forward to another year of your friendship and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm looking forward to seeing what you stitch, what you do in your home, and watching your family grow in the coming year! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What lovely gifts you received. Thank you for inspiring me this year to get back into needlework. Happy Stitching and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It will be nice to stitch more for yourself! You are very blessed to have a wonderfu family and I love keeping up with your little bunnies as they grow!
    I wish you a happy and safe new year!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very beautiful red inspiration:)
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous10:30 AM

    Happy new year, Vonna. Looking forward to seeing your 2009 finishes stack up!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  22. That Etui is absolutely beautiful! Lovely work!
    Happy, Happy New Year to you and your adorable family!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful gift. Wow you have accomplished so much this year. I am full of admiration! x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Really beautiful gifts Vonna! Good luck with your plans!!! Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What beautiful gifts from very talented folks! Your list of 2008 accomplishments is amazing. Happy New Year to you and yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy New Year, Vonna! Best of luck with your goals for 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Vonna,

    The etui from Rosalie is just wonderful! Wow, I think I'd be in seventh heaven to receive a gift like that.

    Happy New Year dear friend! May 2009 be full of wonderful times for you and your lovely family.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great year in review Vonna and I think focusing on yourself is just perfect! Keep focused on those goals and they will become a reality!

    ReplyDelete
  29. The pyramid etui is just stunning. What a great finishing technique! I also love the tatted heart you got, it's so delicate.

    Stitch more for me ... is also on my 2009 list. All those WIPs and UFOs are calling me, lol. I wish you all the best for your plans. And a Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  30. i think the archive you wirte is very good, but i think it will be better if you can say more..hehe,love your blog,,,

    ReplyDelete
  31. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a stunning etui! Is there a pattern your friend can share? I'm sure many of us admirers would love to make one for ourselves (since we can't have yours!!!) LOL! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I will pass on your article introduced to my other friends, because really good!

    ReplyDelete
  34. A friend told me this place I have been looking for, I come, it turned out, I have not disappointed, good Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher